ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey guys, we cool?
The Refs 12:10 PM 09-16-2022
Hello everyone. Hope this thread finds you well.

Just wondering your thoughts on the game last night. I think the crew did a pretty good job calling the game. A few ticky tack calls could have been made for holding but I think overall the game had good flow. Naturally we had to stick to the "flags on big plays only" rule, but I think we managed to keep ourselves out of the game and allow you guys to play a heads up game.

Can't believe Samuel dropped that interception. Admittedly my crew missed the play, we were looking at some crazy looking guy dressed in all yellow stripped bibs who was spilling beer all over the place and screaming at the top of his lungs. He threatened to kill us if we didn't overturn it. And I ain't about to die, I bet the under. I've got a vacation coming up I want to be alive for.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:08 AM 10-11-2022
I think they need to hire full time officials, and not a bunch of old guys. I'm sure there's plenty of young people who are familiar with football that didn't make it in the NFL that would love a full time job as an official.

As much as I dislike Troy Aikman, he's right... You can look at a play and determine intent of the defensive player. This is a game played by big men and is violent. I understand that they want more points and to protect the quarterback however there's a place for defense as well and maybe put some responsibility on the quarterback to protect himself instead of ignoring defenders knowing that the referees are going to do it for them.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:35 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I think they need to hire full time officials, and not a bunch of old guys. I'm sure there's plenty of young people who are familiar with football that didn't make it in the NFL that would love a full time job as an official.

As much as I dislike Troy Aikman, he's right... You can look at a play and determine intent of the defensive player. This is a game played by big men and is violent. I understand that they want more points and to protect the quarterback however there's a place for defense as well and maybe put some responsibility on the quarterback to protect himself instead of ignoring defenders knowing that the referees are going to do it for them.
Agree. They want to protect QBs but not enough to risk scoring. So, do they really care about the QB's health? Beyond their investment in the QB's salary, I don't think so. If they truly cared about their health they'd reinstitute "in the grasp" or "two hand touch", but the NFL's answer is to always place more burden on the league's defenses, not on the offense. Go no further than the dual standard of OPI and DPI, and what constitutes a hold on the line with a on-rushing D-lineman, and the smallest of jersey grabs that happen in the backfield. And I'll add how the NFL will allow a rub route, and claim it's not a pick play.

LOL, the NFL's defenses should form their own union...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:59 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I think they need to hire full time officials, and not a bunch of old guys.
It won't make a lick of difference.

Replace them all, the new guys will do what the NFL wants, as well.

You all just don't see that the reason the Refs are the way they are is because that's the way the NFL wants it?

Really?

Wow.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:26 AM 10-11-2022
Nah, I'm pretty fucking far from ok.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:44 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Nah, I'm pretty fucking far from ok.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
the steam 11:59 AM 10-11-2022
It's ridiculous. Guys like Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, Young, Marino etc tooks hits in the head almost every game. By some miracle they were never seriously hurt. Sometimes they missed a game or 2 but guess what...the NFL survived
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:07 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
It's ridiculous. Guys like Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, Young, Marino etc tooks hits in the head almost every game. By some miracle they were never seriously hurt. Sometimes they missed a game or 2 but guess what...the NFL survived
Players are a lot bigger, stronger and faster than they were then
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:09 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
Have you ever listened to Terry Bradshaw?
[Reply]
the steam 12:19 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Have you ever listened to Terry Bradshaw?
Good point
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:54 PM 10-11-2022
I hope you trip and fall down and plant your face right into an ant pile of army ants.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:55 PM 10-11-2022
Up yours refs.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:21 PM 10-11-2022
I notice the OP has been strangely MIA through all of this. Did the lynch mob actually catch up to him outside the stadium last night? Or is still hiding in the tunnels?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:23 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I notice the OP has been strangely MIA through all of this. Did the lynch mob actually catch up to him outside the stadium last night? Or is still hiding in the tunnels?
The mods got tired of the schtick.

That said, the OP still isn't far away...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:27 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Oh, I missed that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:

So it is a mult.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up