ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 726
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Pants 03:47 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC:
And for my view?

**** the big 12.. I am sick of it and its conference...

Lets go to the B1G or the PAC - whatever...

Hell even the SEC for that matter, Just get me away from Texas....
Why do you hate Texas? Because they're worth more? I don't get this communist bullshit getting spewed all over this conference fiasco. Why shouldn't a school that is the BY FAR the biggest TV draw make more money than someone like Kansas? Big 12 is the ideal conference for all the local schools. Nobody is being screwed, the schools are all still making millions upon millions. Jesus titty.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:48 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
I don't want the conference to change. And it won't change.

The Big 12 is the best option for KU, KSU, MU and ISU.
Not sure how you can't look beyond this year. All that has happened is that the Big 12 has been given a stay of execution by UT and OU until they can figure out the best place to make the most money.

Sorry...I don't think the best option for MU is the Big 12! I think it is a dead end whether it is this year or next.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:49 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
They have been a darn good program for the last 25 years other than hiring Greg Robinson. All bc Petro is just throwing out bullshit doesn't mean its true.
Petro is a Syracuse alum. Why would he throw out BS about his alma mater? He said they had a run, but it's back to the old days of mediocre football, at best.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:50 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Who cares? Ancient history doesn't matter.
Pittsburgh has been to more BCS games than Nebraska & Missouri recently albeit they play in a weaker conference. Just because a team hasn't been as good in the last 5-10 years doesn't mean they'll be bad forever. I don't know why some on this board don't understand this.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:51 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
Why do you hate Texas? Because they're worth more? I don't get this communist bullshit getting spewed all over this conference fiasco. Why shouldn't a school that is the BY FAR the biggest TV draw make more money than someone like Kansas? Big 12 is the ideal conference for all the local schools. Nobody is being screwed, the schools are all still making millions upon millions. Jesus titty.
Big 12 is a dead end conference, It wont be here when OU and Texas get done figuring out where they can make the most money...

So why sit around an wait for them to decide your future? Whats in it for Kansas to keep sucking the ball sack of Texas?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:52 PM 09-22-2011
I hate Texas for their F*** You attitude about the rest of the conference until they realized they had nowhere to go with that LHN.

I could give a rat's a$$ about the money now as much as I want out from under their thumb in the decision-making process for the Big 12.
[Reply]
Bambi 03:53 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Pittsburgh has been to more BCS games than Nebraska & Missouri recently albeit they play in a weaker conference. Just because a team hasn't been as good in the last 5-10 years doesn't mean they'll be bad forever. I don't know why some on this board don't understand this.
Army, Navy, Notre Dame, Nebraska..... sometimes once proud programs just go and die.

It is what it is.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:55 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I hate Texas for their F*** You attitude about the rest of the conference until they realized they had nowhere to go with that LHN.

I could give a rat's a$$ about the money now as much as I want out from under their thumb in the decision-making process for the Big 12.
And this also....

Here in OKC it ws reported that the PAC 12 told Texas to go pound sand agian... Saying they are complete divas in this conference race..

Also said that the PAC wasnt going to bow to Texas and the LHN like all the little guys would in the Big 12... Said they had stupid demands and shit when they were all here the other day in Norman...
[Reply]
Bambi 03:57 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC:
Big 12 is a dead end conference, It wont be here when OU and Texas get done figuring out where they can make the most money...

So why sit around an wait for them to decide your future? Whats in it for Kansas to keep sucking the ball sack of Texas?
How does Kansas "suck the ball sack of Texas"?

Look at the numbers. KU makes plenty off its 3rd tier bball deal.

If anything schools should be pissed at KU as well for not sharing bball revenue. It's not as valuable as the LHN so no one notices.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:57 PM 09-22-2011
This is spot on.

Everyone knows Texas has more money than God, that's not the point. They're sharing Tier 1 and Tier 2 revenues and they get the money from the LHN. That was all fine. Then Texas tried to expand the LHN to include HS games and aTm blew a gasket and cried all the way to the SEC. It's against NCAA rules for LHN to show HS games. It won't happen.

So, let's get all pissy and go to another conference where we'll get less money per school because we are all righteous and aren't about the money.

Kill me with a butter knife.
[Reply]
Buck 03:58 PM 09-22-2011
Okay, so I have a couple questions and I'm not digging through 1000 posts.

1. Is Mizzou going to the SEC or staying?

2. How many teams does the Big 12 want to be at at the end of this?

3. Which teams are most likely to be invited if they decide to stay together and expand?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:00 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
This is spot on.

Everyone knows Texas has more money than God, that's not the point. They're sharing Tier 1 and Tier 2 revenues and they get the money from the LHN. That was all fine. Then Texas tried to expand the LHN to include HS games and aTm blew a gasket and cried all the way to the SEC. It's against NCAA rules for LHN to show HS games. It won't happen.

So, let's get all pissy and go to another conference where we'll get less money per school because we are all righteous and aren't about the money.

Kill me with a butter knife.
Getting pissy and going to another conference is being all righteous?

Shit if the ship is sinking, I am not going to sit there and die just because the captian said it will still float, when obviously its sinking...

Thanks but no thanks... Hell even OU trustees that I work and play softball with feel that its just a matter of time before OU is out of here...
[Reply]
Bambi 04:01 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

This is a fair point.

But the ramifications of losing the Big12 would be terrible for everyone.

The Big12 bball tourney is great for KC.

All the SEC championships happen in Atlanta... that ain't movin.

Not to mention the caliber of teams to play.

I understand the "lets take on everyone to get better" mentality.

But does MU really want to be Ole Miss or Miss St in the SEC? Or actually have a chance to rise up here and there in the Big 12 to get to the BCS?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:02 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by :
Mizzou is likely staying unless the B12 folds.

Originally Posted by :
Probably 12.

Originally Posted by :
3. Which teams are most likely to be invited if they decide to stay together and expand?
BYU appears to be the most likely to be invited. If the B12 goes back to 12, then Louisville and WVU.
[Reply]
Bambi 04:02 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Buck:
Okay, so I have a couple questions and I'm not digging through 1000 posts.

1. Not now

2. 12

3. BYU, Cincy and Louisville

I like the idea of adding Louisville. Great basketball and decent football.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 726
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167567 > Last »
Up