ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 167
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:27 PM 10-25-2022
Rodgers wishes the Packers did what the Chiefs did in terms of replacing their departed WR1 with competent veteran WR’s.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:28 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I really don't care what he said to be honest. Anyone that has watched 5 minutes of the Packers can see their offensive talent is a flaming pile of trash.
No one said it wasn't.

That's great that you don't care. You seem to care enough to keep posting about it. But I guarantee his teammates care about that shit.

What about talking to your teammates on the sideline, trying to make them better? You think Mahomes would go on McAfee after a loss and say "Some guys need to lose reps. My coach says I played my best game yet." Like I don't know how to explain to someone who doesn't get it how bad that is. It's an objectively horrible thing for a QB to say to national media.

GB absolutely should have traded him when they had the chance. Maybe they can even trade him now. Maybe that's what he's trying to do. That would at least make sense. Still douchey.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:28 PM 10-25-2022

������ CM Punk and Aaron Rodgers are twins https://t.co/MrHyQ3AzJS

— Cory (@Cory_Hays407) September 12, 2022

This is how Aaron feels.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:29 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
No one said it wasn't.

That's great that you don't care. You seem to care enough to keep posting about it. But I guarantee his teammates care about that shit.

What about talking to your teammates on the sideline, trying to make them better? You think Mahomes would go on McAfee after a loss and say "Some guys need to lose reps. My coach says I played my best game yet."
Mahomes isn't pushing 40 hoping to win 1 more before he hangs it up, attitudes change when you're coming to the end.
[Reply]
TEX 01:29 PM 10-25-2022
Do all the DonkTards think he's going to Denver again??? :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:31 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

What an unbelievable douche. My coach says I played great. The exact polar opposite of how you want your QB to behave.

They had a chance to trade this guy for all the draft picks in the world. Should have taken it.
So he graded out perfectly?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:33 PM 10-25-2022
Well he could have been getting 4s and got a 5 for this game. Sort of like "I'm inoculated".
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 10-25-2022
I really don't care what he said to be honest. Anyone that has watched 5 minutes of the Packers can see their offensive talent is a flaming pile of trash.
He's a big part of the problem.
[Reply]
Spott 01:41 PM 10-25-2022
Maybe the :-) can sign him in 7 years after they get tired of Russ’s bland ass cooking.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:48 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Rodgers wishes the Packers did what the Chiefs did in terms of replacing their departed WR1 with competent veteran WR’s.
He didn't trust or care to build a relationship with mvs either. MVS isn't great but he's better than the ghost of Randall cobb but based on past seasons, rodgers wouldn't care.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:50 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
So he graded out perfectly?
Damn it, beat me to it. :-)

When you're saying the type of things Matt Cassel used to say to defend your play, you're in trouble.

That said, the Packers are morons for thinking any QB could perform with their current group of WRs and TEs. They very well might be the absolute worst in football.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:50 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
He didn't trust or care to build a relationship with mvs either. MVS isn't great but he's better than the ghost of Randall cobb.
Exactly.

I'll see if I can find the footage of the SF postgame where MVS was all over Mahomes like he couldn't get enough of the guy. In Mahomes, he's got a guy that will help him get better instead of just telling him he's doing it wrong.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:52 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

I'll see if I can find the footage of the SF postgame where MVS was all over Mahomes like he couldn't get enough of the guy. In Mahomes, he's got a guy that will help him get better instead of just telling him he's doing it wrong.
If anyone has ever gone from a terrible boss to a great boss, it's like a gigantic weight is lifted.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:54 PM 10-25-2022
I feel like if over 15 years the Chiefs never drafted any offensive players in round 1, routinely let his best players walk while constantly asking him to carry them...Mahomes might be snarky too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 10-25-2022
I feel like if over 15 years the Chiefs never drafted any offensive players in round 1, routinely let his best players walk while constantly asking him to carry them...Mahomes might be snarky too.
The thing is, they'd never do that to Mahomes. He's given them zero reasons to treat him that way. He even structured his contract so they COULD get players around him. Patrick Mahomes is simply a better human being than Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 167
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Up