ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs got lucky to win Super Bowls
BWillie 01:18 PM 04-17-2024
Get out your pitchforks boys, you ain't gonna like this. It's actually good arguments. We probably got lucky last year, unlucky in the losses to Brady because that motherfucker is the luckiest person alive.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:24 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Going to six AFCCG's and winning three SB's isn't just luck.
Too bad Alex didn't stick around to benefit from all this luck.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:26 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
If not for refball, we very well could have.
Alex Smiff unluckily cost us a SB
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:53 AM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Well, if in fact it was “luck”, as a Chiefs fan, we were apparently due a bunch of of it :-)
50 heartbreaking, grueling years worth.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:36 AM 04-18-2024
Hell yes Luck plays into sports, you just have to be prepared to capitalize on the opportunity!

You can literally go through any sporting event and find something that can alter a play, which can alter the game!

Hell, I love the Mario & the Miracle's season, but Memphis had every reason to win that game in the 2nd half! FT's, just hit them, were we lucky they missed, yes, cause just hitting 1 more in the 2nd half and we are not the Champs!

Any frigging sporting event some luck plays into the event.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:38 AM 04-18-2024
As the fanbase that whined "Because Chiefs" for decades, we know good and bad luck is a big part of football.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:30 AM 04-18-2024
It’s always been better to be lucky than to be good, as the saying goes.

Interesting attempt to try to quantify luck. Definitely hit and miss field Goals is more about the field goal kicker skills than luck. I’m not really sure dropped passes are a good measure either. Toney is not so much unlucky. He just can’t catch.

His fourth metric of how the bell bounces after a fumble is probably the best, although some defences are just better at creating opportunities to recover irrespective of how the ball bounces.

Not sure what other metrics would have been better and more meaningful. But if he is going to use these ones he needs to subjectively adjust them to take into account player skills; definitely for kicking and probably four drops as well.

And for those who say Brady was the luckiest player alive, he lost one Super Bowl to Eli because of an incredible otherworldly catch after Eli miraculously escaped being sacked. And the other Super Bowl he lost to Eli also involved an amazing throw and catch. So he wasn’t always lucky. Sure those plays involved skill mainly, but you can’t have seen them without seeing if there was an element of luck.

Definitely agree with the posters that point out that when you win multiple Super Bowls It certainly makes it much harder to say. The team was just lucky.

But let’s hope we’re lucky again this year and for many years to come.
[Reply]
redfan 11:32 AM 04-18-2024
Like NY Yankee great Lefty Gomez said: "I'd rather be lucky than good."
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:59 AM 04-18-2024
Its the luck of the Jesuits /blackops
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04-18-2024, 12:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Wallcrawler.
Rausch 12:31 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The league got lucky we should have won the last 6
Exactly. We were 6 pts away from winning 1 more SB and being in 2 (we weren't beating TB that year with a 3rd string O line. That should be clear.)
[Reply]
ping2000 01:16 PM 04-18-2024
What happens when we get good to go along with the luck? I'm predicting 10 in a row now.
[Reply]
notorious 03:25 PM 04-18-2024
San Fran’s kicker bombed deep kicks he wouldn’t dream of normally. Did this stupid fuck figure that in?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:24 PM 04-18-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
San Fran’s kicker bombed deep kicks he wouldn’t dream of normally. Did this stupid fuck figure that in?
And Butkers kick was millimeters from being blocked
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:31 AM 04-19-2024

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:26 AM 04-19-2024
How did anyone make it through that video? The slow pace, and his condescending drawn out tone made me want to punch him in the throat, and kick him in the nuts, just so he would :-) and make a noise other than whatever bullshit he was just spewing.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:33 AM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
How did anyone make it through that video? The slow pace, and his condescending drawn out tone made me want to punch him in the throat, and kick him in the nuts, just so he would :-) and make a noise other than whatever bullshit he was just spewing.
I thought it was a fantastic well done video. I knew it was going to be upsetting to people but the type of logic he uses simply fascinates me.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up