ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:12 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, as I expected, he gave me fake contact information. So I guess I'll file a police report. I was willing to work with the guy if he was honorable, but we'll see if we've got security cameras on the trail to get him some criminal charges.
I hope they find him and you sue his ass off. Glad you are okay- best wishes!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:17 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Word from Woody's KC is your shit looks like a white chocolate Twix bar
Fuck Woodys I only get plowed at Sidekicks Saloon the hot dogs taste like shit!
[Reply]
kccrow 10:55 PM 03-11-2022
Damn bud, get well soon. That looks pretty wicked.
[Reply]
Pul2eject 12:16 AM 03-12-2022
It was odd. We were down in a heap, and he jumped up, apologizing and saying, "Let me help you up". My legs were tangled in his bike frame and he was actually grabbing my legs until I kicked him away. I was bleeding pretty good.

He stood there for e minute and I looked down and saw my glasses smashed, so I said, "Give me your name and number." He took my cell phone and put information in, which I haven't checked yet to see if it's valid, and said he'd take care of any damage. Then he rode off while I was still trying to get up.

I called my wife to get me to the emergency room and made my way out to the street. A police officer happened to be driving by and stopped, and I ended up with three police cars around me by the time my wife arrived.

So I don't know. He hung around for a few minutes and may or may not have given me his contact info, but it's bad form to leave when the person is still down and bleeding. And man, there was a lot of blood.
Dam!! So sorry man and I am hoping you recover well. Its been 20 years since I rode like a bullet. 250 miles a week became my goal. Orange county, Santa Barbara and finally back to Denver.

I always gave right of way to those in front of me on shared trails. With adults on bikes or walking it was always... me shouting."On your Left". Always worked.

The catcher was the toddlers on their little bikes. They will inevitably glide into your passing lane and just deal with it and wave back to the parents to say its ok.

Nowadays I see bikes riding 3 abreast, outside of their lane like its their given right to do so.....

I am really pissed on your account!

I truly hope you heal soon with only a scar. I really hope you get justice.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:46 AM 03-12-2022
Forgive me. My vision is messed up and I'm apparently seeing double now.
Glad your wit is not impaired. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 08:35 AM 03-12-2022
Chicks dig scars.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:38 AM 03-12-2022
Either way, he shouldn't have left me.
Ya, that is low rent, for sure.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:46 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Do it and don’t feel bad about it.

In college this old lady hit me (in my car) while I was stopped at a stop sign. I was super nice to her because hell I have a grandma, right?

Well it turns out she didn’t pay her premium so the insurance she had a card for wouldn’t cover anything.

And naturally I didn’t have money to fix it (liability insurance only because poor college student).

**** shitty people.
I lost my Jeep Cherokee to an uninsured driver. Bought it brand new, had it 16 years with 242k.

Still miss that vehickle.
[Reply]
highBOLTage 08:52 AM 03-12-2022
The yin to your yang.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ning-pole.html
Attached: 55163141-0-image-a-116_1646865174430.jpg (47.3 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:59 AM 03-12-2022
Okay, I have a plot twist, though it's unrelated.

I happen to know someone who's very active in the French community in Denver. I haven't talked to him in a decade, so I did a quick google to see if he's still around.

And he's now a woman.

I did not see that coming. I know it's him because the first google hit was an interview with him featuring "before and after" photos. It's none of my business and good for ... well, her ... but this was not a guy where you could see any foreshadowing of this.
Dude, all French men are women, didn't ya know?
[Reply]
stevieray 09:00 AM 03-12-2022
I wonder if the dude rides his bike around Wash Park.

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:09 PM 03-13-2022
Update: I put a notice up on nextdoor and someone just sent me the name of the guy. It is indeed a French guy named Max who's a personal trainer. The phone number is identical to the one he gave me except one digit was changed. Now I need to figure out my next step.

I'm healing up pretty good, by the way. I've got a little blurry vision in the black eye, but I'm hoping that's just due to the fact that there's still some swelling and fluids and stuff floating around. I'll get the top level of stitches out tomorrow.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:28 PM 03-13-2022
Update: I put a notice up on nextdoor and someone just sent me the name of the guy. It is indeed a French guy named Max...
Of course it was...

:-)
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:37 PM 03-13-2022
IMHO, it’s time to run all the information you have through the filter of a trusted attorney.
[Reply]
Fish 07:46 PM 03-13-2022
Update: I put a notice up on nextdoor and someone just sent me the name of the guy. It is indeed a French guy named Max who's a personal trainer. The phone number is identical to the one he gave me except one digit was changed. Now I need to figure out my next step.

I'm healing up pretty good, by the way. I've got a little blurry vision in the black eye, but I'm hoping that's just due to the fact that there's still some swelling and fluids and stuff floating around. I'll get the top level of stitches out tomorrow.
You want us to rough him up some, you let us know. :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up