ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:39 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The jury's still out on that one. I never lost consciousness and passed all of the tests in the ER, so I assumed that I was somehow okay. But then I got a weird diffuse headache later in the evening that persists. My wife is keeping an eye on me and said if it's not better tomorrow we'll go back in. But I don't know that they can do anything about it.
I hate to be morbid, but we don’t need you going the Saget route. Err on the side of caution.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:41 PM 03-10-2022
Sue that dude, sue the bike manufacturer, and definitely sue the city that owns the trail.

You have a significant pay day coming your way, sir.
[Reply]
kstater 05:42 PM 03-10-2022
I would not have guessed your walls would be green

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:43 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I hate to be morbid, but we don’t need you going the Saget route. Err on the side of caution.
My wife is on watch to warn me if I start doing really bad standup comedy.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 05:44 PM 03-10-2022
It was odd. We were down in a heap, and he jumped up, apologizing and saying, "Let me help you up". My legs were tangled in his bike frame and he was actually grabbing my legs until I kicked him away. I was bleeding pretty good.

He stood there for e minute and I looked down and saw my glasses smashed, so I said, "Give me your name and number." He took my cell phone and put information in, which I haven't checked yet to see if it's valid, and said he'd take care of any damage. Then he rode off while I was still trying to get up.

I called my wife to get me to the emergency room and made my way out to the street. A police officer happened to be driving by and stopped, and I ended up with three police cars around me by the time my wife arrived.

So I don't know. He hung around for a few minutes and may or may not have given me his contact info, but it's bad form to leave when the person is still down and bleeding. And man, there was a lot of blood.
That is absolutely awful. What a terrible human being. Nuthooks for him.
Very glad to hear you are okay. It seems far to often in accidents the one at fault gets off way too easy.
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:45 PM 03-10-2022
On the upside, it’s scientifically proven that hot chics find facial scars to be an aphrodisiac.
[Reply]
Fish 05:47 PM 03-10-2022
Daaaamn. That's gonna hurt for a while. Glad you're OK.
[Reply]
Holladay 05:48 PM 03-10-2022
That left eye looks bad. The right one looks better. Orbital fractures? It looks like a little bit worse and could have lost it.

I guess you don't have eyes on the back of your head.
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:59 PM 03-10-2022
Sorry for your pain SIR. I hope the pain is short lived. On a side note, did the ER force you to shave your head? I assumed you would have a full mane. My condolences.
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:00 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by kstater:
I would not have guessed your walls would be green

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
His hoodie coordinates, too!
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:15 PM 03-10-2022
ManOMan.
That could have been so much worse.
Hang in there Rain Man, You have one hell of a story to tell your grandkids, campfire chatter ect.

Not being gay. But cha look macho with that black eye and pavement face.
Pavement face can really hurt.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:30 PM 03-10-2022
It was odd. We were down in a heap, and he jumped up, apologizing and saying, "Let me help you up". My legs were tangled in his bike frame and he was actually grabbing my legs until I kicked him away. I was bleeding pretty good.

He stood there for e minute and I looked down and saw my glasses smashed, so I said, "Give me your name and number." He took my cell phone and put information in, which I haven't checked yet to see if it's valid, and said he'd take care of any damage. Then he rode off while I was still trying to get up.

I called my wife to get me to the emergency room and made my way out to the street. A police officer happened to be driving by and stopped, and I ended up with three police cars around me by the time my wife arrived.

So I don't know. He hung around for a few minutes and may or may not have given me his contact info, but it's bad form to leave when the person is still down and bleeding. And man, there was a lot of blood.
That's a hit and run. Did you not tell the police about the info on your phone ?
[Reply]
stumppy 06:31 PM 03-10-2022
:-)

That's rather unfortunate looking. Not sure if the stitches and black eye help either. Spoiler that stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:33 PM 03-10-2022
I've said this before , but this is exactly why one should always walk backwards.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:34 PM 03-10-2022
I think I've seen you before.
Attached: goonyimages.jpg (6.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up