ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:44 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
I’ve traveled a lot for work and the one common theme almost everywhere is that PI lawyers account for about half of all commercials on local TV. Must be good money in the insurance settlement business; shame we are the (indirect) end payers of those settlement funds.
Yeah, when I watch over-the-air TV I see a fair number of these. There's some company now whose commercials make me chuckle because they don't even want to tell you their names. Some woman starts and says that they can sue people, and then she says, "Now I'll turn it over to our spokesman, Rob." She says Rob in a weird way like it's a pseudonym.

And they do all of this with a background of a half-dozen people answering phones like it's a telethon. It's a spectacularly bad commercial, but then again I think their market is not people who are going to notice any details.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:35 PM 04-08-2022
You're far more forgiving than I would have been. I would have been reasonable with the guy had he been upfront, but after the fake number shit I would have sued the crap out of him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:49 PM 04-08-2022
I'm still not convinced these aren't pictures of Rainman after coming back from the fight in Ukraine.

You're not fooling me, buddy.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:41 PM 04-13-2022
What ever happened with the Frenchman? Perhaps it was posted already, if so forgive me.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:38 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
What ever happened with the Frenchman? Perhaps it was posted already, if so forgive me.
Did you notice that Rainman joined a gym, I think the biker better be looking over his shoulder.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 06:25 AM 04-14-2022
Rainman was practicing his rock throwing last night in preparation for a showdown with Frenchy.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:20 AM 04-14-2022
Whole thing could have been avoided had OP not slandered EuroTrip
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:28 PM 04-14-2022
In a positive surprise, he actually has insurance and they contacted me today. We're working out a plan to cover damages now. He may stay out of American prison after all.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:32 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In a positive surprise, he actually has insurance and they contacted me today. We're working out a plan to cover damages now. He may stay out of American prison after all.
Out of curiosity, what kind of insurance policy covers that kind of accident?

Glad that it should get taken care of, regardless!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:43 PM 04-14-2022
I'd sue him purely based on the fact he actually had insurance that covers your bills and he was still a cunt about it. That almost worse than avoiding you out of self preservation for not wanting to be financially ruined.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:56 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Out of curiosity, what kind of insurance policy covers that kind of accident?

Glad that it should get taken care of, regardless!
I actually don't know. I'm kind of shocked that he has something to cover it.

I've got umbrella insurance that would cover it, but my impression is that that's something that a homeowner usually has, and I assumed this guy was a renter since he was kind of young. Maybe he's in a condo, but it's a building with a unit number in Lodo that showed up with rentals when I googled it. The insurance person commented that she does a lot of dog bite claims and alluded that this might be her first biker-on-pedestrian claim. That sounds to me like homeowner or umbrella coverage, but I'll just shrug and be happy about it.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd sue him purely based on the fact he actually had insurance that covers your bills and he was still a **** about it. That almost worse than avoiding you out of self preservation for not wanting to be financially ruined.
Well, yeah, that's a good point.

The insurance agent did comment that I should send a picture of my injuries and she would make an offer on the scar in addition to the hard costs. So that's kind of a win. But then she said that I'm a guy and I'm old, so scars aren't a big deal for people like me like they would be for a "girl". Even if I understand the logic of saying that, it's still a little offputting to have someone actually say it. I make a living with this face. I wooed a woman with this face. This face is in almost every selfie I've ever taken. This face is important to me.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:24 PM 04-14-2022

I've got umbrella insurance that would cover it, but my impression is that that's something that a homeowner usually has, and I assumed this guy was a renter since he was kind of young. Maybe he's in a condo, but it's a building with a unit number in Lodo that showed up with rentals when I googled it). The insurance person commented that she does a lot of dog bite claims and alluded that this might be her first biker-on-pedestrian claim. That sounds to me like homeowner or umbrella coverage, but I'll just shrug and be happy about it.

The insurance agent did comment that I should send a picture of my injuries and she would make an offer on the scar in addition to the hard costs. So that's kind of a win. But then she said that I'm a guy and I'm old, so scars aren't a big deal for people like me like they would be for a "girl". Even if I understand the logic of saying that, it's still a little offputting to have someone actually say it. I make a living with this face. I wooed a woman with this face. This face is in almost every selfie I've ever teken. This face is important to me.
Seriously, when they offer you a settlement you need to request double. At minimum.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:36 PM 04-14-2022
Great news- glad you are getting a settlement.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:50 PM 04-14-2022

I've got umbrella insurance that would cover it, but my impression is that that's something that a homeowner usually has, and I assumed this guy was a renter since he was kind of young. Maybe he's in a condo, but it's a building with a unit number in Lodo that showed up with rentals when I googled it. The insurance person commented that she does a lot of dog bite claims and alluded that this might be her first biker-on-pedestrian claim. That sounds to me like homeowner or umbrella coverage, but I'll just shrug and be happy about it.

The insurance agent did comment that I should send a picture of my injuries and she would make an offer on the scar in addition to the hard costs. So that's kind of a win. But then she said that I'm a guy and I'm old, so scars aren't a big deal for people like me like they would be for a "girl". Even if I understand the logic of saying that, it's still a little offputting to have someone actually say it. I make a living with this face. I wooed a woman with this face. This face is in almost every selfie I've ever taken. This face is important to me.
Glad to hear the frog is doing the right thing. It must go against every natural instinct of his to do so.

Also, since you now have that nasty scar, I cannot see you playing rhe role of Peter Gibbons in the movie about my life that will surely be made someday. You ask to be compensated for this loss as prior to this accident, you were my first choice.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:02 PM 04-14-2022
Glad to hear the frog is doing the right thing. It must go against every natural instinct of his to do so.

Also, since you now have that nasty scar, I cannot see you playing rhe role of Peter Gibbons in the movie about my life that will surely be made someday. You ask to be compensated for this loss as prior to this accident, you were my first choice.
I would appreciate a formal statement to that effect.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up