ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:31 AM 03-16-2022
How's the vision?
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:47 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
How's the vision?
Well, he didn’t see the other guy coming.

/rimshot.
[Reply]
scho63 12:41 PM 03-16-2022
Truth is, Rainman got hit it the face when one of his recent POLES fell over
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:45 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
How's the vision?
Doing okay, I think. Still a lot of floaters and fluid, so the jury is still out.

I sent Frenchy an email discussing payment of my costs and he hasn't responded. The good news is that the police have told me that I can file a criminal complaint against him. I've given him a deadline, so after that I'll be going the criminal complaint and lawsuit route. I tried to be nice to the guy and he's too stupid to grab the life preserver.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:51 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Doing okay, I think. Still a lot of floaters and fluid, so the jury is still out.

I sent Frenchy an email discussing payment of my costs and he hasn't responded. The good news is that the police have told me that I can file a criminal complaint against him. I've given him a deadline, so after that I'll be going the criminal complaint and lawsuit route. I tried to be nice to the guy and he's too stupid to grab the life preserver.
Sounds like this guy is an idiot, oui?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:15 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Sounds like this guy is an idiot, oui?
Oui, le moron.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:38 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

That seems more than fair. You're a nice guy who's giving Frenchy every opportunity to do the right thing.

You should be made whole and his behavior should be corrected. The civil process is designed to make you whole (to the degree it can do so), but it's the criminal process that very often must be brought to bear to change a person's behavior (again, to the degree it can do so).

If you need any incentive to take this thing to a more instructional level, I'd suggest that you'll be doing a public service in getting law enforcement and punitive authorities involved. He's not acting like the sort of guy who understands that he needs to take responsibility for his choices. Left to his own conscience alone, it's likely only a matter of time before he does damage in some way to another person. You might just save that other person by helping to impose correction on the guy.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:54 AM 03-17-2022
Found him, notice the position he takes to drill his victims in the back

[Reply]
ptlyon 10:58 AM 03-17-2022
Papa Giorgio!
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:40 PM 04-07-2022
So as an update, I just got all of the costs and sent Frenchy the bill. He had said that he would cover it, and he's darn lucky that I have good insurance. Even with insurance covering most of the medical, it's still coming out to around $2,000. And that's a screaming deal for him since I'm not yet filing the police report or calling a personal injury lawyer. Scars are worth big money, but I'll just move on if he mans up.
[Reply]
Stewie 09:49 PM 04-07-2022
It's too bad you don't live in KC. According to the multiple lawyers that advertise on TV you're a sucker if you pick the wrong one. You got $100k? We would have got you $250k. My ads will prove it!
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:29 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
It's too bad you don't live in KC. According to the multiple lawyers that advertise on TV you're a sucker if you pick the wrong one. You got $100k? We would have got you $250k. My ads will prove it!
I'm sure Denver has their share of sleazeball lawyers.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:31 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, but do any of them dress up like fucking Tarzan? :-)
[Reply]
TLO 11:08 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Stewie:
JUNGLE LAW
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 03:39 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I’ve traveled a lot for work and the one common theme almost everywhere is that PI lawyers account for about half of all commercials on local TV. Must be good money in the insurance settlement business; shame we are the (indirect) end payers of those settlement funds.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up