ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 319
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Pants 03:03 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Can Allegretti play center? Didn’t he play some in the preseason after we drafted him?
I'm 90% sure I remember him taking snaps at C at some point. Can't remember when, though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:04 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They drafted him as a C, so it’s possible, but I have no clue whether they see him as the long term answer there or not.
If they see him as the future.....maybe they put him at center and Rankin at LG.
[Reply]
Pants 03:04 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Fisher will be fine for the start of the season. Achilles injuries are no where near as bad as they were 20 years ago.
I hope you're right, man. That would be awesome.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:06 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I hope you're right, man. That would be awesome.
I would be curious to what repair method they did for fisher. if you are not squeamish look up FHL transfer. It is kind of interesting.

I was able to walk with a boot and no crutches less than two weeks post op. No boot at 4 weeks and full medical release at 6.
[Reply]
Pants 03:08 PM 02-11-2021
I would be curious to what repair method they did for fisher. if you are not squeamish look up FHL transfer. It is kind of interesting.

I was able to walk with a boot and no crutches less than two weeks post op. No boot at 4 weeks and full medical release at 6.
Jesus fuck, bro.

A. I'm definitely squeamish
B. I still looked it up
C. I was fine until they cut the heel
D. I almost fainted at that point
[Reply]
penguinz 03:11 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Jesus ****, bro.

A. I'm definitely squeamish
B. I still looked it up
C. I was fine until they cut the heel
D. I almost fainted at that point
lol... If Fisher was a speedster or a basketball player I would not be confident he could be ready for the season. Since he isn't either he should be fine. Might lack a little drive off that leg but completely manageable.
[Reply]
Toad 03:16 PM 02-11-2021
Fisher will be fine for the start of the season. Achilles injuries are no where near as bad as they were 20 years ago.
No one can know that for sure. Everyone heals differently.

What is the contingency if he does not heal fully next season? Does the team feel comfortable putting trust in Niang as the LT starter or even as a stop gap? What is the contingency if Niang sucks or gets hurt?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:25 PM 02-11-2021
Once again. Who the **** is playing LT?

And don’t say Remmers. He can’t ****ing do it.
It would not surprise me to see Niang at LT with Remmers at RT
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Toad:
Coming off a relatively major injury, Fisher doesn’t hold all the leverage. Pending full and timely recovery, he may or may not be in the long term plans.

May be possible to extend him for say 1-2 additional year(s) and reduce his cap for 2012. With that, it could make it possible to sign a stop gap at LT for 1 year AND a draft someone to develop. That draftee could play at RT to audition for the LT.
He's in the last year of his contract. All he has to do is tell them "no" when they ask him to give them cap relief.

He has ALL the leverage.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:06 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also I think people need to be realistic here. I just don’t think tackle is on the list unless it’s later in the draft. They aren’t just gonna give up on Fisher when Schwartz is likely done.

I think the most realistic viewpoint here is that Reiter is going to get paid and the Chiefs will be taking a C early in the draft to go with Niang as new starters.
I agree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:08 PM 02-11-2021
They're going to sign a 1-year stop-gap at some point.

Your day 1 starting LT will probably be Remmers or Rankin or whoever they sign.

They're not going to kick Fisher to the curb. I wish they could start fresh but it's not going to happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:11 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're going to sign a 1-year stop-gap at some point.

Your day 1 starting LT will probably be Remmers or Rankin or whoever they sign.

They're not going to kick Fisher to the curb. I wish they could start fresh but it's not going to happen.
We know what Remmers is. I’d rather see Rankin start until Fisher is healthy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:13 PM 02-11-2021
If they see him as the future.....maybe they put him at center and Rankin at LG.
Don't know why people think anything of Rankin other than always injured. He was injured with the Texans. He has been here and injured both years here. I just don't see why there is anything for him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:48 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It would not surprise me to see Niang at LT with Remmers at RT
It would surprise me because Remmers was ass.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:48 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It would surprise me because Remmers was ass.
At LT he was, but he was adequate at RT.

The guy hadn’t played LT in several years. It was just a disaster.

I still wouldn’t want him starting at RT in the playoffs though.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 319
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up