ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:45 PM 04-28-2022
It shows me a guy who can't even run a go route.

Really? The guy who has a 3-route tree can't even run the one he excels at correctly? One that most of us knew how to run in High School?

(But seriously - good post; this kid is just soooooo raaaaw. This isn't a kid that's going to be ready by November. Of 2023 even. This is a kid who MIGHT be a contributor in year 3 if everything goes well)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:48 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Girls, girls, girls - you're both pretty.

Oh wait, that's not true.

Mahomes, you're ugly and evidently as dumb as a bag of hammers.
:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:21 PM 05-31-2022
So about this...

Christian Watson had another drop against air in drills today. His hands have definitely been questionable. I don’t think there’s been a practice yet where he hasn’t dropped at least one pass. Does it matter much? Prob not - but noteworthy at least.

— Andy Herman (@AndyHermanNFL) May 31, 2022

[Reply]
kevrunner 05-31-2022, 08:41 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner. Reason: Error
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 06-01-2022
By the way - we have Christian Watson. Don't even need a different jersey.

Tell me the difference in Christian Watson and Justin Watson.

Justin is 6'3'', runs a 4.42, similar 3-cone and shuttle times. And unlike Christian, he was extremely productive in his FCS program with 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons. He's also demonstrated excellent hands.

For the next 2 years at least, there's an excellent chance that Justin Watson is a better football player than Christian Watson.

Dude is just an underwear warrior, man. Still can't believe folks were mocking this kid to us in the 1st round.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:47 AM 06-01-2022
I still can't believe he went as high as he did. Nothing suggests to me that he's going to be a good WR other than his athleticism. Maybe they'll get a gem, but I've seen far too many flame out with all the athletic gifts in the world to be a believer yet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I still can't believe he went as high as he did. Nothing suggests to me that he's going to be a good WR other than his athleticism. Maybe they'll get a gem, but I've seen far too many flame out with all the athletic gifts in the world to be a believer yet.
I kinda feel like the Packers blinked.

This is the same organization that traded up for Jordan Love. It just seems like they get a little panicky, lose trust in their board and then go wild reaching on guys they think they 'need'.

It's what Veach did w/ Speaks but he definitely appears to have righted the ship there.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 06-01-2022
What’s weird to me is that Christian Watson looks to me like…a more raw MVS. That’s weird to me bc it feels like they just replaced MVS with that pick.

If you think about it they are quite similar but MVS developed over time and seemed to correct his drop problem.

Maybe they are looking for that from this kid? Who knows. We all laughed at DK Metcalf bc he couldn’t run routes and his 3 cone was terrible.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:55 PM 06-01-2022
rodgers is good at turning chicken salad into...nevermind
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:13 AM 06-02-2022
Reports from Packer's sources say their 7th round WR looks better and more NFL ready.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:28 PM 06-05-2022
The thing with Watson that cooled me on him as a prospect for the Chiefs is how easily he gets shut down if you are physical with him at the line. He has a hard time getting free from a jam.

When teams realize this they're going to do it all game.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:16 AM 09-12-2022
First play on offense and he blows this perfect opportunity. Pretty much incapsulates what we thought of him.

Oh no, Christian Watson... 🤦*♂️pic.twitter.com/jk4dWxUfVI

— Action Network (@ActionNetworkHQ) September 11, 2022

Lot of folks didn’t like this kid bc they thought he was an elite athlete and not a football player. Turns out they were right (so far).
[Reply]
Dante84 09:28 AM 09-12-2022
The drop was so bad. His hands were too far apart and they were flat. It wasn't even close. And after burning PP.

All the talent in the world but if you can't catch... yeesh.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:35 AM 09-12-2022
Skyy, OTOH, looked nasty on his reception.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 09-12-2022
Oof. How do you alligator arm a catch that's right in your breadbasket?

Yeah - nothing about this kid said he should've gone that high. "GENERATIONAL ATHLETE!!!!"

Just a laughable draft crush.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 09-12-2022
I couldn't get off the bandwagon fast enough when I saw his drop rate. That was clearly going to be an issue.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Up