ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 653 of 3903
« First < 153553603643649650651652653 65465565665766370375311531653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 09:42 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If they’re doubling every 2 days that will end up at 7500-ish today.

I also understand that they’re testing more and will capture more but the protocol for testing still limits it to sick patients unless I’m mistaken.
I thought they were changing the philosophy on testing only doing it if it would change the treatment.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:46 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Behind a paywall, can you summerize or quote?

No it is interactive.

If anyone wants to get beyond a paywall at least temporarily you can sign up using a fake\temp email.

https://temp-mail.org/en/
[Reply]
Donger 09:49 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I thought they were changing the philosophy on testing only doing it if it would change the treatment.
Yes:

Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment.

A news release from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health this week advised doctors not to test those experiencing only mild respiratory symptoms unless “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

The recommendation reflects a "shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality," according to the statement.

At the same time, NY is now testing at a higher rate per capita than ROK, apparently.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 AM 03-23-2020

Reported US coronavirus cases via @CNN:

3/1: 89
3/2: 105
3/3: 125
3/4: 159
3/5: 227
3/6: 331
3/7: 444
3/8: 564
3/9: 728
3/10: 1,000
3/11: 1,267
3/12: 1,645
3/13: 2,204
3/14: 2,826
3/15: 3,505
3/16: 4,466
3/17: 6,135
3/18: 8,760
3/19: 13,229
3/20: 18,763
3/21: 25,740
Now: 32,502

— Ryan Struyk (@ryanstruyk) March 23, 2020

Right now: 38,739
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:52 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
New York showing another 5,000 new cases today so far.
I'm constantly refreshing for an update today. None yet. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/co...positive-cases
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:52 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What I've seen from that group as I have kids that age....is this.

Some of them think it's all bullshit.
A lot of them just don't care and think this is ****ing up their lives.
A few are freaked out because they have anxiety problems.
hes just hanging out with the parents playing video games with his buddies. Helping the parents with some landscaping improvements and preparing stuff for his business when this over. Some of his friends went to the beach and bars before they closed down here. He also thinks it’s an overblown media thing but, just to be sure he’s not wrong.....erring on the side of caution.

Originally Posted by R Clark:
Whip that ass
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Yeah right. You gonna bend those 18 to 24 year olds across your knee. :-)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
never spanked him even once. Ever.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 09:53 AM 03-23-2020
Nobody wants the mandatory Nation wide lock down of course.
Our Wallets don't our sanity doesn't either that is for sure.
But is there any other current method that will work? Probably not.
China somehow pulled it off & are coming out of the other side of the tunnel.
Pulled it off with guns aimed at peoples heads in some cases but hey they pulled it off.

Using my house as an example I'll tell you how the past few weeks went.

Son(20) gets the virus in New Rochelle.
Son gets over virus comes home to my house to escape that insanity.
He tries to self quarantine with possibly a week left of being contagious but lets just say there were too many leaks.
Eventually we know its more our whole family(4 of us) in quarantine in our house.
At this point we limited ourselves to grocery store runs...no my son did not go.
But there is a leak right? If he had it and were starting we can pass it to people in line etc..
Then as I've said I have it.
Now I no longer go in public at all either.
At this point my wife makes a much bigger grocery run knowing it will no longer be ok for her to go either even if she doesn't have it she could be passing it around. Another leak.
At this point we are hunkered down in the house hoping we wont even need a store run til the virus runs its course with me.
And I've got to say I've been much much sicker before.
The Temptation to go out and about is strong.
And at this time not All retail was shutdown.
But we persisted thru another week.
Then My sons girlfriend walks in our front door & My wife and I are like you really shouldn't be here.
Shes a Smart girl but 20.. yeah I know it'll be ok I promise.
We mentioned your grandmothers at your house a lot no?
True she says she'll just keep her distance from me.
We tried to explain...kids sigh..we let her stay for a short time then gave her the boot.
Big leak there right?
So now I'm symptom free with a few days left before I'm safely non contagious.
With the county pretty much shut down at this point its not so tempting to go in public for all of us.
My wife and youngest have not gotten yet.

I put in those leaks to show how easily it is to screw up.

But if we all sit tight..you get sick in your own little hub...you get over it in your own little hub...you get past the contagious period in your own little hub.
If a member of your family gets seriously ill then you go to hospital or call for help.

I'm guessing a family of 4 like us can get it keep it & get over it in 6 weeks of diligent lock down. Minus the Leaks....sigh

And yes 6 weeks ago I was in the camp of screw that its never going to come to that.
Its been estimated now that 60% to 80% of NYS will get the virus.
That is incredible.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:53 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

It is very possible that there were more people who had COVID-19 earlier in the month, but because the testing was not as widespread and because they had minimal or no symptoms they didn't know they had it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:56 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Down to 1.1% mortality rate on known cases if that accurate. Hopefully it keeps on dropping.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:56 AM 03-23-2020
somebody said that if you need to get tested join the NBA or become a celebrity.
[Reply]
Donger 09:57 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm constantly refreshing for an update today. None yet. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/co...positive-cases
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm wary of this site after yesterday, but we did have 9,000 new cases yesterday nationally.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:59 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm wary of this site after yesterday, but we did have 9,000 new cases yesterday nationally.
Washington State seems to have leveled off.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:00 AM 03-23-2020
I wish the weather wasn't cold and rainy so I could go outside. I have yard work I could do.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:03 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
somebody said that if you need to get tested join the NBA or become a celebrity.
Easier than that.. cough in the face of a professional athlete or celebrity and then wait for the test results.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:03 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
Nobody wants the mandatory Nation wide lock down of course.
Our Wallets don't our sanity doesn't either that is for sure.
But is there any other current method that will work? Probably not.
China somehow pulled it off & are coming out of the other side of the tunnel.
Pulled it off with guns aimed at peoples heads in some cases but hey they pulled it off.

Using my house as an example I'll tell you how the past few weeks went.

Son(20) gets the virus in New Rochelle.
Son gets over virus comes home to my house to escape that insanity.
He tries to self quarantine with possibly a week left of being contagious but lets just say there were too many leaks.
Eventually we know its more our whole family(4 of us) in quarantine in our house.
At this point we limited ourselves to grocery store runs...no my son did not go.
But there is a leak right? If he had it and were starting we can pass it to people in line etc..
Then as I've said I have it.
Now I no longer go in public at all either.
At this point my wife makes a much bigger grocery run knowing it will no longer be ok for her to go either even if she doesn't have it she could be passing it around. Another leak.
At this point we are hunkered down in the house hoping we wont even need a store run til the virus runs its course with me.
And I've got to say I've been much much sicker before.
The Temptation to go out and about is strong.
And at this time not All retail was shutdown.
But we persisted thru another week.
Then My sons girlfriend walks in our front door & My wife and I are like you really shouldn't be here.
Shes a Smart girl but 20.. yeah I know it'll be ok I promise.
We mentioned your grandmothers at your house a lot no?
True she says she'll just keep her distance from me.
We tried to explain...kids sigh..we let her stay for a short time then gave her the boot.
Big leak there right?
So now I'm symptom free with a few days left before I'm safely non contagious.
With the county pretty much shut down at this point its not so tempting to go in public for all of us.
My wife and youngest have not gotten yet.

I put in those leaks to show how easily it is to screw up.

But if we all sit tight..you get sick in your own little hub...you get over it in your own little hub...you get past the contagious period in your own little hub.
If a member of your family gets seriously ill then you go to hospital or call for help.

I'm guessing a family of 4 like us can get it keep it & get over it in 6 weeks of diligent lock down. Minus the Leaks....sigh

And yes 6 weeks ago I was in the camp of screw that its never going to come to that.
Its been estimated now that 60% to 80% of NYS will get the virus.
That is incredible.

Thanks for sharing this Iron Chief glad you did make it through it and lived to tell the tail. How was your respiratory did you have any issues ? That's my biggest concern of it.
[Reply]
Page 653 of 3903
« First < 153553603643649650651652653 65465565665766370375311531653 > Last »
Up