Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Fishpicker 12:49 AM 03-04-2021
Ran - Shakespeare meets warring-states period Japan
Yojimbo - A Fistful of Dollars meets 1860s Japan
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:29 AM 03-04-2021
The only logical reason for moving Bosch from Amazon Prime to IMDB.TV with commercials is to drive new fans to Prime in order to create an additional revenue stream.

I love the series but I'm not a fan of this move because I pay extra for Ad-Free Hulu and subscribe to Amazon Prime to avoid commercials.

The last thing I want to do is spend an extra 22 minutes per hour wasting my time watching commercials.

Blech.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:48 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The only logical reason for moving Bosch from Amazon Prime to IMDB.TV with commercials is to drive new fans to Prime in order to create an additional revenue stream.

I love the series but I'm not a fan of this move because I pay extra for Ad-Free Hulu and subscribe to Amazon Prime to avoid commercials.

The last thing I want to do is spend an extra 22 minutes per hour wasting my time watching commercials.

Blech.
yeah, fuck that shit. I understand its content. It costs money to create content. I'll fork over the extra money to avoid 22 minutes of my hour taken up by capitalistic propaganda to watch the content I want to watch.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:21 AM 05-18-2021
https://variety.com/2021/digital/new...on-1234975168/

Amazon making a play for MGM now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 AM 05-26-2021
Disney got Marvel/Star Wars for $4 billion. What would it be worth today?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:31 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Disney got Marvel/Star Wars for $4 billion. What would it be worth today?
Lucas didn't care about the money and gave most of it to charity, which is why it sold for so little. He still receives residuals for creating, writing, producing and directing the Star Wars films, something most people don't even realize.

That said, I'd imagine it would go for at least $15 billion but I don't think it would break the bank because outside of The Clone Wars animated series that appeared on Cartoon Network, Star Wars was thought to be mostly dead, especially had there been no feature film content from 2006-2021.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:07 PM 05-26-2021
Dane what do you think of Amazon buying it? I know you were pretty critical of them hacking up the bond property.

At least I think it was you.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05-26-2021, 02:46 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
htismaqe 02:52 PM 05-26-2021
Gotta agree that Amazon is short on content. Way short.

And quite frankly the other Prime benefits haven't been worth it much lately either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Gotta agree that Amazon is short on content. Way short.

And quite frankly the other Prime benefits haven't been worth it much lately either.
I always forget that it even exists because when I think of Amazon Prime, I think of their free shipping.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:23 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I always forget that it even exists because when I think of Amazon Prime, I think of their free shipping.

:-)
Lately, their free shipping is 4-7 days. Getting old.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:37 PM 05-26-2021
I get most of my stuff in 1-2 day’s. Maybe you should move near a city?:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I get most of my stuff in 1-2 day’s. Maybe you should move near a city?:-)
We used to get things in 2 days, every time. No exceptions.

Now they have the COVID excuse and everything takes a week.

And it's not a SHIPPING problem because stuff sits in the warehouse for 3 or 4 days before they ever put it on a truck. It still only takes 2 days to actually get here, it just takes them forever to actually process an order.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:53 PM 05-26-2021
I’ve been experiencing that for a while now. I mean, it’s free so it’s hard to bitch about except that it is advertised as 2 day shipping (unless they stopped saying that and I missed it). Do not advertise something, not deliver on your promise AND raise the membership rates. That’s just horse shit. I’ll keep on with it though, at least for the time being, because unlike some of the others, I use Prime Video quite a bit. So I figure that’s what I’m paying for, with the occasional however many days free shipping.

Honestly, with what my online ordering mainly consist of these days (artisanal/small business goods) Amazon is rather hit and miss with what I want. So for me it’s more the principal of the matter.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:10 PM 05-26-2021
My shit ships out of a DC within 2 days. Then proceeds to take a week to get delivered.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up