Page 21 of 44
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:57 PM 09-03-2022
As I asked in another thread:

Y'all do understand that these companies will keep pumping out shitty products as long as you keep watching them, right?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:57 AM 09-04-2022
First episode was a total yawn. Had trouble staying awake through it. I'll try episode 2, if it is the same, that'll be it for me.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:03 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I watched about 20 minutes so far...The female lead warrior turning into some anime martial arts action sequence to slay a beast was...."special". Holy shit was that ridiculous...talk about immediately killing any suspension of disbelief.

Who came up with that idea...Homer Simpson?

And as you said...the mixed ethnicity of a rural tribe makes it feel like a made for TV series. I feel like I'm watching actors in costumes...performing a skit. The dialogue is already syrupy...

If it weren't based on Tolkien ...it would just be another fantasy show with a deliberate social engineering agenda mixed in. It's going to judged to a higher standard...especially considering the budget.

It wont be a classic extension or remembered...a one watch then forget series. Looks nice...it'll be something I'll watch when I get around to it. It wont be like knowing it's Sunday and waiting for the original GOT to air...
All true. I made it about 30 minutes into the second episode. The scenes with the Harfoots are just killing the show. The rest of it is just barely good enough to put up with, but I can't sit through that crap. Weak acting, poor dialogue, mediocre plot.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:16 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
First episode was a total yawn. Had trouble staying awake through it. I'll try episode 2, if it is the same, that'll be it for me.
I actually fell asleep in the middle of E2 and watched the remainder the following morning. So yeah, it's the same. Some serious issues with this show right now.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:27 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I actually fell asleep in the middle of E2 and watched the remainder the following morning. So yeah, it's the same. Some serious issues with this show right now.
Ugh. Not sure when I'll get back to it.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:29 AM 09-04-2022
I can't say when or if I'll ever get around to watching this based on all the reviews and opinions out there, but I will say this show has inspired me to re-watch the Lord of the Rings extended versions. About to start up Return of the King, and I've legit enjoyed revisiting these movies.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:37 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't say when or if I'll ever get around to watching this based on all the reviews and opinions out there, but I will say this show has inspired me to re-watch the Lord of the Rings extended versions. About to start up Return of the King, and I've legit enjoyed revisiting these movies.
They all remain excellent.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 AM 09-04-2022
I thought it was good. What a surprise the fucking whine bags looking for a reason to scream about wokeness don't like it. Fucking kill your miserable selves. Seriously the world would be much better off without most of you bitches.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:06 AM 09-04-2022
Reviews coming out are good, besides the 1 stars from the bitches. Considering that you are one of those bitches, then I don't find it surprising you won't watch it based on the bitches whining about black people and women heroes.

Fucking losers.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:19 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They all remain excellent.
I binged all three on my birthday last year. Totally worth the time.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I thought it was good. What a surprise the fucking whine bags looking for a reason to scream about wokeness don't like it. Fucking kill your miserable selves. Seriously the world would be much better off without most of you bitches.
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Reviews coming out are good, besides the 1 stars from the bitches. Considering that you are one of those bitches, then I don't find it surprising you won't watch it based on the bitches whining about black people and women heroes.

Fucking losers.
I actually haven't seen a single poster say that the show isn't good because of wokeness.

Everybody that's saying they didn't enjoy the first 2 episodes has other reasons that have nothing to do with that.

You're just projecting by being a whiny bitch yourself.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 09-04-2022
As for the show, first 2 episodes were very meh, and as I somewhat predicted, my concerns with the show were not with wokeness infecting the plot, but the fact that these people were more worried about telling us how diverse this series would be than actually making a great show.

All the red flags were there.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:30 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I actually haven't seen a single poster say that the show isn't good because of wokeness.

Everybody that's saying they didn't enjoy the first 2 episodes has other reasons that have nothing to do with that.

You're just projecting by being a whiny bitch yourself.
takedp*9 does a lot of projecting.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:49 PM 09-04-2022
Watched the first two episodes last night with a friend who is a huge JRRT fan.

We both thought they were pretty good.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:50 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
As for the show, first 2 episodes were very meh, and as I somewhat predicted, my concerns with the show were not with wokeness infecting the plot, but the fact that these people were more worried about telling us how diverse this series would be than actually making a great show.

All the red flags were there.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 44
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up