ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 39
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
staylor26 09:54 PM 09-05-2022
You didn't hear many people complaining about The Batman having a black Catwoman and Jim Gordon.

You know why?

Those castings were fantastic and absolutely perfect.

You know what the Director and Producer didn't do? Tell everybody that they casted those two because of "diversity". They casted them because they were the best for the role. It had absolutely nothing to do with race. They didn't make it about that, so it never was about that.

Stop shoving propaganda and modern politics down our throat and just give us great content, especially with these beloved franchises. If it's good, you can cast whoever the fuck you want with likely very little bitching. There might be a few complainers, there always will be, but you certainly won't have to hide behind "review bombing".
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:23 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You didn't hear many people complaining about The Batman having a black Catwoman and Jim Gordon.

You know why?

Those castings were fantastic and absolutely perfect.

You know what the Director and Producer didn't do? Tell everybody that they casted those two because of "diversity". They casted them because they were the best for the role. It had absolutely nothing to do with race. They didn't make it about that, so it never was about that.

Stop shoving propaganda and modern politics down our throat and just give us great content, especially with these beloved franchises. If it's good, you can cast whoever the **** you want with likely very little bitching. There might be a few complainers, there always will be, but you certainly won't have to hide behind "review bombing".
It's almost as though the viewing public sees through the DEI bullshit hollywood uses to mask terrible writing. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:42 AM 09-06-2022
“Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin what good forces have invented or made” ― JRR Tolkien
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:39 AM 09-06-2022
i thought the 2nd episode was better, i hope it gets rolling though because it has been pretty boring so far. The black elf and the woman are the best characters so far.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:01 PM 09-06-2022
Im halfway through episode one and so far there's way too many wypipo. I was promised a BIPOC LOTR goddamnit.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:07 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Im halfway through episode one and so far there's way too many wypipo. I was promised a BIPOC LOTR goddamnit.
*Shaun King likes your post*
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:12 PM 09-06-2022
Oh snap. I spy a black elf.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:56 PM 09-06-2022
Oh snap. I spy a black elf.
You mean the only remotely interesting chactarer so far?
[Reply]
listopencil 09:56 PM 09-06-2022
Forgot to mention; I like the idea of PTSD Gladriel. It makes her more of a compelling character. They aren't exactly nailing it but it's interesting.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 PM 09-06-2022
I was so bored watching this, that I honestly didn't even catch the racial aspect of the scene with the white dude and the black elf until it was pointed out on a YT video I just watched.

Please don't try to tell me that wasn't a perfect example of the writers/showrunners not being capable of keeping their politics out of the storyline of a fucking fantasy show.

It's not enough to cast a black elf, they have to introduce him in the most on the nose fashion imaginable.

Originally Posted by :
When are you people gonna let the past go?

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:13 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by :
UPDATE: OWWwwww! Samba.TV has released its metrics on Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and they are b-a-a-d. Amazon was claiming a huge number for it’s first day. Samba.TV uses the first three days. On its first three days, the Rings of Power only got 1.8 million US views.

25 Million Views… Oh, R-E-A-L-L-Y
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:17 PM 09-07-2022
Meh. I havent finished Episode 2 yet (mostly finished with it though) and so far idk what all the hoopla is over.

Thus far i've enjoyed the world they created. None of the characters bother me. I haven't been bored with it. Looks like Lord of the Rings to me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:43 PM 09-07-2022
So I finally got through the first 2 episodes.

It’s pretty meh.

There are some absolutely fantastic visuals. I mean brilliant. In a world where I hear the VC houses are overworked and that’s why some of the production looks like shit these days, this absolutely does not.

Fact is, I’m having trouble buying in. I know the endgame and it’s hard to put stakes in when I know what happens. I’m having a similar problem with House if the Dragon, but to a much lesser degree. The characters seem more compelling in HOD. Fact is I dug Elrond in the dwarf palace and that’s really it. I’m not buying any of the tension they’re trying to seed. It’s just visuals. We’ll see. It’s not horrible to the point I’m out but it’s tough to be in just yet.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the race of who’s who. Didn’t read the books. Don’t care.

HOWEVER

Since it’s a thing, and I’m an asshole all I could think was

Spoiler!

:-)

Yep. Off to hell I go.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:23 PM 09-07-2022
Watched E2 and am warming up to A-Rod as the black elf
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:47 PM 09-07-2022
Meh. I havent finished Episode 2 yet (mostly finished with it though) and so far idk what all the hoopla is over.

Thus far i've enjoyed the world they created. None of the characters bother me. I haven't been bored with it. Looks like Lord of the Rings to me.
Historical accuracy man!!!
[Reply]
Page 20 of 39
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up