ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 240
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:05 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
He's killing our FQB, that bothers me. But hey, you be you...
Does anyone ever truly deserve a "Reidian Run"? The last I checked, no one in the fan base had murdered anyone or robbed any little old ladies that we would deserve such a fate...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:15 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Does anyone ever truly deserve a "Reidian Run"? The last I checked, no one in the fan base had murdered anyone or robbed any little old ladies that we would deserve such a fate...
I have no idea, but I think Clark is going to let Andy work another Carl'esque 5-year plan of all offense, but nothing else.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:37 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I have no idea, but I think Clark is going to let Andy work another Carl'esque 5-year plan of all offense, but nothing else.
There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the Clarks will let Reid run this franchise until his arteries explode from butter buildup as long as he wins those 9 or more games per year, and can guarantee a whole new generation of asses in the seats with which to introduce the time honored KC tradition of shitting your pants in the playoffs to.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:52 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
What are you talking about? Did Andy take out a mafia hit on Pat while I wasn't looking? just how is Andy trying to kill Mahomes? How does that even make sense?
Have you seen that offensive line? Cam Erving?

It's...well...offensive.

And it's how Patrick has been hurt since week 1. He's been getting killed behind a line that just kind of...stands there.

I don't know how anyone who has watched the games doesn't understand that...you DO watch the games, right?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:53 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Now Mahomes will want to advocate for Reid's firing. :-)

I've heard it all.
Not nearly as dumb as the idea of Mahomes advocating to keep him around after he's proven for the 8th or 9th straight season as the Chiefs head coach that he couldn't sniff a Lombardi if you slathered it in BBQ sauce and held it under his nose.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:55 PM 10-28-2019
There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the Clarks will let Reid run this franchise until his arteries explode from butter buildup as long as he wins those 9 or more games per year, and can guarantee a whole new generation of asses in the seats with which to introduce the time honored KC tradition of shitting your pants in the playoffs to.

[Reply]
gold_and_red 10:59 PM 10-28-2019
The only wrinkle is Mahomes. Reid no longer has the “don’t have a QB” excuse. McCarthy lasted 8 years after a SB win. Reid with his current playoff record will feel the pressure from fans and media much sooner than that, likely in 2021 if he still can’t get to the SB. Once Mahomes gets paid they have to build a competent defense on a budget, Reid won’t survive that mess given his propensity to focus only on offensive wizardry.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:02 PM 10-28-2019
You would think after a decade-plus of Marty Schottenheimer that fans who lived through that era could see the similarities and draw the logical conclusion.

But nope.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:05 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
The only wrinkle is Mahomes. Reid no longer has the “don’t have a QB” excuse. McCarthy lasted 8 years after a SB win. Reid with his current playoff record will feel the pressure from fans and media much sooner than that, likely in 2021 if he still can’t get to the SB. Once Mahomes gets paid they have to build a competent defense on a budget, Reid won’t survive that mess given his propensity to focus only on offensive wizardry.
Oh shit; now we have to look at the reality of Lil' Veachy doing his job on a budget???

Fuck.

Me.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:17 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:

Kyle Shanahan has always been a good coach and he has excellent weapons and a great supporting coaching staff.
You know what I really like about Kyle Shanahan that I've noticed while watching the two or three 49ers games I've watched this year?

I love how the passing attack and running attack are intertwined, the way he uses the pass to set up the run and vice versa. He'll do a specific pre-snap motion out of a formation, and run out of it with 21 personnel and send Kittle across the formation, and the defense will shift toward Kittle to rotate coverage...and the play will run off weak to the open side for a big gain.

Then, he'll do the exact same thing from the same personnel, same exact formation, and the defense will recognize it and stay at "home", anticipating another weakside run...and SF will play action pass with a weakside fake but pass to the strong side for a big gain to Kittle.

It's like...the run game isn't an afterthought or a separate part of the offense, and it's not just there to "keep the defense honest", but it's an integrated part of a complete and balanced game plan.

Reid should, I don't know, take a gander at what Kyle Shanahan does as far as integrating the run, because it's truly genius and actually takes advantage of weaknesses and tendencies in the defense.

Crazy, I know...
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:22 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Have you seen that offensive line? Cam Erving?

It's...well...offensive.

And it's how Patrick has been hurt since week 1. He's been getting killed behind a line that just kind of...stands there.

I don't know how anyone who has watched the games doesn't understand that...you DO watch the games, right?
Pat got hurt by accident. Andy at no time tried to put Pat in a situation to get him hurt/killed. Nor did he hire a hitman to kill Mahomes, to my knowledge. Pat just got unlucky.

As for our OL, contrary to whatever you believe, before Fisher got hurt, it was considered one of the best OLs in the NFL. In the top 10 or 15, IIRC.

After Fisher got hurt, and couldn't go after a few plays in the Raiders game, Erving was inserted at his spot, BECAUSE, OF THE LINEMEN WE HAD IN THE ROTATION, HE HAD THE MOST EXPERIENCE AT THE POSITION.

Since that moment, the OL hasn't been as good at protecting Pat, that's a fact. But how could anyone account for Wylie and then Hunter getting hurt in the same game?

Unfortunately, Pat's dinged up his ankle twice since the original injury, once by being stepped on, which is no one's fault at all. Not Pat's, not the OL that stepped on him, and not Andy Reid. Unless he has psy-kinetic powers that allowed him to mentally push that lineman's foot onto Pat's ankle.

Are you suggesting that Andy Reid has supernatural psychic abilities? Or perhaps he has the ability to see into the future? You have evidence that Andy has a crystal ball in his office perhaps?

The reality of the situation is that Pat has gotten pretty unlucky. The initial sprain was unlucky. And then the subsequent tweaks to that ankle were also unlucky.

The kneecap was just unprecedented. No one gets hurt running a sneak. Well, okay, Louis Riddick looked it up a week ago and said on air that he found ONE instance of a QB getting hurt running a sneak. Out of literally tens of thousands of attempts. And that injury wasn't a dislocated kneecap. So basically the sneak gives you a 90% chance of success and a 99.99% chance of not being injured after.

What would you call?

Yeah I know; you somehow know better because you're "a fan," so you'd have called something else. Whatever.

The only thing I'll agree with is that Cam Erving isn't a great replacement for Fisher. He's made more than a few questionable decisions at the position. He is better than he was in Week 2, but he's just not really a T. I'd have looked really hard at LT Trent Williams (WASH?), and who knows maybe they did.

But of the available offensive lineman on the roster, fortunately or unfortunately the coaching staff feels that Erving is the best of the back-up bunch. I'm going to guess that since between them they probably have about a century of experience, they probably know better than 99.99999% of fans.

And yeah, I've watched this team. I've watched the Jags game 3x. Raiders 3x. Ravens 4x. Lions 2x. Colts 2x. Texans 2x.

In slow motion no less.

How many times have you watched each Chiefs game?
[Reply]
Monkey God 11:24 PM 10-28-2019
You would think after a decade-plus of Marty Schottenheimer that fans who lived through that era could see the similarities and draw the logical conclusion.

But nope.
Bingo...been saying that for a while.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:25 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pat got hurt by accident. Andy at no time tried to put Pat in a situation to get him hurt/killed. Nor did he hire a hitman to kill Mahomes, to my knowledge. Pat just got unlucky.

As for our OL, contrary to whatever you believe, before Fisher got hurt, it was considered one of the best OLs in the NFL. In the top 10 or 15, IIRC.

After Fisher got hurt, and couldn't go after a few plays in the Raiders game, Erving was inserted at his spot, BECAUSE, OF THE LINEMEN WE HAD IN THE ROTATION, HE HAD THE MOST EXPERIENCE AT THE POSITION.

Since that moment, the OL hasn't been as good at protecting Pat, that's a fact. But how could anyone account for Wylie and then Hunter getting hurt in the same game?

Unfortunately, Pat's dinged up his ankle twice since the original injury, once by being stepped on, which is no one's fault at all. Not Pat's, not the OL that stepped on him, and not Andy Reid. Unless he has psy-kinetic powers that allowed him to mentally push that lineman's foot onto Pat's ankle.

Are you suggesting that Andy Reid has supernatural psychic abilities? Or perhaps he has the ability to see into the future? You have evidence that Andy has a crystal ball in his office perhaps?

The reality of the situation is that Pat has gotten pretty unlucky. The initial sprain was unlucky. And then the subsequent tweaks to that ankle were also unlucky.

The kneecap was just unprecedented. No one gets hurt running a sneak. Well, okay, Louis Riddick looked it up a few weeks ago and said on air that he found ONE instance of a QB getting hurt running a sneak. Out of literally tens of thousands of attempts. And that injury wasn't a dislocated kneecap. So basically the sneak gives you a 90% chance of success and a 99.99% chance of not being injured after.

What would you call?

Yeah I know; you somehow know better because you're "a fan," so you'd have called something else. Whatever.

The only thing I'll agree with is that Cam Erving isn't a great replacement for Fisher. He's made more than a few questionable decisions at the position. He is better than he was in Week 2, but he's just not really a T. I'd have looked really hard at LT Trent Williams (WASH?), and who knows maybe they did. But of the available offensive lineman on the roster, fortunately or unfortunately the coaching staff feels that Erving is the best of the back-up bunch. I'm going to guess that since between them they probably have about a century of experience, they probably know better than 99.99999% of fans.

And yeah, I've watched this team. I've watched the Jags game 3x. Raiders 3x. Ravens 4x. Lions 2x. Colts 2x. Texans 2x.

In slow motion no less.

How many times have you watched each Chiefs game?
No way I'm reading all of that...

So you see all those 5 and 7 step drops on deep passes that put Patrick in harm's way repeatedly, right?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:27 PM 10-28-2019

But nope.
Jesus, I'd love to have Marty in his prime as HC with Reid as OC.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 PM 10-28-2019
I don’t care about the “Andy punted!” narrative from the last game. Matt Moore was absolute ass in the 2nd half and the defense far outplayed him, so yes that’s logical.

Andy is going to go for those with Mahomes. He did it a lot last year and will continue to do so.

It basically signaled a lack of faith in Moore.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 240
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224 > Last »
Up