ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 24 of 37
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:41 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Haha KU fans making fun of a Mizzou fan for trying to use a recruiting message board to persuade a 4 star recruit is hilarious when you realize their recruiting process is likely just hanging help wanted signs at the local McDonalds.
If you can't quite see the hilarious nature of that post, not sure if serious.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:51 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
If you can't quite see the hilarious nature of that post, not sure if serious.
I definitely can. It just becomes even funnier if you’re able to step back and see who’s trying to make the joke. I don’t think any KU fan could even tell you a football recruit they’ve had in the last 10 years. It’s a huge reason so many KU fans are constantly checking this realignment thread every summer now on a daily basis even after winning a national championship in one of the secondary sports. Say what you want about Mizzou sports, but at least Pinkel put us into a position of relevance at the right time it looks like to not have to constantly deal with the threat of being in a conference with some mid majors to fill the schedule.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:07 AM 07-06-2022
Or maybe we're here to simply laugh at the continued superiority complex of a now bottom feeder in both the "only sport that matters" and the "secondary sport since April 2008", 13 years later, still cackling about how Kansas is the one who's screwed while they're the ones who have taken full advantage of not being the SEC's little bitch in at least one sport.

But yeah, we're probably just terrified of a terrible football program not being even worse in the B1G or SEC.... fuck how I wish I could watch KU go up against Alabama or Georgia or Ohio State every fall!

I day dream of a day when I can write love letters to 4 star offensive linemen for the world to see after talking about how easy it'll be to recruit in the SEC.

Fuckin' clowns. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:35 AM 07-06-2022
“I want you to know I had a dream about you the other night”
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:53 AM 07-06-2022
Sad that all this has happened... it was legitimately better in total for college football fans the way things were 10-15 years ago.

I wonder if the Power 2 are going to become basically like the American League and National League, national conferences that essentially contest the national championship between one another exclusively.

Seems like that makes sense, but there are only 3 or 4 more really desirable schools that seem to have a path to entry in one of the Power 2 conferences, Notre Lame and 4 teams in the ACC.

Hard to imagine College Football being more fun to watch 20 years from now than it is today, or than it was 20 years ago. But for the money.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:55 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I definitely can. It just becomes even funnier if you’re able to step back and see who’s trying to make the joke. I don’t think any KU fan could even tell you a football recruit they’ve had in the last 10 years. It’s a huge reason so many KU fans are constantly checking this realignment thread every summer now on a daily basis even after winning a national championship in one of the secondary sports. Say what you want about Mizzou sports, but at least Pinkel put us into a position of relevance at the right time it looks like to not have to constantly deal with the threat of being in a conference with some mid majors to fill the schedule.
Oh yes! The oven is getting warmed up! Bringing the "secondary sport" smack talk when your team is, and has been, irrelevant in every sport as far back as you can remember. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:07 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Oh yes! The oven is getting warmed up! Bringing the "secondary sport" smack talk when your team is, and has been, irrelevant in every sport as far back as you can remember. :-)
Conference pride, you wouldn't understand!

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:10 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by :
“thankful to be put in a position of relevance”
It’s every program’s dream to be put in a position of relevance. (Which apparently means watching the top 3 teams in the league battle it out for a title.

That needs to be part of a crowd cheer. North side of stadium:

““M-I-Z!!!!!
South side of stadium

“POSITION OF RELEVANCE”

:-)

Fucking weirdos…
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:11 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
It’s every program’s dream to be put in a position of relevance. (Which apparently means watching the top 3 teams in the league battle it out for a title.

That needs to be part of a crowd cheer. North side of stadium:

““M-I-Z!!!!!
South side of stadium

“POSITION OF RELEVANCE”

Fucking weirdos…
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:14 AM 07-06-2022
Tigerboard suspects the fanboy letter was a setup by you-know-who

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/vie...ssage=18201078
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:15 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Sad that all this has happened... it was legitimately better in total for college football fans the way things were 10-15 years ago.

I wonder if the Power 2 are going to become basically like the American League and National League, national conferences that essentially contest the national championship between one another exclusively.

Seems like that makes sense, but there are only 3 or 4 more really desirable schools that seem to have a path to entry in one of the Power 2 conferences, Notre Lame and 4 teams in the ACC.

Hard to imagine College Football being more fun to watch 20 years from now than it is today, or than it was 20 years ago. But for the money.
The dumbest shit IMO is the resistance to expand the playoffs for years on end, which would create so much more interest and money, just to chase TV contracts in such a way that will most likely reverse itself over time.

Teams will join these huge conferences for the money, then once that dries up and 90% of the teams are completely irrelevant, they'll leave and potentially create their own conferences to get out from under the thumb of the very few teams that even have a chance.

And maybe more is on the horizon with conference playoffs and so forth and in the end make it about the sports, but at this point that's the last thing on anyone's mind... and there are countless examples of what happens when it's solely about the money, but we never learn.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:20 AM 07-06-2022
If Oregon and Washington bolt the Pac for the Big10 I still say the Big12 should merge with remains of the PAC. It puts you at 20 with easily divisible pods and it lets you easily go to 24 should the ACC collapse with just some shifting of the teams in the pods and going to 9 conference games. Sure you won't have first pickings but there should be some good names to pick up.

Teams that will probably not be picked up by the Big10 and SEC:

BC
Syracuse
Pitt
VT\UVA (one of)
NC State\Duke (one of)
Wake Forest
Louisville

I think the top of the ACC will be picked clean: Miami, Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, North Carolina, and GT.
[Reply]
Spott 11:22 AM 07-06-2022
That is a creepy letter. Do you think he left off the part of the dream where they were both naked?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:25 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Tigerboard suspects the fanboy letter was a setup by you-know-who

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/vie...ssage=18201078
Wow, they still use that early internet message board format. I mean, they're writing love letters to offensive linemen, so it's not like being stuck in the 90s is a surprise.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:26 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wow, they still use that early internet message board format. I mean, they're writing love letters to offensive linemen, so it's not like being stuck in the 90s is a surprise.
That actually looks like an update from the last time I saw Tigerboard.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 37
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up