ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 43
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm pretty sure I'd rather waste 1st down carries on MEH than have him in there on 3rd downs to gack protection.

I mean if my choices are MEH on 1st and 2nd w/ McKinnon on 3rd or vice versa, I'm going with the former.
i'll disagree then - i think he's been pretty good in protection, and he's an asset in the passing game

i don't want him taking more than 3 carries a game
[Reply]
jd1020 09:03 AM 09-27-2022
Up the middle - agreed. Like I said, I don't think that's fair.

But off Creed's right shoulder into the seam that he and Smith are setting up there? I think that's a really doable cut. That sure looks like the play design.
Still not fair from that picture because in the actual clip there's a Colts player right there in that seam waiting for him that starts getting blocked into that hole. Then he tries to hit the hole everyone is complaining about and exactly what would have happened in the still picture happened.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 09-27-2022
Yeah, that picture isn't fair. Look at Smith - he's supposed to be sealing that backer inside.

That said, he's GOTTA get off Creeds right shoulder and hit that seam. It's blocked up but he's just so damn indecisive.
Hit it off Creed and the TE is blocking there, it's a nice gain. They blocked it up fine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Still not fair from that picture because in the actual clip there's a Colts player right there in that seam waiting for him that starts getting blocked into that hole. Then he tries to hit the hole everyone is complaining about and exactly what would have happened in the still picture happened.
I'm not saying he should take it 30 yards.

That's a DB settling into the hole there and you're a RB taking a hand-off with some speed. This is a grown man's position - hit that hole and drive that DB backwards.

That should be a 3-4 yard gain rather than a loss.

So do you remember those guys in high school who looked like they were playing against middle schoolers? They'd just run around anybody and put up 300 yard games like clockwork. CEH is acting like he can be that guy.

I sucked but I vividly remember a play on a screen pass where I got the ball on the outside and had a CB to beat. And for once I had a size advantage. So of course I try to juke him and he takes my legs out. My coach gets on me and tells me "hey - you've got 20 lbs on that kid and you're coming downhill - HIT him. Drive through him and get your 8 yards. You let him drop you for 2..."

That's what this reminds me of. Stop acting like every play is a potential house-call. The move there is to see the guy you're bigger than in the hole and use your momentum to finish the play and get yourself positive yardage.
[Reply]
-King- 09:13 AM 09-27-2022
What it should have looked like. Once he saw the hole he should have exploded through.

[Reply]
jd1020 09:16 AM 09-27-2022
That should be a 3-4 yard gain rather than a loss.
I think even 3-4 yards is being generous. If he hits that seam you are talking about and gets tackled by the DB waiting right there for him its probably 1, maybe 2 yards. The LoS appeared to be the 28, which was 3 yards beyond where that seam is being blocked up and exactly where that DB was standing. Same if he hit the hole in the still picture because that LB is just waiting for him to make that cut and then explode on him like he ultimately did as he shed Trey Smith like he was a bag.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 09-27-2022
Still not sure why Ronald Jones isn't getting early downs and goalline work.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I think even 3-4 yards is being generous. If he hits that seam you are talking about and gets tackled by the DB waiting right there for him its probably 1, maybe 2 yards. The LoS appeared to be the 28, which was 3 yards beyond where that seam is being blocked up and exactly where that DB was standing. Same if he hit the hole in the still picture because that LB is just waiting for him to make that cut and then explode on him like he ultimately did as he shed Trey Smith like he was a bag.
I'm not the only one starting to get a little worried about Smith, am I?

He's not looking at all like the player he was last year. Creed and Thuney look as good as ever (maybe better) but Smith is looking pretty average right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 09-27-2022

He's not looking at all like the player he was last year. Creed and Thuney look as good as ever (maybe better) but Smith is looking pretty average right now.
He got dinged in the Arizona game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Still not sure why Ronald Jones isn't getting early downs and goalline work.
Because he's been a gameday inactive.

But when your 'starting runningback' gets zero yards rushing on the day, something has to change.

I'd get Jones ramped up sooner rather than later. I don't think you can have 4 gameday RBs and I don't want to deactivate McKinnon. So it comes down to Pacheco or MEH. They ain't sitting MEH.

Jones is the best pure ballcarrier we have. It's time to stop pretending that's not the case because he didn't pick up the offense as quickly as you'd like in camp.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:31 AM 09-27-2022

has to be the injury
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He got dinged in the Arizona game.
Forgot about that - good point.

I'm just not seeing that power he had last year. Wasn't his injury an ankle issue? That could explain the lack of drive.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 09-27-2022
Ankle injury for Smith. I'd guess he's gutting it out.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 09-27-2022

Clyde is doing what’s asked of him on his footwork. The problem is the double team between RG/C isn’t good. Can’t give up 3 yards of penetration and expect the RB to execute his footwork and make that cut. And needing to cut it back that much makes Trey lose on the LB too. https://t.co/HquJOWIWx2

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) September 27, 2022

This is why maybe we shouldn't act like we have a clue what's happening sometimes.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 09-27-2022

Texas A&M RB Devon Achane has special burst!

His ability to collect his feet, redirect his path and accelerate out of his cuts is just different. pic.twitter.com/N40WEyupDN

— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) September 27, 2022

And on a second note, if this dude comes out this year, draft him.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 43
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up