ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 95
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:07 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I hear you. I'm so freaking tense during these Avs games I'm not even sure they're enjoyable. At least until they're over anyway - or we have a big lead. Literally find myself holding my breath for stretches. Almost poured a cocktail(s) last night, but it was Monday so I didn't.
After 30+ years of sports bullshit (besides the late 90s/early 00s Avalanche and '08 KU), there have been so many times in recent years that teams I follow have done the impossible...
'14 Royals and their entire run to the WS
'15 Royals and the epic Astros comeback in particular
'18 Chiefs coming back to take the Pats to OT in the AFCCG
'19 Chiefs and 24-0, and of course being down in the SB late in the 4th and then throwing a pick (a true sinking feeling).
'20 Chiefs continuing the tradition of comeback victories
'21 Chiefs and :13 (another true sinking feeling)
'21 Kansas being down 15 at halftime of the NC game

...I think all of that and more has conditioned me to relax during games.... because if Mahomes can win a playoff game that's :13 from being over and MacKinnon can skate through 4 defenders 1 on 4 coast to coast and score, there's almost no such thing as a dire situation.

Game 6 against the Blues was about as close as I've gotten and I was far more annoyed than nervous as it seemed to be going down the path of previous playoff series losses... and they still did the improbable and scored with 5 seconds left to avoid an annoying OT and an even more annoying game 7.

All that said... I did pour just a bit of Colorado bourbon for OT last night. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:15 PM 06-07-2022
Speaking of all that, these guys have actually made hockey wine bottles in recent years, so that would be a cool addition to the Royals, Chiefs, and KU bottles if the Avalanche win it all :-)

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:31 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I hear you. I'm so freaking tense during these Avs games I'm not even sure they're enjoyable. At least until they're over anyway - or we have a big lead. Literally find myself holding my breath for stretches. Almost poured a cocktail(s) last night, but it was Monday so I didn't.
That's how I'll feel if the Red Wings ever make it back to the playoffs.

Are you old enough to remember Colorado's great teams from the late 1990's? If so, you've experienced nailbiters before, just a long time ago. It can be stressful to watch the games, especially in OT.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:54 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:

Are you old enough to remember Colorado's great teams from the late 1990's? If so, you've experienced nailbiters before, just a long time ago. It can be stressful to watch the games, especially in OT.
Yeah, the Avalanche went 7 games in every series in 2002.... 3 OT games in the WCF before quickly going downhill in game 7. They also had a few great series against the Kings, those were underrated compared to the Wings rivalry, of course.

So many more shutouts compared to recent years and a lot of 2-1 type of games. Back when a 3rd period lead of any kind really meant something.

Down 3-1 going into the 3rd.... pfftt, good luck next game.
[Reply]
Fish 12:46 PM 06-08-2022
Stolen from reddit, titled Mike Smith Highlights... :-)

[Reply]
DaFace 12:47 PM 06-08-2022

After checking around with a few folks, it sounds like the #Avs are optimistic that Kadri can make it back at some point during the Stanley Cup Final.

While nobody has said this to me exactly, the team is hoping for the latest possible start date in order to give Kadri more time

— Jesse Montano (@jessemontano_) June 8, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:28 PM 06-08-2022
Yeah, glad the ECF is guaranteed 6 games now... and there's a 2 day break if it goes 7..... every little bit helps!

The Avalanche have played well coming off breaks the past couple post seasons (TB hasn't exactly done the same and the NYR haven't had breaks), so I would be worried about a slow start.

Still seems like a stretch even if the ECF goes 7 and there's maybe an extra day of rest or two in the SCF.... we shall see, maybe a surprise return if it goes 6 or 7, which would be a great boost.
[Reply]
Otter 05:21 PM 06-08-2022
It's looking like the Avs are going to have plenty of time to rest while the Rangers and Lightning beat the shit out of each other.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:45 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:

Yes I remember those Avs teams, but I was a Coyotes fan back then because I was going to ASU and was here in AZ when they were formed. Went to lots of games when they played in downtown Phx. Didn’t move to Denver until 2002. Loved the Tkachuk, Roenick, Khabibulin, and Tocchet team. I actually couldn’t stand the Avs back then, thought they were the best team money could buy. But yeah they had some epic playoff battles.

Took almost a decade of living in Denver to become an Avs fan. Probably around the time of Duchene and O’Reilly, both of whom ended up bailing on us. Jumped fully onboard when they hired Roy as coach. Loved how he had no filter and didn’t care who he pissed off. People can say what they want about his ability to relate to players etc, but I really liked him. As you likely know, he was the coach who started the whole pulling your goalie with 2 or 3 minutes left thing, now every team does it. Before him, NHL teams rarely went empty net with more than a minute left.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:35 PM 06-09-2022
JFC, the Avalanche are selling game 1 lower level singles for $1850.... I read they were out-pricing season ticket holders. :-)
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:07 AM 06-10-2022

Fight at MSG #NYR #NoQuitInNY #Fights #TampaBay pic.twitter.com/xxL9oD1if1

— Scott Kaplan (@ScottKaplanOn) June 10, 2022

CONFIRMING

Perp James Anastasio, 29 of Staten Island, was ARRESTED and charged with 2 counts of assault, 2 counts of disorderly conduct, and 2 counts of harassment

The victim refused medical attention at the scene, so hopefully that means he is OK!!! https://t.co/QOyhfE2K8R

— Evan Axelbank Fox13 (@EvanAxelbank) June 10, 2022

[Reply]
DaFace 07:45 AM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Not sure fight is the correct word there.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:02 PM 06-10-2022

#Avs schedule scenarios for the Stanley Cup Final: pic.twitter.com/73eMBaQmKB

— Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) June 10, 2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:05 PM 06-10-2022
The 28th would be 3.5 weeks after Kadri's injury and I think right at 3 weeks for surgery +/- a day... soooo... maybe? :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:11 PM 06-10-2022
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Bit lucky he wasn't charged with manslaughter/murder. Back of his head smashed hard...
[Reply]
Page 63 of 95
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up