ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Devin White, not a fan of Chiefs' coaching
staylor26 10:44 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
When did I say anything about running the ball? I'm talking about how they turned a weakness into an even bigger weakness by moving Remmers and Wylie and by refusing to adjust their game plan to shorter routes and going into a more traditional west coast offense.
Were you completely against this before the game captain hindsight? Were you talking about how stupid it was then?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 02-17-2021
Do you disagree with him saying our game plan played right into their hands? If you have a weak line with backups playing out of position, do you think taking deep drops and running routes and plays that take a long time to develop is a wise plan?

I'll listen off air.
They tried screens and they didn't work. The Bucs were all over them.

The certain weren't going to run right at Suh and Vea. That would have been suicide.

I'm interested to know what kind of gameplay would have worked considering so many think they mailed it in.
[Reply]
-King- 11:01 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They tried screens and they didn't work. The Bucs were all over them.

The certain weren't going to run right at Suh and Vea. That would have been suicide.

I'm interested to know what kind of gameplay would have worked considering so many think they mailed it in.
There are a lot more short plays that aren't screens. The game plan against the Bills was what we should have done. That game the ball was coming out of Mahomes hands really quickly and a bunch of passes were in the air 5-10 yards where we let the WR/TE do the rest.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:07 AM 02-17-2021
By moving Remmers from a position he was playing well to LT.

By doing that both sides were major weaknesses. We could have kept Remmers at RT, Wylie at LG and then used someone else at LT and doubled that up. Instead we compounded the backup issue by moving everyone around.
This is a rare occasion when we see things similarly. This is exactly what I’ve been saying since the game (and during/before the game). Remmers was solid at RT and moving him was a huge mistake the coaches should have seen coming.

In 709 snaps at RT, Remmers didn’t give up a single sack and was only flagged 4 times all year.

I’d like to hear the justification behind moving him to LT instead of plugging in someone else there and giving chip help from backs and tight ends.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:23 AM 02-17-2021
Put Brady behind our offensive line that game; 9 sacks minimum.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:39 AM 02-17-2021
The Bucs organization, top to bottom, is like the Beverly Hillbillies striking oil.

They have no idea how to handle success without coming across as hillbilly-rich.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:46 AM 02-17-2021
"They got cocky"

What do you think you're doing now, Devin?
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:48 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"They got cocky"

What do you think you're doing now, Devin?
I saw the opposite...I didn't think they appeared cocky at all...more like a team that hadn't been there the year before.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:54 AM 02-17-2021
Well, he's not wrong. It was pretty silly to leave Remmers and Wylie out on an island to die.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:11 AM 02-17-2021
This situation smells a lot like Andy being out of his mind due to the situation with Britt and handing off responsibilities to his coaches which shit the bed.

But I may be wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This situation smells a lot like Andy being out of his mind due to the situation with Britt and handing off responsibilities to his coaches which shit the bed.

But I may be wrong.
That may explain why Bienemy can't get a HC job. Maybe he needs his hand held too much.
[Reply]
Tribesman 11:33 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That may explain why Bienemy can't get a HC job. Maybe he needs his hand held too much.
This.

So then EB could've made adjustments, but didn't.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:31 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Tribesman:
This.

So then EB could've made adjustments, but didn't.
Should've moved Remmers back to RT, Wylie to G, and like Rankin at LT with Sausage in the backfield to help pass and run block + catch and run the ball.

I mean, we have one of the most versatile and athletic FBs in the league, and we NEVER use him.

The Super Bowl would've been a great place to bust out those fresh sausage legs...
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:54 AM 02-18-2021
Say what they want about going up against our best tackles even though they got beat by our best tackles during regular season that didn't play in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:14 AM 02-17-2021
I'm not a fan of Devin White. He was being kind of a punk on the field.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up