ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Who the fuck gives a shit if they slightly modify their plans for Oak Street... isn't that a good thing? :-) :-)

Start building and block Oak St: OMG why didn't they think about this?!?

Change a plan after looking at it: OMG, what a mess!

...I'd love a job in an industry where projects never change course, even a tiny bit, lmk.
It probably shouldn't be up for a vote if they're still making changes that drastic, though.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:00 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It might be nice to see the Chiefs publish their detailed plans for the TSC once the Royals are gone. Or have they?
The reason their plans are not very detailed is so they can easily manipulate the use of the money for their benefit.
[Reply]
srvy 01:03 PM 03-27-2024
I've wondered about that part since these things always make it seem like a predetermined thing that stuff is going to get built no matter what (outside of every once in a while where someone kept their house in a redeveloped area)..

And I get the whole trust thing with knowing whether they're just winging all of it or have some kind of plan... if it was "oh by the way, we found out we can't build there and we're going to tear down the river market, but thanks for the money!".... yeah, that's a big deal.

The nuances of whether a street will remain open at this stage... :-)
Well your priorities suck then it seems. Closing off a street that has the largest Downtown employers City Hall Jackson County Courthouse Federal office and Courthouse along with all the support buildings that accompany the Federal City and County Government :-) right dammit we got baseball here.
[Reply]
nychief 01:05 PM 03-27-2024
How much money and civic recognition have the Royals and Chiefs brought to the city over the years? I'd like to see those numbers.
[Reply]
srvy 01:05 PM 03-27-2024
You all have no idea how much traffic flows in and out of Oak St and Locust because of the above.
[Reply]
srvy 01:07 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
How much money and civic recognition have the Royals and Chiefs brought to the city over the years? I'd like to see those numbers.
How bout you worry about your own wreck of a City?
[Reply]
Pablo 01:07 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
Royals -$34,500

Chiefs +$10,000,000,000
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:08 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
Well your priorities suck then it seems. Closing off a street that has the largest Downtown employers City Hall Jackson County Courthouse Federal office and Courthouse along with all the support buildings that accompany the Federal City and County Government :-) right dammit we got baseball here.
Good news, they're keeping it open. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:09 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Colosseum had games for over 500 years. We should try to make stadiums like that instead of ones that need to be replaced every 50-60 years.
I would go for this.
Attached: Stadium.jpg (58.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:14 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I would go for this.

Party like it's 1979. Also good to see Generative AI can't deal with the concept of a batter's eye.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:15 PM 03-27-2024
Changing things as the votes roll in.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:19 PM 03-27-2024
I want a downtown stadium but not like this clusterfuck
[Reply]
Pablo 01:21 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Changing things as the votes roll in.
Vote yes or you’re scared of downtown and brown people and trying to park your superduty
[Reply]
srvy 01:23 PM 03-27-2024
Good news, they're keeping it open. :-)
Sherman pinching pennies trusting an architectural company to design the new ballpark. without apparently a qualified civil engineering firm with a planning division to help them through this shit. Amature hour! Architects make pretty pictures Engineers plan communities and make Architect's dreams work!
[Reply]
srvy 01:25 PM 03-27-2024
Funny old high pockets gonna have to pay for a redesign. This should be fun.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up