« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Frosty 09:46 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That’s cuz Kelce tore his ACL his rookie season and didn’t play
Not quite. He was out the season due to a microfracture in the knee due to a deep bone bruise.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:57 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I guess he gave up looking for Hardman. That one shot of Hardman running wide open past a blown coverage was really bad. It does happen though.
I rewatched the game last night and confirmed my initial thoughts. Pat didn't see him because he decided presnap Watson was going to have single coverage with no safety help (and he did) and that's where he was going, Pat never looked to his right after the snap.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:10 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I rewatched the game last night and confirmed my initial thoughts. Pat didn't see him because he decided presnap Watson was going to have single coverage with no safety help (and he did) and that's where he was going, Pat never looked to his right after the snap.
The great QBs seem to make a habit of this. Brady did it on the rep he got sacked by Sneed. he looked over prior and saw Sneed over Evans (I think), looked left and saw a matchup he liked better and never looked back to the right after the ball was snapped. he made a pre-read and then decided to go to his second and third reads before the ball was snapped. Mahomes does it as well.

It's just too bad, though no one's fault really, because Mecole was wide open from about 15 yards deep into his route all the way to the EZ.

Sidenote: The reason that Sneed was able to get to Brady turns out to be Bolton's play on that snap. Bolton comes downhill, sees Brady start to drift to his left, and Bolton slides across the ace of the C and gets his hands up, causing Brady to double-clutch, which gives Sneed just enough time (maybe a half second) to get to brady for the sack. Bolton's unselfish play created a turnover for us and should be recognized. A great LB play, but also a great leadership play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The great QBs seem to make a habit of this.
Yep and it's not even just the great QB's.

Every game, you'll see a QB see his WR1 lined up in single coverage and he'll just ignore the play called and throw that direction. It's all about favorable matchups and with the way WR's can and do play the game nowadays, single coverage on the outside is just begging to be exploited.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Not quite. He was out the season due to a microfracture in the knee due to a deep bone bruise.
His podcast provides some interesting details on all that. Evidently his knee had been bothering him since camp and they just couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. They did an exploratory/cleanup surgery on it and when they were in there they realized he needed the microfacture surgery so they just did it.

According to TK, he didn't realize he might need it until he woke up and they told him they had done it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:08 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
His podcast provides some interesting details on all that. Evidently his knee had been bothering him since camp and they just couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. They did an exploratory/cleanup surgery on it and when they were in there they realized he needed the microfacture surgery so they just did it.

According to TK, he didn't realize he might need it until he woke up and they told him they had done it.
Did they tell him about the tea bag?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Did they tell him about the tea bag?
He's seen his own jawline before.

He knows without being told. I'm pretty sure he just accepts it as the cost of doing business at this point...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:44 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Maybe this offense IS a tad complex for a new WR...

I mean, Pat had to get onto Kelce a bit for making the wrong adjustment on a particular route. That's the kind of stuff that takes forever to perfect. If it was simply about running a particular route, it would be one thing. If it's about a counter to a counter presnap and then another adjustment postsnap, that's a lot.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:48 AM 10-06-2022
Seth Keysor has a great article on him.

https://mnchiefsfan.substack.com/p/e...ore-should-be?

It’s time to take off the training wheels and see what Moore can do in an expanded role. There are snaps to be grabbed there, and given the way he’s grabbed everything else… well, he’s earned at least a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 10-06-2022
Good read, thanks for posting.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:59 AM 10-06-2022
One thing to consider as well is if you take Hardman out of the more traditional WR role and make Skyy more of a focus that immediately makes Hardman more effective as a gadget guy which he showed he was best at last year. Give him space and his speed will work.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:20 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One thing to consider as well is if you take Hardman out of the more traditional WR role and make Skyy more of a focus that immediately makes Hardman more effective as a gadget guy which he showed he was best at last year. Give him space and his speed will work.
yip
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:23 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I can't fault Patrick for that then. It happens.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:25 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That’s cuz Kelce tore his ACL his rookie season and didn’t play
I rewatched several of the games from the 13 season. He started out as a third string TE just like Noah Gray. Then he got hurt.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:28 AM 10-06-2022
Skyy had a lot to do with the loss to the Colts. I'm fine with his low snap count. It's not his time. Ride the pine.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 280
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up