ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 335
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:50 AM 04-25-2016
Ghost crying to open the episode got me in the feels a bit. Ready to see him go on a steady diet of fools jugulars. The Dothraki attempt at humor was a little wack. I could see that after winter has come and frozen the land, a present day Los Angeles earthquake awakens a frozen Dothraki Khal in Encino Man 3. Otherwise, I was fairly entertained by the episode.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:03 AM 04-25-2016
I did not see the Martell thing coming. And I am getting really tired of the Arya story line. She is my favorite character in the book and they have made her pretty worthless in the show. Unless there is some huge payoff for her being there with the faceless people, besides getting the training to be a badass, just move the story line along. I get it, she has to do a bunch of weird stuff to become badass. Move it along god damn it. I want the really badass Arya. They have done zero justice to Arya in the show compared to the book IMO.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:12 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
I always come read this thread to remind me that no matter how much I enjoy Game of Thrones, it actually sucks.
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:15 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
THIS! The TV version never showed his Oberyn level of bad assness that the books showed. Or for that matter the Sand Snakes. They are a shell of themselves in the TV series.

The best that can be said of the Dorne plotline is that it is hopefully as dead as Prince Doran after last night's episode. It was by far the worst part of the show, IMHO. They did a great job with Oberyn, but fucked everything else up pretty good.

Other than the epic tits of that one sand snake, not a single second spent in Dorne was actually good viewing.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:16 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I did not see the Martell thing coming. And I am getting really tired of the Arya story line. She is my favorite character in the book and they have made her pretty worthless in the show. Unless there is some huge payoff for her being there with the faceless people, besides getting the training to be a badass, just move the story line along. I get it, she has to do a bunch of weird stuff to become badass. Move it along god damn it. I want the really badass Arya. They have done zero justice to Arya in the show compared to the book IMO.

Really?

Did you think her storyline in the book moved any quicker? I think they're handling it fine for the most part.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:30 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
The best that can be said of the Dorne plotline is that it is hopefully as dead as Prince Doran after last night's episode. It was by far the worst part of the show, IMHO. They did a great job with Oberyn, but ****ed everything else up pretty good.

Other than the epic tits of that one sand snake, not a single second spent in Dorne was actually good viewing.
Taking out Faegon took away a large part of the Dornish motivation. Last year it felt like they included Dorne solely to fulfill Mag da Frog's prophecy. Once that was taken care of, it felt like they wanted to cut their losses and wrap it up as quickly as possible.

It's too bad they didn't have the foresight to just add Trystane to the council to begin season 5. I feel like in the first three seasons every plot point was building to the RW. Since that time, they've only mapped out one season at a time and it's impacted the consistency between each season.
[Reply]
Hawk 07:34 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Arya was a pretty good badass in the last episode of last season when she doesn't make a sound as Meryn Trant canes her, then she stabs his eyes out and kills him. But now she's being punished by blinding for taking a face before she was ready. A newly blind little girl is going to have a hard time being a badass. Just be patient. All in good time.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:51 AM 04-25-2016
Really?

Did you think her storyline in the book moved any quicker? I think they're handling it fine for the most part.
They didn't move it any quicker they just made it more badass. In the book she has killed a lot more people. In the book she is a ruthless little ****er. She slit the guards throat escaping the one castle (forget the name). She killed the Nights Watch guy for being a traitor(Trent might have been the substitution for this guy). I believe she also went ahead and killed the merchant she was supposed to have killed. She skipped him in the show. To me they showed her to be much more ruthless in the book. She is definitely not my favorite character in the show.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:00 AM 04-25-2016
The best that can be said of the Dorne plotline is that it is hopefully as dead as Prince Doran after last night's episode. It was by far the worst part of the show, IMHO. They did a great job with Oberyn, but fucked everything else up pretty good.

They likely aren't done with the damn snakes.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:03 AM 04-25-2016
I didn't think Arya was blind anymore, but it's been too long since I've read the books.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:04 AM 04-25-2016
Someone on 4chan had this average idea that would have made this much better.

1.Snakes poison Doran at dinner.
2. At dinner, Doran gives Fire and Blood speech, then dies.
3. Snakes are like: "WTF have we done?".

Simple and would have at least brought a semblance of an emotional element to the elimination of the Martells.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:06 AM 04-25-2016
The whole Dorne plot is a waste of screen time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 AM 04-25-2016
Dorne in the books was fantastic. Nothing like the show.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:51 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
They likely aren't done with the damn snakes.
Spoiler!
Enemy of my enemy.:-)
[Reply]
Hawk 10:35 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dorne in the books was fantastic. Nothing like the show.
It is really hard to understand why they screwed up the Dorne part so badly. The sand snakes are caricatures in the books too, but you had Doran and Arianne and Quentyn that were at least real characters, and Ellaria is a bit player at best in the books.

While I can understand eliminating the Quentyn arc, why eliminate Arianne and then kill off Doran and Trystane while making Ellaria the centerpiece? It really makes no sense to me. Maybe it will once we get to see what happens in the next book. But I would rather Doran had killed Ellaria in gruesome fashion that have him get killed like that by her. Loved the Red Viper, but can't stand his whiny woman. And the actor playing Doran was the best part of the whole Dorne situation on the show.

Plus Ellaria's logic is all twisted up. Doran didn't avenge a couple of deaths fast enough for her, so she kills him and his son and his bodyguard? Who is going to avenge those deaths which were even worse than what the Lannisters did in the first place?
[Reply]
Page 99 of 335
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up