ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 48
« First < 384445464748
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
listopencil 04:43 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Anyone tired of Tess Thompson's schtick this season? It's like she's intentionally overacting and trying for some deep and ominous voice. I like her acting and she's been good / great in everything I've seen her in but this season...ugh...I cannot stand her acting.
Tess Thompson is playing her role in a complicated way. Evan Rachel Wood coached her and Thompson studied Wood's version of Dolores. Thompson even sat and watched Wood act out the Halores scenes from this season to use as a benchmark. Basically Tess Thompson is trying to play Even Rachel Wood playing a broken version of Dolores.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:13 PM 11-04-2022
Canceled. No tie it all up ending.

HBO has switched off #Westworld.

The acclaimed sci-fi drama is canceled after its recent fourth season, despite creators hoping for a fifth season to wrap things up: https://t.co/bhOUElJwBB pic.twitter.com/1K1IfjlqFp

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 4, 2022

[Reply]
listopencil 12:26 AM 11-05-2022
That's too bad, but the show just fell off a cliff compared to its old self.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:26 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
That's too bad, but the show just fell off a cliff compared to its old self.
How immediate was that fall? I remember thinking season 1 was some of the best TV ever, and then I got to like episode 3 of season 2 and could feel my interest waning. I "think" I finished that season, but never queued up season 3.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:16 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How immediate was that fall? I remember thinking season 1 was some of the best TV ever, and then I got to like episode 3 of season 2 and could feel my interest waning. I "think" I finished that season, but never queued up season 3.
We never finished season 2 here. The only other show I have soured on so quickly come season 2 was Heroes but that had a lot to do with the writers strike.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:06 PM 11-05-2022
I can’t tell you how much I disliked this last season. Completely disjointed. I watched it completely out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

This news is a relief.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:06 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I can’t tell you how much I disliked this last season. Completely disjointed. I watched it completely out of obligation rather than enjoyment.

This news is a relief.
I couldn't bring myself to even watch S4 this time around. Doubt I ever will at this point.

Every season before that had unfulfilled promise and it just didn't seem to me the writers ever had a clue where they wanted to go with the story and what they wanted to do with the characters.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:35 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
For me it was the William reveal that started the downfall of the show.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 11-05-2022
I stopped watching midway thru season 2. Is this show still any good?

Did watch ep 1 and 2 of peripheral and looked good.
[Reply]
srvy 06:33 PM 11-05-2022
Went off the rails and became unwatchable. No wrapping that shitshow up.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:28 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Went off the rails and became unwatchable. No wrapping that shitshow up.
Felt like they fucked around until they had nowhere to go and decided to replay season one because they couldn't think of anything better.
[Reply]
srvy 09:37 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Felt like they fucked around until they had nowhere to go and decided to replay season one because they couldn't think of anything better.
Exactly
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:30 PM 11-06-2022
Season three is where they fucked up IMHO SEASON 2 was fine, hard to follow but hand waved away with a good season 3. Season 3’went fucking crazy and season 4 followed
[Reply]
Page 48 of 48
« First < 384445464748
Up