ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 112
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
RunKC 12:03 PM 09-29-2021
I see Veach as a young GM who can identify talent but being a younger guy growing into the role. His drafts have progressively gotten better over time. I really do think this years draft is his best work + the trade for Orlando Brown on top of it.

I would caution people to simply understand expectations. Dorsey was a shit drafter after the first rd in Cleveland. Ballard has been extremely underwhelming when you take out the obvious Quinten Nelson top 10 pick. John Schneider was a God in Seattle when they drafted Russell Wilson and now look at him?
Both GM’s in GB have had the shine rust off big time.

It’s really hard to win in this league guys. Even with an elite QB.

You guys keep pointing back to Dorsey for previous success, but I think it wasn’t just him. We had an amazing team scouting for us. Dorsey, Andy, Ballard and Veach all working together.

The GM is kind of like the QB. They can be really good but won’t be successful unless their team is good.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
How did I ignore his 32 sacks? That's good to very good which I already said he was? Again, the issue is if he was THAT good. Meaning good enough to trade and give all that money to which is what Veach did. No he wasn't. Period. Which is why people disagreed with the trade.

You called this revisionist history when I've clearly shown that a lot of people didn't like the trade when it happened then too. How is immediate reactions "revisionist history"?
If he had 20 sacks over the last 2 years, and was on his way to 9+ again this year, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

The problem isn’t that Clark wasn’t THAT good in Seattle, the problem is that he wasn’t THAT good anymore.

And you continue to point to reactions that don’t necessarily have anything to do with how good Clark was at the time. Holy shit you’re a special kind of stupid.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:06 PM 09-29-2021
Perfect example is Mahomes.

Veach found him, pushed him on Andy. Ballard and Dorsey both watched him and shared analysis. Dorsey executed a great trade. Andy also had to have had something to do with that trade too as McDermott worked for him for years in Philly. They had to have talked about the trade as well.

Andy verified Patrick on the private visit.

Again, this is a team effort like all things in this league
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:10 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
GMAFB.

We’d be sitting at 3-0 without them, even with a very tough schedule to start the season. This is your typical Overreaction Planet bullshit to somehow try to blame Veach for that.
Funny hearing you talk about overreaction Mr 'Veach is best GM in NFL.'

Sorry if I'm not ecstatic about what Veach has done since he has been here. What's our run D ranked again?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Funny hearing you talk about overreaction Mr 'Veach is best GM in NFL.'

Sorry if I'm not ecstatic about what Veach has done since he has been here. What's our run D ranked again?
Yea, we all know even winning a SB and going to another isn’t enough for miserable fucks like yourself. What our run d is ranked 3 weeks into this season clearly outweighs that!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:15 PM 09-29-2021
Yea, we all know even winning a SB and going to another isn’t enough for miserable ****s like yourself.
You clearly are as miserable as any poster here. Constantly calling ppl names, crying like a little bitch when someone disagrees w you about anything, getting all upset about everything and anything.

Once again, look in the mirror.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 PM 09-29-2021
You clearly are as miserable as any poster here. Constantly calling ppl names, crying like a little bitch when someone disagrees w you about anything, getting all upset about everything and anything.

Once again, look in the mirror.
Any examples of me “crying like a little bitch when somebody disagrees” with me?

Calling morons like yourself morons doesn’t equal crying.

You can’t give me shit for being a “homer”, which is essentially just being the voice of optimism, then try and call me miserable at the same time. Miserable people aren’t optimistic/positive. It doesn’t even make sense.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:26 PM 09-29-2021
I don't think most people ever expected Clark to ever be worth what we traded and paid him though. Look at the trade thread. That's as mixed of a reaction as you'll get on a big trade. So yeah he might not have predicted he'd be this bad now, he could have seen that he was never THAT good in the first place.

At the end of the day, his job is to acquire players and be able to project how they'll do in the future. Barring injury, why give him excuses when moves don't work out? It's literally his job. It's the NFL, you don't get points for trying.
First off many who were upset were the same that are upset any time this team trades a pick for a player. Second off it's his job to acquire players that better this team. If the player ends up not doing such, especially if they were young and proven at the time that is another matter. He has no way of knowing down the line that said proven player would not live up to what was paid for him.

No one is giving him excuses, the Clark move didn't turn out long term as planned, but to say he is average as a GM or not good because players like Clark underperformed and Veach somehow didn't know this years prior like he is some sort of Miss Cleo is just hating on the guy. That is what you are currently doing.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:28 PM 09-29-2021
Before you call someone a dumb motherfucker you might want to look at some of your posts. I don't think you are in a position to call anyone on this board dumb right now.

You're nothing but a homer. Veach is best GM in NFL. Lmao...
I asked earlier who is better and why? What's preventing you from answering said question besides the obvious?
[Reply]
-King- 01:05 PM 09-29-2021
If he had 20 sacks over the last 2 years, and was on his way to 9+ again this year, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

The problem isn’t that Clark wasn’t THAT good in Seattle, the problem is that he wasn’t THAT good anymore.

And you continue to point to reactions that don’t necessarily have anything to do with how good Clark was at the time. Holy shit you’re a special kind of stupid.
If he was THAT good, the overwhelming reaction to the trade when it happened would have been that the Chiefs won the trade. I don't even know how you can argue that.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:08 PM 09-29-2021
If he was THAT good, the overwhelming reaction to the trade when it happened would have been that the Chiefs won the trade. I don't even know how you can argue that.
So again, your argument is:

Fans reactions >>> Production/tape

King fucking Dumbass
[Reply]
-King- 01:09 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
First off many who were upset were the same that are upset any time this team trades a pick for a player. Second off it's his job to acquire players that better this team. If the player ends up not doing such, especially if they were young and proven at the time that is another matter. He has no way of knowing down the line that said proven player would not live up to what was paid for him.
That's his job...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:11 PM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, people are swinging too far the other way now on Clark. Acting like all he did in 2019 was get coverage sacks. 17 pressures that postseason, second only to Bosa, and did his job quite well in slowing the running game down.
Yeah, he was instrumental during that run. IIRC he also had 5 sacks and I know from memory at least 3 of them came in the 4th quarters of those games. Plus he talked all that shit about stopping Derrick Henry and led the charge in backing up his shit talk and holding him to something like 70 yards.
[Reply]
-King- 01:12 PM 09-29-2021
So again, your argument is:

Fans reactions >>> Production/tape

King fucking Dumbass
What do you think the fans and reporters and everyone else that didn't like the trade were reacting to? His "tape" showed a good player but not good enough to give up what we did for him. And that turned out to be true.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 09-29-2021
What do you think the fans and reporters and everyone else that didn't like the trade were reacting to? His "tape" showed a good player but not good enough to give up what we did for him. And that turned out to be true.
I’ve already explained that to you and you continue to ignore it. It’s a matter of philosophy and the Chiefs losing 2 pass rushers to turn around and trade for and pay another. For many, it wasn’t about Clark the player. Do you not understand that there’s a difference in philosophy with these kinds of moves in general? It’s the same reason some didn’t like the Orlando Brown trade either. The Rams have taken heat for their trades as well. Same goes for the Seahawks with Adams.

Anyways, what you’re saying is the equivalent of saying that Khalil Mack wasn’t that good in Oakland because he hasn’t quite lived up to his contract and what the Bears gave up to get him.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 112
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up