Page 109 of 112
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:40 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
McCaffrey was god damn beat to death this year. There's just no way they can continue to do that.

Now the thing they got goin is paying a QB 1 million dollars. So that's gonna help but damn.
2024 is likely the last season they can get away with paying him that. Sure he’s under contract in 2025 but he’s making less than a million and sharing a place with a teammate in one of the most expensive cities in the country, unless he just completely falls off he’s getting a significant extension 12-15 months from now that will see a sizable increase to his 2025 cap number and beyond.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The only members of their core that aren't too expensive, old, and/or injury prone are Warner and Purdy.

That's it.
An Aiyuk extension seems likely if the WR market starts to turn and they can get him at/near $18 million/season for four years.

Though him getting zeroed out during the SB can't help him there. I think that was just a bad matchup issue as much as anything, but whether fair or not, he's just not seen as a dynamic talent by most folks.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
An Aiyuk extension seems likely if the WR market starts to turn and they can get him at/near $18 million/season for four years.

Though him getting zeroed out during the SB can't help him there. I think that was just a bad matchup issue as much as anything, but whether fair or not, he's just not seen as a dynamic talent by most folks.
I just kind of assumed they couldn't pay Aiyuk, but if they can, add him to the list. That's 3 guys.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The only members of their core that aren't too expensive, old, and/or injury prone are Warner and Purdy.

That's it.
The problem they're having going forward is that, Bosa in a vacuum is worth it. Dude's just a monster.

But when you pay him that and whiff on draft picks like they have on the DL, it's just too easy to take him away, great as he is.

Armstead played really well the other night and Chase Young was back to his normal ass kick self (damn it, can we fit him in here) but those 2 are probably gone and you've got Hargreaves getting up there.

Now they're probably without their 3rd best defensive player all year next year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:50 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Don't worry....they'll suck enough to get another top 5-10 pick where they'll find another Bosa. How the fuck they keep bringing back Rat Jr and Lynch...I'll never understand. They aren't winning anything.

That’s what gets me. Ratface has had 6 or fewer wins in 3 of his 7 seasons. If next season they hit a widdle injury bug (that’s always his excuse) then he’ll have given the Niners top 10 picks in exactly half of his seasons.

We’re supposed to call this guy a great head coach? I mean, he’s pretty good, but I ain’t calling this douche a top 3 coach like everybody expects me to. That’s bullshit.

Even more astounding is NOBODY ever brings up this point
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That’s what gets me. Ratface has had 6 or fewer wins in 3 of his 7 seasons. If next season they hit a widdle injury bug (that’s always his excuse) then he’ll have given the Niners top 10 picks in exactly half of his seasons.

We’re supposed to call this guy a great head coach? I mean, he’s pretty good, but I ain’t calling this douche a top 3 coach like everybody expects me to. That’s bullshit.

Even more astounding is NOBODY ever brings up this point
Like I said - if Lynch had taken Deshaun Watson, the 49ers would've never made a single SB.

The shit season that gave them Bosa and the cap flexibility created by their wave of mediocre QBs have allowed them to build a roster just good enough to lose.

But it took a fair bit of blind luck to get that far.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He'll probably want 25 per year.

He's not gonna be a 9er next year. He won't be a Chief, we can't afford nor do we need to, but he'll end up somewhere....like Houston.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 AM 02-13-2024
Shannahan is one of the best coaches in the league. Dude knows how to scheme offense as good as anyone not named Andy Reid. That was evident in the 2nd half.

He's stuck like his pal McVay was when he had Goff. He can't win like this. There's a reason Kyle tried to lure Brady to SF last Spring.

Remember his buddy McVay couldn't win without a top QB. His father couldn't win without a top QB.

He isn't winning with Brock Purdy
[Reply]
Lzen 10:56 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Don't worry....they'll suck enough to get another top 5-10 pick where they'll find another Bosa. How the **** they keep bringing back Rat Jr and Lynch...I'll never understand. They aren't winning anything.
If they hadn't run into Mahomes, they might very well have won a SB (or 2).
[Reply]
Lzen 10:57 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It's early but I believe the Packers will be the best team in the NFC next year. Love looked like the best QB in that conference last month and it was only his first year starting.

They've got 5 picks in the top 100 and will have some cash to burn once they cut Bakhtiari and a few others
Love looked like the best NFC QB until he choked away the NFC playoff game late against the 49ers.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:05 AM 02-13-2024
Shannahan is one of the best coaches in the league. Dude knows how to scheme offense as good as anyone not named Andy Reid. That was evident in the 2nd half.

He's stuck like his pal McVay was when he had Goff. He can't win like this. There's a reason Kyle tried to lure Brady to SF last Spring.

Remember his buddy McVay couldn't win without a top QB. His father couldn't win without a top QB.

Then don’t tank the season just because a few guys get hurt.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:06 AM 02-13-2024

He had his chance to draft/develop a franchise-caliber QB... and he blew it on Trey Lance.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:07 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He had his chance to draft/develop a franchise-caliber QB... and he blew it on Trey Lance.
Remind us, which QBs were still available when they drafted Lance?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM 02-13-2024
Mike Pennel is a classic example of how the NFL does not value the big body run defender at all.

Guys like him sit on FA forever, get signed during the year sometimes, don't get paid. It isn't just him either there's this long standing tradition of NTs getting cheap as all hell deals. It's because teams want the penetrator, the Chris Jones, or they want a big body guy that can do both which is how Mazi Smith got elevated in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 02-13-2024
The margins in this level of game are just so god damn wildly thin. It's nuts.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 112
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112 >
Up