ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 56
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:46 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Skyline chili is inedible slop.

I have no idea how people choke that runny diarrhea down.
Here in Omaha there's a place called Spaghetti Works...they used to serve a 3 or 4 way spaghetti...with Chili, cheese (3-way including spaghetti) or Chilli, cheese and onions...

...I fucking loved that shit. No idea what Skyline Chili is, but the stuff at Spaghetti Works was awesome.

...still love BBQ more though, so there's that...
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:50 AM 03-19-2023
Bungle fans are like think they got the Holy Grail in LT Orlando Brown Jr. They are in for a surprise. They think because he was a pro bowler that means something :-) If Matt Cassel can make the pro bowl the prow bowl means shit. I can't wait for the season and play them and blow their doors off.

George the Greek probably has an edge on him from practice I know he beat OBJ like a drum onto the quarterback. George is going embarrass OBJ
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:52 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The local sports guys rarely have any deep knowledge of any player not on the home team.
True....but they do have knowledge of Taylor and were trying to make comparisons on OBJ by reputation and that he was a key cog in protecting Mahomes back side.

It was just amusing....
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:02 AM 03-19-2023
Juan knows
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:05 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, you’re suffering from food deprivation and hallucinating. I’ve tried it. That shit is disgusting.
When I lived in Kentucky they had a Skyline Chili restaurant about 9 miles north of us. I tried to eat it once and it was just nasty....I actually ate about 2-3 bites and left ...stopped and got myself a sandwich from Fazoli's instead.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:46 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Here in Omaha there's a place called Spaghetti Works...they used to serve a 3 or 4 way spaghetti...with Chili, cheese (3-way including spaghetti) or Chilli, cheese and onions...

...I ****ing loved that shit. No idea what Skyline Chili is, but the stuff at Spaghetti Works was awesome.

Used to have one in Des Moines... It's all you can eat too, right?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:04 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Bengals have a good deal. They have a guy cheaper (right now) than ours with a proven floor at LT, which ours doesn't have. I know a lot of people here didn't rate OBJ, me too at times, but it's silly suggesting we wouldn't have taken the OBJ deal over the JT one imo. However...we'll see what it ultimately costs them. Brown wanted more of it guaranteed early. What's the chance he asks for an extension and a payrise before he gets to those leaner final years? I don't know if Taylor ends up being a better LT, there's massive over confidence on that imo, but I do think there's a very good chance he ends up being cheaper.
“Proven floor” he was borderline terrible. Not a hard bar to hurdle for the incoming LT. The bengals do NOT have a “good deal”, they paid 17 mil for a turnstile.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:05 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

...I ****ing loved that shit. No idea what Skyline Chili is, but the stuff at Spaghetti Works was awesome.

That's exactly what Skyline is and yes, it's awesome.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:33 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
That's exactly what Skyline is and yes, it's awesome.
Yeah...no it isn't.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:04 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Damn his film is so bad.
The hillarious thing is Orlando Brown Jr gave up 9 pressures in the game in Cincinnati last year.

That’s how desperate they are for a LT. I mean props to them for getting him for a deal but he’s some elite player.

He’s gonna get the Marcellus Wallace treatment against the Steelers and Browns with Watt, Highsmith and Garrett. Hell maybe Baltimore too if they bring back Justin Houston.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:52 AM 03-19-2023
It's kind of odd just how happy/excited coach Taylor looked at the presser. I mean, he's had ample opportunity to study the tape, so he has to know pretty well exactly what OBJ is. And he really wanted him anyway. Guess we'll see if he has a plan for protecting OBj or if he really didn't see OBJ's weaknesses.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:52 AM 03-19-2023
Tunsil’s extension with Texans has reset the market. Chiefs & Bungles may both have gotten a pretty good deal based on today’s and tomorrow’s market.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 03-19-2023
oof

Yeah, really going to miss that personal protector on the left side.. pic.twitter.com/HFX4nEycOJ

— The Chiefs Pod (@TheChiefsPod) March 18, 2023

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:46 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
oof

Solid player, not a great player.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:52 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Solid player, not a great player.
precisely
[Reply]