ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 56
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:46 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
tbf, he posted 18 reps on his pro day, but that's still not elite for a guy his size.
For some reason I thought I read Orlando Brown's workout at the Combine was one of the worst ever seen....
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:55 PM 03-18-2023
It was interesting to hear the local sports talk shows talking about the Taylor vs. Brown contracts. One of the local guys couldn't believe that KC would let Brown go and pay more for Taylor than Brown got in the Cincy deal.

And they were making him out to be this great Left Tackle that was Mahomes best protector.

Some of the local chat seemed more about frustration in losing Taylor with that leaving them Walker Little and Cam Robinson (who has had some injury issues)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:55 PM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
For some reason I thought I read Orlando Brown's workout at the Combine was one of the worst ever seen....
It was, or so I heard. But he did better at his pro day later. Again, not a huge difference, but he posted better stats than he did at the Combine.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:58 PM 03-18-2023
It was interesting to hear the local sports talk shows talking about the Taylor vs. Brown contracts. One of the local guys couldn't believe that KC would let Brown go and pay more for Taylor than Brown got in the Cincy deal.

And they were making him out to be this great Left Tackle that was Mahomes best protector.

Some of the local chat seemed more about frustration in losing Taylor with that leaving them Walker Little and Cam Robinson (who has had some injury issues)
They obviously didn't actually watch his tape. And I'm not saying OBJ was trash, because I still remember Cam Erving/Remmers quite clearly. Those guys were trash.

But OBJ isn't elite by any stretch. At best he's better than average, and that's it. At least in pass-pro. His strength or wheelhouse, is as a run-blocker.

EDIT: forgot just how many pressures he gave up, I know, how could i? He's well below average as a pass-pro OT. He's just not Cam bad.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:31 PM 03-18-2023
They obviously didn't actually watch his tape. And I'm not saying OBJ was trash, because I still remember Cam Erving/Remmers quite clearly. Those guys were trash.

But OBJ isn't elite by any stretch. At best he's better than average, and that's it. At least in pass-pro. His strength or wheelhouse, is as a run-blocker.

EDIT: forgot just how many pressures he gave up, I know, how could i? He's well below average as a pass-pro OT. He's just not Cam bad.
He pretty much was a swinging door when it came to pass protection. I am watching for the Bengals to sign Jet McKinnon as a package deal because he did a lot of chip blocking to cover for Brown's misses.

Leon Searcy was pretty much the guy covering for Brown in the local sports discussion I heard on their noon time show. Sounded like he was making reasons/excuses.

I will give one of their guys some credit....he did say that OBJ was a decent LT but had some shortcomings.

Thanks for reminding me of Cam Erving/Mike Remmers.....if those guys were still around Mahomes might be spending more time on the IR list.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:27 PM 03-18-2023

This is a prime example of sacks being a QB stat. Orlando Brown gives up pressure almost immediately, but Mahomes is able to neutralize it and pick up a big chunk play anyway. pic.twitter.com/vqRVFZ0TC5

— Tony Sommer (@Tony_Sommer) March 19, 2023

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:56 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, you’re suffering from food deprivation and hallucinating. I’ve tried it. That shit is disgusting.
Skyline chili is inedible slop.

I have no idea how people choke that runny diarrhea down.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:59 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Joe cool is destroyed on that play
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:08 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Joe cool is destroyed on that play
Joe cool has played bad in 4th quarters. He's way overhyped as being great. He lives off of the teams talent and not his own.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:09 AM 03-19-2023

The thing Bengos fans should ask themselves is, if OBJ is a great tackle why’s he 26 years old and on his third team?

Great tackles don’t hit the open market, and they don’t change teams with a lot of capital moving in exchange.

They definitely don’t see a team release them outright after a SB season
[Reply]
jd1020 08:10 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
They definitely don’t see a team release them outright after a SB season
Lucky for OBJ he wasn't released.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 03-19-2023

The local sports guys rarely have any deep knowledge of any player not on the home team.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:30 AM 03-19-2023
Bengals have a good deal. They have a guy cheaper (right now) than ours with a proven floor at LT, which ours doesn't have. I know a lot of people here didn't rate OBJ, me too at times, but it's silly suggesting we wouldn't have taken the OBJ deal over the JT one imo. However...we'll see what it ultimately costs them. Brown wanted more of it guaranteed early. What's the chance he asks for an extension and a payrise before he gets to those leaner final years? I don't know if Taylor ends up being a better LT, there's massive over confidence on that imo, but I do think there's a very good chance he ends up being cheaper.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:33 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Bengals have a good deal. They have a guy cheaper (right now) than ours with a proven floor at LT, which ours doesn't have. I know a lot of people here didn't rate OBJ, me too at times, but it's silly suggesting we wouldn't have taken the OBJ deal over the JT one imo. However...we'll see what it ultimately costs them. Brown wanted more of it guaranteed early. What's the chance he asks for an extension and a payrise before he gets to those leaner final years? I don't know if Taylor ends up being a better LT, there's massive over confidence on that imo, but I do think there's a very good chance he ends up being cheaper.
If Taylor ends up being cheaper its because Brown ended up being better. The chances of either one of these guys seeing the final year on their deal is slim and Taylor is more expensive out of the chute.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:39 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Joe cool is killed on that play

that's more like it
[Reply]
Page 37 of 56
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up