ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 247
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
tredadda 01:11 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
As I mentioned weeks ago, the Dolphins are frauds. They’re the 2020 Steelers. Stacking wins against bad teams.

They lost to a 3rd string QB yesterday. By multiple scores. They have the Chargers and Bills next.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they fall to the 7th spot in the AFC playoff picture.

They already beat Buffalo once though.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 01:13 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They already beat Buffalo once though.
They beat a Bills team that was missing 9 starters, by 2 points.

Context.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:17 PM 12-05-2022
They beat a Bills team that was missing 9 starters, by 2 points.

Context.
So Buffalo should be 9-3 with an *? A loss is a loss regardless.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 01:19 PM 12-05-2022
So Buffalo should be 9-3 with an *? A loss is a loss regardless.
The record is what it is.

But if you want to pretend that context doesn’t matter when discussing and analyzing football, might as well just shut the forum down. All we need is records and a schedule to show who beat who. Right?
[Reply]
tredadda 01:20 PM 12-05-2022
The record is what it is.

But if you want to pretend that context doesn’t matter when discussing and analyzing football, might as well just shut the forum down. All we need is records and a schedule to show who beat who. Right?
It doesn’t matter. Like chess no two games are the same.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:25 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
1 seed they can probably beat the Bengals
If they can lose to the Jets, I'm guessing they could lose to the Bengals too.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:26 PM 12-05-2022
As I mentioned weeks ago, the Dolphins are frauds. They’re the 2020 Steelers. Stacking wins against bad teams.

They lost to a 3rd string QB yesterday. By multiple scores. They have the Chargers and Bills next.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they fall to the 7th spot in the AFC playoff picture.

Obviously the Dolphins benefited from playing 5 bad teams in a row, no question about that.

Not sure Miami is quite as fraudulent as a Steelers team that had an aging, injured Big Ben mixed with a defensive head coach who has been stuck in the Dark Ages of football schemes, etc.

Miami has Tua in his prime, Tyreek in his prime, Waddle in his prime...pretty good young offensive coach running the show there as well. They are dangerous enough with their passing game to beat other teams in a shootout.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:25 PM 12-05-2022
damn von is fucked

[Reply]
JustDíqLix 02:30 PM 12-05-2022
It doesn’t matter. Like chess no two games are the same.
huh? No one said they are…
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 02:32 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Obviously the Dolphins benefited from playing 5 bad teams in a row, no question about that.

Not sure Miami is quite as fraudulent as a Steelers team that had an aging, injured Big Ben mixed with a defensive head coach who has been stuck in the Dark Ages of football schemes, etc.

Miami has Tua in his prime, Tyreek in his prime, Waddle in his prime...pretty good young offensive coach running the show there as well. They are dangerous enough with their passing game to beat other teams in a shootout.
You’re a great poster but I had to laugh at “Tua in his prime”. The guy is Chad Pennington.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 02:33 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If they can lose to the Jets, I'm guessing they could lose to the Bengals too.
This is true. Any team can lose to any team. But the Bills match up with the Bengals fairly well, so hopefully they can get the W.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:36 PM 12-05-2022
You’re a great poster but I had to laugh at “Tua in his prime”. The guy is Chad Pennington.
Dang that sounds harsh. :-)

In any event, as long as they have those 2 elite speed WR's for him mixed with a good offensive minded coach, that Miami offense is probably going to be dangerous enough for some shootout games with everyone around the league.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:45 PM 12-05-2022
Nope.

Tua is Matt Ryan.

Which is what my comp was for him coming out, a guy that will never really be a top 5 QB but could win a MVP with the right coach and great supporting cast.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 03:07 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Nope.

Tua is Matt Ryan.

Which is what my comp was for him coming out, a guy that will never really be a top 5 QB but could win a MVP with the right coach and great supporting cast.
I can see why you would say Matt Ryan, but Ryan’s arm is (was?) stronger than Tua’s. And that’s saying something considering Ryan hasn’t ever had the strongest arm (it’s a good thing he played in a dome).

Watch Tua as he goes through December and January. The cold and windy games mess with him because he doesn’t have the strength to rip it. He relies on perfectly placed moon balls and mid corner drops and those are impossible in cold/wind without an elite arm.

Career Splits
September - November: 35 TD, 9 INT
December - January: 13 TD, 11 INT
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:18 PM 12-05-2022
I didn't have much respect for Tua coming into this season, and I still don't think he's elite, but he's accurate and he has wide open receivers all over the field. He doesn't need to be the best QB in the league to put up a lot of points.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 247
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203 > Last »
Up