ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 33
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
Frazod 12:04 PM 07-07-2023
I also enjoyed it. Had that TOS feel to it. Much better than last week.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:53 PM 07-07-2023
A good concept and sort of a classic TOS story. Raised some interesting questions that good science fiction does (particularly in what Pike was capable of/willing to do without his memories when he was driven by pure instinct and emotion). Not sure they entirely nailed the execution of it, but it worked for me just fine.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:12 AM 07-08-2023
Back to more of the feel of season 1. Still not up to the quality of season 1 though. I've enjoyed the differences of season 2, but it just hasn't been as good as season 1. Hopefully ep4 will be the turning point.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:11 AM 07-08-2023
For completely forgetting who she was, Erica sure figured out how to drift the ship and how to fire phasers in such a way to punch through a massive asteroid in a hurry, lol.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:43 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
For completely forgetting who she was, Erica sure figured out how to drift the ship and how to fire phasers in such a way to punch through a massive asteroid in a hurry, lol.
I think with her they are leaning hard into the hot shot pilot stereotype to give her some kind of unique personality. She's such a natural that she could never really forget how to do it. Other than that she's only got this sort of scrappy little chick from an East Coast urban city kind of thing going on. Not much there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:48 AM 07-08-2023
Just watched it last night. Great episode.
[Reply]
Fish 11:49 AM 07-08-2023
It's always been silly to me to think that these people are on these giant ships with incredibly advanced computer systems, yet still need a human pilot for convenient asteroid action scenes. Let's have Janet take over from the supercomputer.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:06 PM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's always been silly to me to think that these people are on these giant ships with incredibly advanced computer systems, yet still need a human pilot for convenient asteroid action scenes. Let's have Janet take over from the supercomputer.
That will always be in Star Trek. The humans (humanoids) are the stars.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:40 PM 07-13-2023
I need more pew pew bang bang.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:49 PM 07-13-2023
That was excellent. Easily my favorite this season so far. That’s also the 2nd time they’ve had a Spock-based comedy episode and they were really effective both times.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:21 AM 07-15-2023
That was quirky but I really enjoyed it, even if they telegraphed the Spock-Chappel thing from a mile away. Ethan Peck did a pretty amazing job playing a Vulcan that had lost all of what made him a Vulcan and trying to make it as a human. Fun episode with some subtle great humor from Pike, but I expect they'll ramp the action up next week.

And Spock's mom is hot.
[Reply]
4th and Long 04:58 PM 07-15-2023
And Spock's mom is hot.
Mia Kirshner

[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 PM 07-15-2023
Well lookee there, a 4th and Long sighting! And all it took was a Mia Kirshner appearance to draw you out! :-)

Good to see you, man!
[Reply]
Frazod 12:39 PM 07-18-2023
That was quirky but I really enjoyed it, even if they telegraphed the Spock-Chappel thing from a mile away. Ethan Peck did a pretty amazing job playing a Vulcan that had lost all of what made him a Vulcan and trying to make it as a human. Fun episode with some subtle great humor from Pike, but I expect they'll ramp the action up next week.

And Spock's mom is hot.
Finally got around to watching it. Agreed on all points. A silly but fun episode.

I didn't really care for the actress playing Chappel initially, but she's definitely grown on me.
[Reply]
Fish 10:09 PM 07-18-2023
I thought the Vulcan temper tantrum was a bit too over the top.

T'Pring is a bitch. Her mom is a huge bitch. Fuck em.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 33
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up