ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day.
SuperBowl4 09:13 AM 06-07-2021
- Pleads Not Guilty - Update : November 19, 2021 - Kansas City Chiefs agree to pay medical expenses for girl who was hurt in crash. Britt Reid's trial date set for April 18, 2022
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:23 AM 09-07-2022
Potential sentence seems in line, I bet he doesn't get 7 years probably 1-3 since there wasn't a death.

Most people that get DWI's either don't get jail time or very little. Which I think is crap but just the way that it is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:24 AM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Grim:
Totally depends on the state that issues the life sentence.
In Missouri, it's 30 years.
Here, first degree murder is life with no parole.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:31 AM 09-07-2022
When I was a LEO I was working the jail one evening and a MOHP brought in a guy that probably had 3-4 prior DUI's. So he handed him over to me and left, I processed the guy and he got immediately bailed out and left. Hour later the same MOHP brought the guy back in as he got back in his car and was driving.

People are dumb.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:46 AM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Where are getting that information? I don't believe it's accurate.
My wife's cousin was murdered at a creek while swimming and fishing with his family by a Mexican illegal immigrant.
To be brief the illegal was floating down the creek and asked if they would give him a beer. He was told no and that if he wanted anything to drink he should have brought it with him. Words ensued, and after a few minutes, he and the group he was with continued with their float. Almost 2 hours later he showed back up with a pistol, shot, and killed my wife's cousin.
After two years he was finally convicted of 1st-degree murder. The court proceedings were held in Missouri. While he was in prison he went through all the court stuff for being here illegally. He got sentenced to 15 years. He was released after 55 months. The family was at his parole hearing and we questioned the attorney about this situation. Those are the numbers he told us were normal. The attorney told us we were lucky that he did any time since he was an illegal. He said the state could have same themselves a lot of taxpayer money and just let the Fed deport him. He was then deported back to Mexico.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:07 AM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Grim:
Totally depends on the state that issues the life sentence.
In Missouri, it's 30 years.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here, first-degree murder is life with no parole.
You guys are stating maximum sentences. Juries and judges do not have to give those sentences. Generally, for first offenses and extenuating circumstances, they don't give out the maximum sentences.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You guys are stating maximum sentences. Juries and judges do not have to give those sentences. Generally, for first offenses and extenuating circumstances, they don't give out the maximum sentences.
Not in Iowa. Even first offenders with extenuating circumstances can and do get life without parole. I have a high school acquaintance who shot his dad after years of abuse. He wasn't even 18 and got life without parole despite no criminal record of any kind.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:24 AM 09-07-2022
Nope. First degree here in Michigan is life without parole.
Second is any number of years up to life, parole eligible after 15.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:16 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
You were probably one of the ones that wanted to hang Tyreek Hill too.

All I said was Andy and Clark have nothing to do with the incident and that the not guilty plea was expected.

Get off your high horse.
Well, you seem like a rational adult who doesn't immediately react based on an emotional response.

Why are posting here?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:26 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not in Iowa. Even first offenders with extenuating circumstances can and do get life without parole. I have a high school acquaintance who shot his dad after years of abuse. He wasn't even 18 and got life without parole despite no criminal record of any kind.
Did he make him play baseball on football Sundays?
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:29 PM 09-07-2022
My wife's cousin was murdered at a creek while swimming and fishing with his family by a Mexican illegal immigrant.
To be brief the illegal was floating down the creek and asked if they would give him a beer. He was told no and that if he wanted anything to drink he should have brought it with him. Words ensued, and after a few minutes, he and the group he was with continued with their float. Almost 2 hours later he showed back up with a pistol, shot, and killed my wife's cousin.
After two years he was finally convicted of 1st-degree murder. The court proceedings were held in Missouri. While he was in prison he went through all the court stuff for being here illegally. He got sentenced to 15 years. He was released after 55 months. The family was at his parole hearing and we questioned the attorney about this situation. Those are the numbers he told us were normal. The attorney told us we were lucky that he did any time since he was an illegal. He said the state could have same themselves a lot of taxpayer money and just let the Fed deport him. He was then deported back to Mexico.
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/tssp16.pdf

This shows the average time served for murder (not 1st degree) or non-negligent manslaughter is 11.2 years.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:43 PM 09-07-2022
I am not agreeing or disagreeing with any sentence. I am just curious if you know that someone that commits murder generally does 3 to 5 with good behavior?
The word "generally" isn't too accurate, at least here in Missouri. Murder charges don't allow for much "good behavior" play.

As far as this case goes.... He's so fucking lucky they settled with the charge he they did. However, he better pray he doesn't get an actual prison sentence. If he does, the parole board has not been acting kindly to DD cases, so "Good Time Credit" will not apply in his case. I used to see these White/Blue collar guys come in on a DUI case all the time, chest puffed out because they're not "real criminals" and they're different and better than everyone else. They go on and on about how they need to be out to their real jobs and families ASAP, since they have that going on and the rest of us don't. Then because their lawyers told them they'll be eligible for parole after 0-15% of their time, they are so sure they'll go home on parole after 1 year of a 7 year sentence. Then they go see the Parole board, usually refuse to take accountability for how shitty of people they are, and then MADD shows up and the Parole Board slams with 80-90% of their sentence before release and they break down and go all suicidal. It's just lovely.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:56 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Potential sentence seems in line, I bet he doesn't get 7 years probably 1-3 since there wasn't a death.

Most people that get DWI's either don't get jail time or very little. Which I think is crap but just the way that it is.
MADD is making them come down hard in Missouri, especially if it's DUI #3 plus. I saw several guys get hit with their 4th DUI with no incident, meaning none of their DUIs resulted in crashes or injury, and end up pulling 5 or 6 years on a 10 year sentence.

Story time. This guy that I didn't know very well saw the parole board on the same day as me. He racked up 5 DUIs back in the 80's when they'd just slap you on the wrist. In 2013 he was driving to the liquor store a few blocks from his house and was pulled over and charged with his 6th DUI. The judge in Buchannon county did not care that he had been an upstanding citizen since 1990 and for his 6th DUI doled out a slightly below average new-age punishment of a 9 year sentence. The man told the Parole board that he did not belong in prison, he owned a construction company and had five children and a wife waiting for him at home. He told them that he'd held the same premium pay laundry job since arriving to DOC and had not been in any trouble. The parole board was friendly with him, then a lady from MAAD got to speak. She talked about her twin toddlers who were killed in a completely unrelated drunk driving incident and had everyone(including me) in tears. The Board got emotional and slammed the dude with the max amount of time to serve before parole eligibility.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:23 PM 09-07-2022
Regardless of how the sentence turns out, Britt Reid is sure skilled at creating distractions for Andy. The timing of this right before the season is a perfectly bad bookend to the timing of when he initially committed the crime. Maybe Britt should consider not drinking in the future.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:18 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Maybe Britt should consider not drinking in the future.
100%. Drinking alcohol doesn't really do anyone any favors.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:37 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
MADD is making them come down hard in Missouri, especially if it's DUI #3 plus. I saw several guys get hit with their 4th DUI with no incident, meaning none of their DUIs resulted in crashes or injury, and end up pulling 5 or 6 years on a 10 year sentence.

Story time. This guy that I didn't know very well saw the parole board on the same day as me. He racked up 5 DUIs back in the 80's when they'd just slap you on the wrist. In 2013 he was driving to the liquor store a few blocks from his house and was pulled over and charged with his 6th DUI. The judge in Buchannon county did not care that he had been an upstanding citizen since 1990 and for his 6th DUI doled out a slightly below average new-age punishment of a 9 year sentence. The man told the Parole board that he did not belong in prison, he owned a construction company and had five children and a wife waiting for him at home. He told them that he'd held the same premium pay laundry job since arriving to DOC and had not been in any trouble. The parole board was friendly with him, then a lady from MAAD got to speak. She talked about her twin toddlers who were killed in a completely unrelated drunk driving incident and had everyone(including me) in tears. The Board got emotional and slammed the dude with the max amount of time to serve before parole eligibility.
Good, fuck that dude. The thing with DUIs is that most of the time those people get pulled over because they're driving like jackasses.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up