ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 432
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 AM 11-05-2022
Crazy thing is we haven’t even seen MJ Rice yet.

That quartet of Wilson, Dick, McCullar, and Rice is going to cause major matchup issues.

Pettiford looks to be the front runner for backup point guard right now.

Udeh has ridiculous potential at the 5. I like Zuby and Clemence too.

Adams just needs to have a limited Swiss Army knife energy role.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:46 AM 11-05-2022
Dick looks like that kinda kid that we would hate if he played for Duke. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:52 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I consider a crap shoot to be completely random series of events. Like I said, kenpom shows that good teams consistently win the ncaa tournament. I know that there is randomness and upsets in the tournament, but when it all shakes out one of the top 5 or 10 teams in the country is almost always the champion.
Winning 6 games against top competition is going to give any team a huge boost on Kenpom.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that the champ isn't usually a top 10 team. I'd say it is the vast majority of the time. I think the point is that it's up in the air among at least a handful of teams in most seasons. Unless there's a team that's unusually dominant. But even those teams are far from guaranteed to come out on top.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:52 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
100%

We're just lucky he grew up here instead of somewhere on the East coast or that's where he'd be lol
[Reply]
Pablo 10:54 AM 11-05-2022
lol his dad is named Bart Dick. Epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 11:15 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
He unfortunately has that Jeffrey Dahmer look
[Reply]
Pablo 11:17 AM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He unfortunately has that Jeffrey Dahmer look
Now there's a guy that liked Dick.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:06 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Crazy thing is we haven’t even seen MJ Rice yet.

That quartet of Wilson, Dick, McCullar, and Rice is going to cause major matchup issues.

Pettiford looks to be the front runner for backup point guard right now.

Udeh has ridiculous potential at the 5. I like Zuby and Clemence too.

Adams just needs to have a limited Swiss Army knife energy role.
I think the key to this team is what Rice is, because he has to be a good 3 point shooter for this team to go anywhere significant this year. Mccullar is not a deep threat(career 29% from 3), and the entire reason Wilson is not in the NBA is because he is just not a good shooter either(26% from 3 last year). Dick has to play significant minutes because having Harris/Mccullar/Wilson as three locks in the lineup gives you no scoring punch at all. We saw what Pitt state did early: pack down low, play Wilson to drive, and live with the results and the results were not good for us because Adams and Udeh aren't scorers either. They need dick and rice to shoot because if rice struggles and dick is in foul trouble or something, we are going to really struggle to score consistently. The defense will certainly keep us in games but we are going to have to win lots of 62-57 type games to have a good season.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:09 PM 11-05-2022
I think it would be kind of alluring to play pointguardless lineup if you have KJ in. He could be like a point forward and you could score tons of points like this. Assuming hes as good of a passer as coachspeak says..which lets be honest is doubtful

MJ Rice
Gradey Dick
KJ Adams
Jalen Wilson
Zach Clemence
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:14 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I think the key to this team is what Rice is, because he has to be a good 3 point shooter for this team to go anywhere significant this year. Mccullar is not a deep threat(career 29% from 3), and the entire reason Wilson is not in the NBA is because he is just not a good shooter either(26% from 3 last year). Dick has to play significant minutes because having Harris/Mccullar/Wilson as three locks in the lineup gives you no scoring punch at all. We saw what Pitt state did early: pack down low, play Wilson to drive, and live with the results and the results were not good for us because Adams and Udeh aren't scorers either. They need dick and rice to shoot because if rice struggles and dick is in foul trouble or something, we are going to really struggle to score consistently. The defense will certainly keep us in games but we are going to have to win lots of 62-57 type games to have a good season.
I think Wilson can get his 3 point percentage up quite a bit this year. Maybe into the low 30’s. Last year was a little misleading, because he was ice cold for like the first half of the season. He was at like 15% for a really long time.

Clemence can really shoot it too. That should help create some spacing on offense.
[Reply]
sedated 01:54 PM 11-05-2022
The Wayne Selden comparison for MJ Rice is worrisome.

I hope this season isn't another one where we see Clemence do great things for the 2 minutes he's in and then rides the bench the rest of the game.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:45 PM 11-05-2022
I don't know if anyone is paying attention, but regular season kicks off tomorrow
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:51 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I don't know if anyone is paying attention, but regular season kicks off tomorrow
What a great time of year this is right now. KU Football experiencing success, Defending National champions Basketball started, the Royals have finally turned over this offseason with renewed excitement and youth on the roster, Lebron losing, and my favorite NFL football team the Kansas City Chiefs smashing faces. Life is good.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:58 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
What a great time of year this is right now. KU Football experiencing success, Defending National champions Basketball started, the Royals have finally turned over this offseason with renewed excitement and youth on the roster, Lebron losing, and my favorite NFL football team the Kansas City Chiefs smashing faces. Life is good.
Same (except the LeBron losing part, that's a travesty).
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:59 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Thinking that the key to a Bill Self season is the 3 point shooting of a freshman, is one of the most ridiculous KU takes in this thread.

Dick is a lottery pick, and will likely be one-and-done. JWil can be dominant at times, McCullar and Harris Jr. look like defensive stars, and can both provide offense at times on top of their defense.

Yesafu can be a talented scorer and defender. Pettiford has star potential, but can for sure be a super solid performer.

And the Head Coach is still MFing Bill Self.

But, yeah, if Rice can't hit 3s the season is over.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 46 of 432
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up