ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 333
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:16 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
It's gonna happen downtown. And a skyline view is the least of it. If you plopped a better version of the existing stadium; CF crown video/scoreboard, fountains, etc, nobody is gonna give a shit about the skyline. VERY few ballparks have a lovely skyline as part of the ambience.

And for 81 days, the downtown will be flooded with people going to games, buying stupid shit, eating, drinking, etc... And Sherman will sell the team at a huge profit. And the next owner will have a real challenge on his/her hands.
Not if they don't win.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:22 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Not if they don't win.
All they'll do is threaten to leave and they'll get it, no politician wants to be the one that lost a team.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:30 PM 03-08-2023

Royals Stadium also had AstroTurf. Ken Brett (who also played in Philly), Dick Howser, Dan Quisenberry among the Royals who died of brain cancer. https://t.co/276hrlp0n8

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) March 7, 2023

[Reply]
the steam 02:42 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
**** it, I like it.

Baseball was played at this speed in the 70's and 80's and there was nothing wrong with it. Not sure when anyone who has watched baseball or cares about the past has any complaints about the pitch clock. It's getting the speed of play back onto what used to happen. The game evolved to be slower and it isn't needed.

I like it too, if people who don't like it didn't know there was a pitch clock and were just watching the game they would probably think "Good game moving along nicely." But it's bullshit like this, trying to find loopholes in the rules that are gonna screw it up
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:52 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
It's gonna happen downtown. And a skyline view is the least of it. If you plopped a better version of the existing stadium; CF crown video/scoreboard, fountains, etc, nobody is gonna give a shit about the skyline. VERY few ballparks have a lovely skyline as part of the ambience.

And for 81 days, the downtown will be flooded with people going to games, buying stupid shit, eating, drinking, etc... And Sherman will sell the team at a huge profit. And the next owner will have a real challenge on his/her hands.
San Diego, Pittsburgh, etc. All have Sky line views and KC has a great skyline. To build a stadium without it is fucking stupid. Hopefully it goes to Joco or Clay County I don't want to pay for some half assed new stadium
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:14 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All they'll do is threaten to leave and they'll get it, no politician wants to be the one that lost a team.
I'm saying it won't be flooded for 81 games a year. They'll get the downtown stadium, but they won't get people in seats if they don't win.
[Reply]
tk13 08:31 PM 03-08-2023
Absolutely whipping the White Sox tonight. Greatest postseason manager of all time Ned Yost making an appearance in the TV booth.
[Reply]
srvy 08:45 PM 03-08-2023
Yep they just walked Massy off the field with an injury.
[Reply]
srvy 08:46 PM 03-08-2023
Ned doesn't look like he has aged a bit. Nose is a bit redder from the sauce:-)
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:42 PM 03-08-2023
CJ Alexander, that was impressive after George called him out prior to his AB
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:55 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
CJ Alexander, that was impressive after George called him out prior to his AB
Yeah,i just saw that too,i wonder if he's the real deal.I guess he was part of the Drew Waters trade from the Braves.I havent heard anything about Waters lately,i thought maybe he's injured or something.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Yeah,i just saw that too,i wonder if he's the real deal.I guess he was part of the Drew Waters trade from the Braves.I havent heard anything about Waters lately,i thought maybe he's injured or something.
He has an oblique injury.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:01 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He has an oblique injury.
Yikes...those can be lingering too.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:07 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yep they just walked Massy off the field with an injury.

#Royals say Michael Massey is day-to-day with an ankle contusion.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) March 9, 2023

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:37 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Time for Jon E Qweddo. Eat some innings

He’s eaten 3 innings this spring, allowing 9 earned runs
[Reply]
Page 34 of 333
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up