ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 51
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:26 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Well if anyone is great at helping at-risk youth with substance abuse issues it's Andy Reid.
Oh, my!
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:26 PM 04-26-2013
Well if anyone is great at helping at-risk youth with substance abuse issues it's Andy Reid.
:-) Holy Shit
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:26 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-) You're a joke.
yea i'm the joke for calling what this new regime was going to do months ago by pushing Scooter draft pick turds out the door with their own players and homer idiots like you said that would never happen.

**** yourself
[Reply]
Contrarian 07:27 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by beer bacon:
Yes, we are not far from being THE STUPIDEST FRANCHISE EVAR. No playoff victories in 20 years and no QB drafted in the first round the last 30. We haven't even tried to develop our own QB in the last 20 years. All we do is sign and trade for other team's castoffs.
I'll take Joe Montana, Trent Green, I'll even take Alex Smith with the qb rating he had before he got hurt in a game he won. What is wrong with that?
You can look back on all the shit seasons Alex has had as a 1st round pick with a different coordinator each year and a different coach every two years that weren't quality coaches and are not coaching in the league today and make your judgements but you're gonna be proved wrong. Especially with the protection Reid is putting in front of him.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:28 PM 04-26-2013
I really want to laugh at this. Lol.
[Reply]
-King- 07:28 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
yea i'm the joke for calling what this new regime was going to do months ago by pushing Scooter draft pick turds out the door with their own players and homer idiots like you said that would never happen.

**** yourself
Holy run on sentence.

BTW, link to me saying that it wouldn't happen. Thanks.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 07:29 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, we may late but QB is definitely not a hole that needs to be filled at the moment.
Yep next year will be better. And the fact we don't even have a average QB on the roster doesn't factor into it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:29 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
I've watched a lot of Cincy games. This guy is a stud. Great athlete who is just scratching the surface of what he can do.
Hey imagine that!! Someone else who's seen him play thinks he's a pretty good player.
[Reply]
-King- 07:29 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Contrarian:
I'll take Joe Montana, Trent Green, I'll even take Alex Smith with the qb rating he had before he got hurt in a game he won. What is wrong with that?
You can look back on all the shit seasons Alex has had as a 1st round pick with a different coordinator each year and a different coach every two years that weren't quality coaches and are not coaching in the league today and make your judgements but you're gonna be proved wrong. Especially with the protection Reid is putting in front of him.
You realize, that this same argument can be used for Cassel right? Literally the same argument. He's been in a different system every year of his career. The two years he was had competent coaching he had 21 touchdowns and 27 touchdowns respectively.
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:30 PM 04-26-2013
Kelce is a good player, but it proves the fact that Tony Moeaki ISNT a good player. that's all.
[Reply]
Shox 07:30 PM 04-26-2013
Kelce was a guy I hoped the Chiefs would go after. I think it was a round to early, but maybe not. One of the NFL network guys said he expected him to go early in the 3rd.

We need to upgrade of receivers badly and this draft is not very good at WR. This is a good pick for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
-King- 07:30 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by PGM:
Hey imagine that!! Someone else who's seen him play thinks he's a pretty good player.
Welp, guess you can't complain about Eric Fisher either. People who have seen him play say he's a beast too.
[Reply]
Brock 07:31 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Contrarian:
It's worked great in the past!
[Reply]
Saul Good 07:31 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Brock:
I sure hope so.
Think Jeremy Shockey type player...obviously that's his upside, but they play a similar style with similar skill sets.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:32 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
Yep next year will be better. And the fact we don't even have a average QB on the roster doesn't factor into it.
WTF?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 51
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up