ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Buehler445 02:05 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
The whole concept of the Flag Smashers is just dumb as hell. They want to restore things to how they were when half of the universe disappeared? Really? You're going to use terrorism to reunite the world? Really? Led by a skinny freckled ginger girl with a British accent? Really? And the general public is like "Yes, this is a thing that I would like to support by joining your violent revolution! Let's all meet at the park?"

The whole series feels like cheap filler scenes cut from other Marvel movies. Bad writing. There's just nothing there to give it any individuality. Mostly feels meaningless with just enough sprinkles of interest to keep me watching.
Well, to be fair most groups calling for violent revolution, regardless of ideology are largely dumb. Most of the tenants are not well thought out, the strategies are a joke outside of “attack”. Even like radical jihadists who have a real beef with who they’re attacking, most of their rhetoric is dumb as fuck.

Quick overview of any of the rhetoric from any of these groups, whether it’s Occupy WallStreet, BLM, KKK, Proudboys, military douches in Africa, 3%ers, whatever. They’re largely chuckleheads.

And what percentage of the population is fucking morons. If there is 6B people on earth, and only half would be eligible for this fucktardery, 3B of people could be open to this. If it’s .01% of the population, that means 3 million people would be down. If you look at the KC Metro with 500K that’s 25 people in the KC Metro. And think about your daily lives. Is it really 1 in 10,000 people you meet that are morons? That’s a pretty conservative number. And plus some of the people with no place to go after being snapped back would probably join just because they don’t have anything else.

Not a real stretch for me.

You start extrapolating retards out across big populations and it gets scary quick. Nonetheless, I didn’t have too much trouble with it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:14 PM 04-18-2021
The whole show is fucking laughable. Any government with decent spec ops would have popped a cap in Karly's head from 200 yards already. She's out in the open a lot. She'd be fucking dead.

John Walker is the only one with the balls to actually do something about amateur terrorists (do they even have guns? they are laughably under-armed), and yet somehow he is played up to be more of a bad guy than Karly.

This series better end one way - the death or life imprisonment of Karly, or it is sending a horrible message to the kids watching.

This "villains are a gray area" message is dangerous. The producers and writers of this show are a bunch of idiots.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:43 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The whole show is ****ing laughable. Any government with decent spec ops would have popped a cap in Karly's head from 200 yards already. She's out in the open a lot. She'd be ****ing dead.

John Walker is the only one with the balls to actually do something about amateur terrorists (do they even have guns? they are laughably under-armed), and yet somehow he is played up to be more of a bad guy than Karly.

This series better end one way - the death or life imprisonment of Karly, or it is sending a horrible message to the kids watching.

This "villains are a gray area" message is dangerous. The producers and writers of this show are a bunch of idiots.
The show is so boring that I rarely pay too close attention (especially to the Flag Smasher scenes), but didn’t she blow up a building earlier with people in it that resulted in a lot of deaths that even the guy she was with was like WTF?

Yeah, she really shouldn’t be being portrayed as morally gray here. If she gets some kind of redemption at the end of this, it’s another failure on the writers.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:13 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The whole show is ****ing laughable. Any government with decent spec ops would have popped a cap in Karly's head from 200 yards already. She's out in the open a lot. She'd be ****ing dead.

Yeah - the writers aren’t nuanced enough to really capture a true “grey area” with Karly. Basically their way of doing it is by telling us there’s “grey.”

To compare it to Game of Thrones. It reminds me of how so many Game of Thrones characters were saying Dany was evil to remind the audience without Dany actually doing anything to earn that title (seriously, Arya? You’re mad that Dany executed enemies of war after you massacred the Freys and fed Walder’s sons to him?)

Writing grey, nuanced characters is tough, and so far the writers to TFATWS are falling short of the mark (if that’s what their endgame is here).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:00 PM 04-18-2021
tenets
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
tenets

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:40 PM 04-18-2021
It's also quite evident she was cast based upon her character in Solo.

There the writers actually did a good job with that character, seeing as how she wasn't a fucking mass murderer.

There's also a key distinction here where we don't actually see "the bad guys" doing anything bad - it's just alluded to. So we don't ever really develop a hate for the bad guy.

Then the instant we do see something bad happen at their hands - the murder of Walker's buddy - it is used to tear down one of "the good guys."

I think the loan approval guy at the bank is a bigger villain in this show than Karly and her Flag Smashers.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:02 PM 04-19-2021
This boat montage is super indulgent.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:08 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
This boat montage is super indulgent.
If that white boy Tony Stark gets a suit-building montage, by jove our Black Character of Flawless Character and Honor TM GETS A BOAT BUILDING MONTAGE.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:45 AM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:41 AM 04-23-2021
Very "meh" finale. It would probably register a little better in my mind had WandaVision not come out first. WandaVision was better by leaps and bounds. Maybe it will improve after I watch some of the nerds easter egg videos on youtube later today, but just very "meh."
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:16 AM 04-23-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:37 PM 04-23-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Spoiler!
At this point in time, there are no plans for a Season 2 of TFATWS but the same team of producers and writers of the series have been greenlit to produce Captain America 4, with Sam Wilson as Captain America.

I've heard that Marvel is developing another Captain America film but with Chris Evans as Steve Rogers but it's really too early to make a definitive announcement and considering that Sam and Steve both had the title of Captain America at various times in the comic, it's probably more likely than not that it will happen.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:27 PM 04-23-2021
I rather hope they give Zemo his own show at some point. By far the best thing about the B&S show.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up