ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Murder She Wrote
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:27 PM 01-23-2022
Any posters here still watch the show?

It is a classic. Angela Lansbury played the role perfectly.
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:11 PM 01-24-2022
She looked about the same her whole life.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:09 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This show and Hart to Hart always cracked me up. Every week, everywhere they go, somebody gets whacked. I mean, how stupid a premise is that? If I ever saw Jonathan and Jennifer walking towards me on the sidewalk, I'd run like hell in the other direction.
Heh. I’ll never understand how one of the killers couldn’t just whack this 60 year old hag who was snooping around their house??
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:44 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Any posters here still watch the show?

It is a classic. Angela Lansbury played the role perfectly.
Sure, but not in a while.
Probably even longer than since the Raiders last won a playoff game.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:15 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Sure, but not in a while.
Probably even longer than since the Raiders last won a playoff game.
So we are both missing out. :-)
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:11 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
So we are both missing out. :-)
Holy cow...look at the list of guest stars on this show....

Originally Posted by :
Academy Award winners Martin Balsam, Tony Bill, Ernest Borgnine, George Chakiris, José Ferrer, Kim Hunter, Shirley Jones, Patricia Neal, Mickey Rooney, Claire Trevor, Eli Wallach (Honorary Oscar winner) and Teresa Wright appeared, as did Lisa Blount, George Clooney, James Coburn, Grant Heslov, and Martin Landau who won Oscars after their appearances on the show.

Other notables (many appearing in different episodes as different characters) included Edie Adams, Eddie Albert, Norman Alden, June Allyson, Melissa Sue Anderson, Michael Ansara, Elizabeth Ashley, Carroll Baker, Diane Baker, Joanna Barnes, Patricia Barry, Bonnie Bartlett, Ned Beatty, Brian Bedford, Noah Beery, Jr., Robert Beltran, Marisa Berenson, Polly Bergen, Milton Berle, Richard Beymer, Theodore Bikel, Susan Blakely, Vivian Blaine, Janet Blair, Ann Blyth, Lloyd Bochner, Eileen Brennan, Georgia Brown, Capucine, Lynn Carlin, Joan Caulfield, Maxwell Caulfield, Chuck Connors, William Conrad, Michael Constantine, Bert Convy, Jackie Cooper, Robert Culp, Charlie Daniels, Laraine Day, Yvonne De Carlo, Peter Donat, Brad Dourif, Nancy Dussault, Herb Edelman, Tom Ewell, Mel Ferrer, Fionnula Flanagan, Steve Forrest, Anne Francis, Betty Garrett, Dody Goodman, Elliott Gould, Robert Goulet, Stewart Granger, Jane Greer and Clu Gulager.

In addition, Buddy Hackett, June Havoc, Tippi Hedren, Florence Henderson, Arthur Hill, Earl Holliman, Ken Howard, Marsha Hunt, Richard Jaeckel, Anne Jeffreys, Richard Johnson, Elaine Joyce, Evelyn Keyes, Sally Kirkland, Dorothy Lamour, Piper Laurie, Carol Lawrence, Steve Lawrence, Michael Learned, Joan Leslie, Audra Lindley, Laurence Luckinbill, Gisele Mackenzie, Janet MacLachlan, Virginia Mayo, Roddy McDowall, John McMartin, Kristy McNichol, Jean Marsh, Anne Meara, Audrey Meadows, Jayne Meadows, Marian Mercer, Dina Merrill, Vera Miles, Martin Milner, Ricardo Montalban, Terry Moore, Pat Morita, Anita Morris, Kate Mulgrew, Edward Mulhare, Rosemary Murphy, Lois Nettleton, Leslie Nielsen, James Noble, Lloyd Nolan, Sheree North, France Nuyen, Dan O'Herlihy, Dick O'Neill, Susan Oliver, Betsy Palmer, Eleanor Parker, Millie Perkins, Nehemiah Persoff, Jean Peters, Jane Powell, Mala Powers, Paula Prentiss, Lawrence Pressman, Juliet Prowse, Charlotte Rae, Lynn Redgrave, Robert Reed, Clive Revill, Beah Richards, Doris Roberts, Dale Robertson, Eugene Roche, Roxie Roker, Cesar Romero, Mickey Rooney, and Richard Roundtree, George Segal, Marian Seldes, Carolyn Seymour, Jean Simmons, Carrie Snodgress, Richard Stahl, Robert Sterling, Connie Stevens, Stella Stevens, David Ogden Stiers, Jerry Stiller, Gale Storm, Gloria Stuart, Loretta Swit, Audrey Totter, Lurene Tuttle, Brenda Vaccaro, Dick Van Patten, Shani Wallis, Ray Walston, Jessica Walter, David Wayne, Stuart Whitman, Mary Wickes, Cornel Wilde, Elizabeth Wilson, Marie Windsor, Jane Withers, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. all made appearances, some more than once.

Future Academy Award nominees Danielle Brisebois, Andy García, Jackie Earle Haley, and Joaquin Phoenix all appeared. Future television and/or soap opera stars, including Kristian Alfonso, Jane Badler, Jonathan Brandis, Amy Brenneman, Courteney Cox, Bryan Cranston, Marcia Cross, Stacy Edwards, Anthony Michael Hall, Neil Patrick Harris, Jane Leeves, Bill Maher, Julianna Margulies, Kathryn Morris, Megan Mullally, Cynthia Nixon, John O'Hurley, Jeri Ryan, and Raphael Sbarge, also appeared.
https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of...te_guest_stars

[Reply]
BWillie 03:25 PM 01-26-2022
My god, apparently she's still alive and almost 100. Good for her.

[Reply]
tredadda 11:20 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This show and Hart to Hart always cracked me up. Every week, everywhere they go, somebody gets whacked. I mean, how stupid a premise is that? If I ever saw Jonathan and Jennifer walking towards me on the sidewalk, I'd run like hell in the other direction.
I always thought Matlock was pretty funny under the premise that his client could not be the murderer because ________ (who also happened to be on the stand at that time) was the real killer.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:21 PM 01-26-2022

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:10 AM 01-27-2022
I mainly thought of this as an 80s tv show but read that it lasted until 1996, with 4 TV movies after that for the next 4-5 years.

Also, from Wiki:

Murder occurred with such regularity in her vicinity that the term "Cabot Cove syndrome" was coined to describe the constant appearance of dead bodies in remote locations. Indeed, if Cabot Cove existed in real life, it would top the FBI's national crime statistics in numerous categories, with some analysis suggesting that the homicide rate in Cabot Cove exceeds even that of the real-life murder capital of the world.

:-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:25 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I mainly thought of this as an 80s tv show but read that it lasted until 1996, with 4 TV movies after that for the next 4-5 years.

Also, from Wiki:

Murder occurred with such regularity in her vicinity that the term "Cabot Cove syndrome" was coined to describe the constant appearance of dead bodies in remote locations. Indeed, if Cabot Cove existed in real life, it would top the FBI's national crime statistics in numerous categories, with some analysis suggesting that the homicide rate in Cabot Cove exceeds even that of the real-life murder capital of the world.

:-)
There is a great fan theory that Jessica is the real murderer and she just frames people. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:18 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
My grandpa used to want to bang Angela Lansbury so hard.

I mean, I get it...
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:06 PM 01-27-2022
All those Hollywood Studio babes back in the 1940s could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up