Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:29 AM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You'll be fine. Although you should watch the original movies from the 70s/80s.

Boba Fett was a fairly minor character in the original trilogy. He got a little extra backstory in Episode II, but Episode II sucks balls and isn't worth watching. Basically all the clones in the Clone Wars were based on Boba Fett's father. The father was killed by Jedi (lightsaber decapitation), and the kid was shown holding the father's helmet in his hands after the death, which would lead one to believe that he was (a) traumatized, and (b) not a big fan of the Jedi going forward. However, the Mouseverse version of Boba is quite different from the movies, where he was a ruthless, all business bounty hunter.
I’m sure you already know this, but here was the original Boba Fett appearance (pre Empire Strikes Back) included in the Star Wars Holiday Special in 1979

https://youtu.be/jsNwP_1kTZQ
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM 01-16-2022
I've been......whelmed.......by the show. It's fine enough and I'll keep watching, but it hasn't scratched that Rogue One itch like I was hoping it would.
[Reply]
notorious 11:49 AM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've been......whelmed.......by the show. It's fine enough and I'll keep watching, but it hasn't scratched that Rogue One itch like I was hoping it would.
Rogue One was special.

The Luke scene in The Mandalorian managed to hit that point.

I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
notorious 11:49 AM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Rogue One was special.

The Luke scene in The Mandalorian managed to hit that point.

I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:23 PM 01-16-2022
This show is ok so far. I like Black Krrsantan showing up is cool and a rancor is cool too. Hoping for something better. Mando was much better so far.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:02 PM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m sure you already know this, but here was the original Boba Fett appearance (pre Empire Strikes Back) included in the Star Wars Holiday Special in 1979

https://youtu.be/jsNwP_1kTZQ
I have no memory of seeing that as a child. Of course, in '79 I would have been 14, old enough to realize what a piece of shit it was and stop watching fairly quickly.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:03 PM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This show is ok so far. I like Black Krrsantan showing up is cool and a rancor is cool too. Hoping for something better. Mando was much better so far.
I assume the wookie will be back to save the day at some point. He now owes Boba a life debt.
[Reply]
notorious 03:05 PM 01-16-2022
I assume the wookie will be back to save the day at some point. He now owes Boba a life debt.
Yeah, they telegraphed the hell out of that.

Fett will unite the Sand People, and attain the help of several badasses to build his empire.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah, they telegraphed the hell out of that.

Fett will unite the Sand People, and attain the help of several badasses to build his empire.
Oh, I'm sure. That pile of bodies wasn't big enough to account for all of them.
[Reply]
kepp 03:02 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I found episode 3 to be lacking. Honestly felt like fanfic.
Agreed...didn't enjoy ep3 at all
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:54 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
art is subjective, so it's perfectly ok to like/not like something.

But that show is FAR from low-budget.
Yeah, I'm not digging it as well as the Mandalorian but its definitely not a low budget series.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:05 PM 01-18-2022
Do new episodes drop on Fridays?
[Reply]
stumppy 06:36 PM 01-18-2022
Do new episodes drop on Fridays?
I think it's on Wed.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:15 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I think it's on Wed.
It is definitely on Wednesdays
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:50 PM 01-19-2022
"credits can buy you muscle, if you know where to look . . . "

Gosh, what could that final music cue mean?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:30 PM 01-19-2022
:-)

Luke Skywalker's Tatooine was an isolated desert world where nothing ever happened that bored him to tears. But just a few years later, by BOOK OF BOBA FETT, the place has big cities and even a bustling nightlife. When are we getting THIS story?

— Lon Harris (@Lons) January 19, 2022

[Reply]
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up