ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 71
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
tredadda 09:27 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
I for one hope we keep Matthieu. We don’t have a SB without him. I still think he’s a top 5 safety in the NFL.
And he's gonna want to be paid accordingly. This team can't afford that as they need to address the DE spot as well as Tyreek and possibly Brown.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:33 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
I for one hope we keep Matthieu. We don’t have a SB without him. I still think he’s a top 5 safety in the NFL.
Chunt just said he isn't going anywhere.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:44 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And he's gonna want to be paid accordingly. This team can't afford that as they need to address the DE spot as well as Tyreek and possibly Brown.
If they designate Frank Clark as a post-June 1 cut, he counts about $7M in dead cap but saves the team just under $20M.

They need to start there and then see what the landscape looks like.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:48 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they designate Frank Clark as a post-June 1 cut, he counts about $7M in dead cap but saves the team just under $20M.

They need to start there and then see what the landscape looks like.
Mahomes is going to eat up every bit of that unless they open up another one of his piggy banks.

Veach has already said that they are WAY over for next year. So Clark is gone. Mahomes eats that money up. Orlando Brown is likely going to get the franchise tag. Going to have to figure out how to pay Hill in a year. I would be really shocked if they somehow find a way to make Mathieu fit, ignoring how much of a bad idea it is in the first place to pay him the kind of money he wants at the age he is and the position he plays.

Chris Jones' cap hit is also going up by $21M.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:59 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Mahomes is going to eat up every bit of that unless they open up another one of his piggy banks.

Veach has already said that they are WAY over for next year. So Clark is gone. Mahomes eats that money up. Orlando Brown is likely going to get the franchise tag. Going to have to figure out how to pay Hill in a year. I would be really shocked if they somehow find a way to make Mathieu fit, ignoring how much of a bad idea it is in the first place to pay him the kind of money he wants at the age he is and the position he plays.
Mahomes' money is already factored into the cap for the rest of the contract - you don't think Veach knows how to plan ahead? Mahomes isn't going to be asking for a pay raise after this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 11-19-2021
And by the way, I said they need to see what the landscape looks like.

That means evaluating Brown's situation, cutting Clark, figuring out what to do with Tyreek Hill, etc. I wasn't ignoring any of those.

At the end of the day, I think it's been repeatedly demonstrated, especially by this current Chiefs front office, that if they want to do something, they'll find a way to get it done.

I'm not fond of the idea of giving HB a huge contract at his age but if that's what they want to do, they're not going to let the cap get in the way.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:12 PM 11-19-2021
Mahomes' money is already factored into the cap for the rest of the contract - you don't think Veach knows how to plan ahead? Mahomes isn't going to be asking for a pay raise after this season.
Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't them restructuring Mahomes contract just push his salary or cap charge down the road meaning that it gets more expensive every time they do it? I honestly don't know which is why I ask.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:14 PM 11-19-2021
And by the way, I said they need to see what the landscape looks like.

That means evaluating Brown's situation, cutting Clark, figuring out what to do with Tyreek Hill, etc. I wasn't ignoring any of those.

At the end of the day, I think it's been repeatedly demonstrated, especially by this current Chiefs front office, that if they want to do something, they'll find a way to get it done.

I'm not fond of the idea of giving HB a huge contract at his age but if that's what they want to do, they're not going to let the cap get in the way.
They are going to definitely have to find a way to get Tyreek signed. He is on a HOF trajectory and he is just hitting his prime. Plus with how much Mahomes depends on him, I can't imagine what our offense would look like without him.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:34 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The last two bumps of this thread were not worth it. It makes chiefs planet look bad to have this thread on front page as if any social media activity by Tyrann Mathieu ought to make this a mega thread. Maybe start a new thread for people that want to monitor a player’s social media and gripe about it on chiefs planet. This thread went 9 days dropping down the thread list and it gets bumped over something not worth the bad feelings the title of the thread causes. I will just use the ignore thread feature. Maybe this thread could go to Romper Room and people that want to keep up with Tyrann’s social media can have a ball without making the main page look bad.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:38 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Matheiu did not say nothing about me.

I think his criticism was directed at the assholes who start polls asking how much of a dumbass Brett Veach is and what player sucks the most even though team wins and those players are leaders on the team.

If any of those assholes are better than Brett Veach, get a job in sports management and prove it.

Bumping this thread so that it is on the front page of chiefs planet because Matheiu praised a player who had a heckuva game as a rookie QB Sunday is kind of an example of part of the fan base being kind of shitty.

This thread being on the front page after an apology was made a while ago kind of speaks for itself.
And you are one of the dumbshits thinking that is unique to the Chiefs fanbase?

The Chiefs fanbase is tame/civil in comparison to many other fanbases… college and pro.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:25 PM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Sounds like Chiefsplanet to me.

I hope we ink him long term...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:13 AM 11-20-2021
Bump
[Reply]
tredadda 12:19 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Bump
:-). Keep this up and you won't be getting a Christmas card from someone.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:22 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
:-). Keep this up and you won't be getting a Christmas card from someone.
Edit.....

Well I said something dumb so we'll just pretend it didn't happen.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:40 AM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I didn't even catch that. But yeah the 'side arm,' comment appears to be directed at Mahomes.
Not directed "at Mahomes"

It's directed at KC fans and media "about" Mahomes.

I could see how this might be a small attempt to butter the Patriots up. They like veterans, and like having versatile players on defense. Mathieu fits the Patriots pretty well, other than his size.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 71
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 > Last »
Up