ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Wtf no Squid Game thread?
dlphg9 11:55 PM 10-18-2021
So started watching this dubbed in English and made it 1.5 episodes. The voice overs are atrocious and the way that it was translated just makes it sound even worse. I legit thought that people had just gone completely nuts for liking this shit show.

Then I changed it to Korean with English subs. Soooo much better. The voice acting by the English was just completely over the top and none of the voices matched the characters. Will be finishing this tomorrow I'd say.

I just can't believe we don't have a thread for this. It's probably going to Netflixs biggest show/movie ever.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 06:27 PM 01-22-2022
I watch UrinatingTree on youtube, a channel focused on NFL games. Every week, he does a humorous breakdown of all the games and how the teams/players are doing.

For this season, every week that a team got mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, he'd play a Squid Game death scene with the eliminated team's logo over the person's face.

It was these scenes that finally got me to watch the series.

Definitely better in Korean with English subtitles, but the "green light red light" game makes more sense in English. In English, it's two short, separate phrases, so it's easy to catch someone moving. In Korean, however, it's one single, longer phrase. Not sure how you get caught moving.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:29 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Just finished this. It was pretty good.

So with that ending is it safe to assume they are planning another season?
They seem to set it up for that. It could get real interesting. Imagine if the lead guy rigs the games to put the VIPs up against each other. Feel like it’s inevitable he’ll be trying to screw them over somehow.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:42 PM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They seem to set it up for that. It could get real interesting. Imagine if the lead guy rigs the games to put the VIPs up against each other. Feel like it’s inevitable he’ll be trying to screw them over somehow.
Also, leaving the fate of the undercover officer (and the status of his text messages) vague and unresolved.

I'm curious, though, what a guy with $40 million is going to do against an organization backed and funded by the financial/influential equivalent of the Illuminati.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up