ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Question about some lab results
TLO 05:08 PM 09-26-2020
www.chiefsplanet.com is where I head to get all of my medical questions answered! (Seriously though I know we have some people here knowledgeable about this stuff)

Went in to do my yearly drug screening due to me taking a benzodiazepine on a regular basis about a week ago. Got the results a day later along with a call from my doctor saying that my test came back negative for benzos. They asked me if I had been taking the medication as prescribed, which I have. They said no big deal, we'll just redo the test.

Did the sample again yesterday, and again it was negative. The doctors office isn't open today so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anyone know why I'd be coming up negative on the screening? Klonipon is the drug, if that helps any.
[Reply]
Otter 02:57 PM 09-22-2021
I suspect your girlfriend is involved. Urine or pills are tampered with.
[Reply]
TLO 04:24 PM 09-22-2021
People with knowledge of lab work.. I need your help. I followed up with the nurse, and was told I need to repeat the same test, and if it comes back negative, I will either

A. Be discharged as a patient
B. Be taken off the medication.

I drove out to their office and spoke with them in person and got the same nurse I talked to on the phone. I told her I would take any test they wanted to give me, but that I've been through this before, and that repeating the same test would very likely result in a false negative. I asked to speak to my psychiatrist. Not in office. Asked to speak to the clinic manager. Not in office. She's going to relay my concerns to the doc and the head of the lab department tomorrow though.

Is there ac specific test I should request to have done? I did verify through Quest that the test that finally gave me the right results last year is no longer offered in this area, though it's offered in other parts of the country.
[Reply]
TLO 06:50 PM 09-22-2021
Bump for the night crew
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:12 PM 09-22-2021
Not sure what to tell you but I would have killed for that skill in my younger years
(The ability to take drugs and piss clean that is)

Monitor your pills to make sure nobody is swapping them out for placebo. Try a different pharmacy. See if you can get on steve wilcos show, he can help get to the bottom of this.

I was able to quit taking alprazalam years back and I'm grateful for it, good luck!

Oh, you might try drinking less water the day you are going to be tested, have seen where if you drink a lot of water it can fuck with results
[Reply]
TLO 07:34 PM 09-22-2021
dlphg9
Fat Elvis
Hammas

Any of you guys around?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:43 PM 09-22-2021
Are U a hypochondriac? I’ll let U in on a little secret. Nobody gets out of this alive.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:11 PM 09-22-2021
Could you go to the office for a week each day and take the pill in front of them, then do the test to show them? Just a thought from a laymen that takes no drugs...
[Reply]
Fish 09:44 PM 09-22-2021
Pretty sure you're supposed to poop in the box and mail it back.

You're welcome.
[Reply]
TLO 10:06 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Could you go to the office for a week each day and take the pill in front of them, then do the test to show them? Just a thought from a laymen that takes no drugs...
I actually thought about this.
[Reply]
TLO 10:07 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Are U a hypochondriac? I’ll let U in on a little secret. Nobody gets out of this alive.
Panic disorder.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
dlphg9
Fat Elvis
Hammas

Any of you guys around?
I don't have a ton of background in analytical chemistry (mainly plugging and chugging with samples from drug production), but what dlphg9 mentioned last year should still be applicable. Mass spectrometry should be able to pick up incredibly small concentrations of the analyte of interest in the sample.

If you were able to identify the issue last year and the same problem arises, then it is almost certainly the same issue given that you were redirected back to a problematic test.

Half-life of elimination is variable for clonazepam, anywhere from 17-60 hours. At the low end of the spectrum, a drug with a 17 hour half life would take 85 hours to clear roughly 95% from your body. At the high end, it would be 300 hours, so almost two weeks.

I'd also add that the office threatening to withhold your prescription for a benzo is a dangerous precedent given that acute withdrawal can precipitate a seizure.
[Reply]
TLO 10:22 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
They did this

DRUG MONITOR, BENZO, QN, URINE

AlphahydroxyalprazolamNEGATIVE
25 ng/mL
AlphahydroxymidazolamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
AlphahydroxytriazolamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
Aminoclonazepam710 H
25 ng/mL
HydroxyethylflurazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
LorazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
NordiazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
OxazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
TemazepamNEGATIVE
50 ng/mL
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I don't have a ton of background in analytical chemistry (mainly plugging and chugging with samples from drug production), but what dlphg9 mentioned last year should still be applicable. Mass spectrometry should be able to pick up incredibly small concentrations of the analyte of interest in the sample.

If you were able to identify the issue last year and the same problem arises, then it is almost certainly the same issue given that you were redirected back to a problematic test.

Half-life of elimination is variable for clonazepam, anywhere from 17-60 hours. At the low end of the spectrum, a drug with a 17 hour half life would take 85 hours to clear roughly 95% from your body. At the high end, it would be 300 hours, so almost two weeks.

I'd also add that the office threatening to withhold your prescription for a benzo is a dangerous precedent given that acute withdrawal can precipitate a seizure.
Thank you. Trying to explain this to the nurse at the office today made me feel like I was bashing my head against a brick wall. I was trying not to lose my patience with her, but she was treating me like some scumbag that was filling my script and then selling the pills.

Tomorrow hopefully I can talk to the doc, or someone else that will actually listen to what I have to say.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:26 PM 09-22-2021
After reading this thread and doing some Dr. Google research, I have come to this conclusion.

You haven't drank enough antifreeze, you for some reason seem to be avoiding AIDS trees, dumpster fires, Billay, and buttfucking morons. I suggest you up the dose on all the fore mentioned.

Also you are gay. Possibly pregnant
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:32 PM 09-22-2021
Could you request a different similar med that tends to show up like it's supposed to?
[Reply]
TLO 10:43 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Could you request a different similar med that tends to show up like it's supposed to?
I mean, maybe? Or they could just order the test that will give them the results they are looking for.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up