ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
Frazod 04:55 PM 02-21-2019
This video popped up on my YouTube feed. Seemed like a good basis for a thread.

The five films discussed in the video, panned by various Brits to the general disdain of other Brits off camera, are The Shining, Forrest Gump, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Gone With the Wind and The Blair Witch Project.

I think the first three guys are mostly nuts, wholeheartedly agree regarding GWTW, and argue that Blair Witch was never great in the first place.

So what great movie(s) do you hate? I'll chime my picks in later.
[Reply]
srvy 08:21 PM 02-21-2019
Oh I forgot.

Pearl Harbor- What a POS Tora Tora Tora is still the champ on this one.
[Reply]
srvy 08:22 PM 02-21-2019
Dances with Wolves
[Reply]
Otter 08:25 PM 02-21-2019
Forest Gump

I still say that whore stuck forest with baby that wasn't his and I've never been a Tom Hanks fan then he managed to top it off with that stupid slow, southern drawl of an accent.

Pearl Harbor 2001

Good God what a shit show. A Ben Affleck love story spun on one of the biggest events in American History. I should have known better than to watch that abortion when I saw the highlights but I'm a WWII buff.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 08:26 PM 02-21-2019
Behind the Green Door
[Reply]
srvy 08:37 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Forest Gump

I still say that whore stuck forest with baby that wasn't his and I've never been a Tom Hanks fan then he managed to top it off with that stupid slow, southern drawl of an accent.

Pearl Harbor 2001

Good God what a shit show. A Ben Affleck love story spun on one of the biggest events in American History. I should have known better than to watch that abortion when I saw the highlights but I'm a WWII buff.
Im not a Hanks fan either I never could get over that TV program Bosom Buddies. I did like Gump but most the rest I can take or leave except SPR which was much more about that day and story than it was about Hanks.
[Reply]
notorious 09:11 PM 02-21-2019
Titanic.

Dude where’s my car.

Just about every Tarantino movie after the first half of Dusk til Dawn.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Wizard of Oz.

I despise that film.

Rudy has never held my attention.

I don't hate the LOTR movies, but I found them excruciating.
My only real problem was with the last LOTR movie. It should have ended at the coronation ceremony when everybody bowed to the hobbits. Camera pans back, music swells, credits roll. Perfect. Except it went on for another pointless and excruciating 30-40 minutes, which seemed like hour because I had to pee. Fuckers. I damned near didn't make it to the theater bathroom.

Dances With Wolves and Born on the Fourth of July are two other movies that kept going well past the point they should have ended, to their detriment. Especially Born on the Fourth of July, which I also really disliked.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:18 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
The old Star Wars, new ones made me hate them all.

Inception, I only saw it once but I remember not liking it and wasn't very interested when I watched it.

The Usual Suspects, meh. Some girl I was dating hyped me up as the best movie ever and we watched it and I was like "meh" and she got pissed that I didn't like it.
I doubt we could be friends. Holy shit.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:18 PM 02-21-2019
Ok I'll say it.

Gladiator. Crowe over-acted and the story line was nothing unique.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:22 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ok I'll say it.

Gladiator. Crowe over-acted and the story line was nothing unique.
I hated it
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:23 PM 02-21-2019
Titanic. I was hoping they all fucking died about ten minutes in
[Reply]
srvy 09:34 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I hated it
Joaquin Phoenix saved that movie and made it bearable.
[Reply]
1claire 09:44 PM 02-21-2019
Scream (Stab) - I love the first film but I hate the next, I feel like its a never-ending Sidney Prescott story. The last one is my least favorite.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:53 PM 02-21-2019
Battlefield Earth.

Oh, wait. Everyone thinks that one sucks.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:37 PM 02-21-2019
Some others:

Moonstruck. Holy shit. What a horrible, incoherent, stupid mess. I practically had to be restrained to stay in my seat, and the only reason I didn't leave is that I hadn't driven to theater. A scenery-chewing, screaming Nicholas Cage, a befuddled Cher dumping her boyfriend for him, and some old Italian guy walking his dogs shouting out "a la luna!" That's all I remember. Wish I could block it out.

Once Upon A Time In America. Another overrated turd that I had never seen and wish I still hadn't seen. Loved the ending where DeNiro rapes his childhood sweetheart and then gets blitzed in an opium den. That's nice. Good ol' Noodles.

Thin Red Line. I lasted for about an hour of this war free war movie. Tall waiving grass intermixed with actors staring into space with endless, droning voice over narrations. Although you can find people online who will, for whatever reason, like anything, I've never met anyone in real life who saw this that didn't hate it. A critical masterpiece for some reason.

Signs. I've discussed this one enough over the years that I don't feel the need to rehash it yet again. It's dumb, and it sucks.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:37 PM 02-21-2019
Some others:

Moonstruck. Holy shit. What a horrible, incoherent, stupid mess. I practically had to be restrained to stay in my seat, and the only reason I didn't leave is that I hadn't driven to theater. A scenery-chewing, screaming Nicholas Cage, a befuddled Cher dumping her boyfriend for him, and some old Italian guy walking his dogs shouting out "a la luna!" That's all I remember. Wish I could block it out.

Once Upon A Time In America. Another overrated turd that I had never seen and wish I still hadn't seen. Loved the ending where DeNiro rapes his childhood sweetheart and then gets blitzed in an opium den. That's nice. Good ol' Noodles.

Thin Red Line. I lasted for about an hour of this war free war movie. Tall waiving grass intermixed with actors staring into space with endless, droning voice over narrations. Although you can find people online who will, for whatever reason, like anything, I've never met anyone in real life who saw this that didn't hate it. A critical masterpiece for some reason.

Signs. I've discussed this one enough over the years that I don't feel the need to rehash it yet again. It's dumb, and it sucks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up