ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Name Movies that Should Never Be Remade
RINGLEADER 01:26 AM 08-05-2013
Recently had an opportunity to acquire rights to a classic film that I hold in such high regard I wouldn't want to even think about, let alone actually do, a remake or sequel. What movies would you consider off-limits for a remake or sequel?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:51 AM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Poltergeist remake coming in 2014.
A friend is directing that movie. When I saw him the day of the announcement, I said "You're a brave man". His response was "I'm up for it".

I sure hope so. He's a great guy with a nice résumé. Oscar nominated.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:55 AM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by Guru:
Last of the Mohicans
Which one? :-)
[Reply]
Donger 09:58 AM 08-05-2013
Repo Man
Weird Science
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:49 AM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Casablanca was remade in the 80's as a tv series...totally bombed as you might expect. And there is a sequel\remake in the works.

Horrible idea.
Thanks for digging up that repressed memory....
[Reply]
Frazod 11:02 AM 08-05-2013
Christ, ALL OF THEM. I'm sick of this crap.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:05 AM 08-05-2013
The Crow (I know, too late...)
Cool Hand Luke
Fight Club
Citizen Kane
Prince Of Darkness (Dated, but still super creepy.)
Rashomon (You think it's some $3itty import flick but it's the best/first Mindfuck...)
Do The Right Thing
The Professional (despite having a frenchman there is no suck. This defies all known laws of physics. Recreating this film is like winning the lottery - you'll die before getting it right.)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:48 AM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Thanks for digging up that repressed memory....
Sorry. David Soul really pulled it off though eh?:-)
[Reply]
loochy 01:02 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Which one? :-)
The Last One
[Reply]
aturnis 03:18 PM 08-05-2013
The Harry Potter franchise. There is way in jerk they could ever recast it as well as the original cast.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:48 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
A friend is directing that movie. When I saw him the day of the announcement, I said "You're a brave man". His response was "I'm up for it".

I sure hope so. He's a great guy with a nice résumé. Oscar nominated.
Just looked it up. I guess this is the guy who made Monster House? That was a pretty good flick. But yea, he's got his work cut out for him. IMO Poltergeist is one of the best horror flicks ever made. Other than the effects it still holds up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:52 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Just looked it up. I guess this is the guy who made Monster House? That was a pretty good flick. But yea, he's got his work cut out for him. IMO Poltergeist is one of the best horror flicks ever made. Other than the effects it still holds up.
Well, that's what I told him, that Poltergeist was one of the scariest and creepiest movies I'd ever seen and could remember the year and day of the week I first saw it.

Gil's a sharp guy with a great vision, so I'm sure he'll do well with the material. Casting Rosemarie DeWitt was a stroke of genius because she has a similar aesthetic to JoBeth Williams.

And if Sam Rockwell comes aboard, look out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:55 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, that's what I told him, that Poltergeist was one of the scariest and creepiest movies I'd ever seen and could remember the year and day of the week I first saw it.

Gil's a sharp guy with a great vision, so I'm sure he'll do well with the material. Casting Rosemarie DeWitt was a stroke of genius because she has a similar aesthetic to JoBeth Williams.

And if Sam Rockwell comes aboard, look out.
Rockwell would be awesome. Who's he got playing the Zelda Rubenstein role?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:56 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Rockwell would be awesome. Who's he got playing the Zelda Rubenstein role?
I don't know. I haven't spoken to him in a few weeks but I'm sure we'll catch up in September or October. He's got a busy schedule (as do I).
[Reply]
scho63 04:56 PM 08-05-2013
Cherry Poppers #7

They really went downhill after that last masterpiece....
[Reply]
TimBone 10:34 PM 08-05-2013
How about 12 Angry Men? I thought it was well done and just don't see it being pulled off like that again.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up