ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Cars 2
Deberg_1990 08:03 PM 06-26-2011
Just watched it. Pretty decent...not sure if i liked it better than the 1st one, but overall it was ok. Definately a weaker effort from Pixar, but their worst is still better than mosts best effort.

Loved the spy stuff mostly. It was like a cross between James Bond and a racing flick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:37 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
i would have liked to make it through the whole movie today.
but alas, my 4 y.o. apparently needs ridlan. i'm the worst dad ever.
40 bucks for 3 tix and food. didn't even get half way through, and i'll spend another 15 to 20 in 6 months.
dammit.
Did you go to the matinee?
[Reply]
DMAC 09:58 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Watched Cars 2 today with the kids. I really liked it. Reviewers are absolutely hating it, though.
I know, I dont get it. I loved it. WAAAYY better than the first one.

And the preview for Winnie the pooh looked great too.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:13 AM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by DMAC:
WAAAYY better than the first one.

Depends on what you like. 1st one was basically a downhome feel good flick, slower paced but with more heart.

This one was a spy thriller with a little racing thrown in. Heck, Mater had a larger role than McQueen did.

It was really well made and fun, but all in all, i liked Rio and Kung Fu Panda 2 better this year.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:28 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Did you go to the matinee?
yea, sure did. my boy doesn't sit still for cars. or anything.

parenting FAIL.
[Reply]
Over-Head 06:44 AM 06-28-2011
yea, sure did. my boy doesn't sit still for cars. or anything.

parenting FAIL.
Thats why I'm waiting on the DVD, my lil guy's the same way
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:38 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Over-Head:
Thats why I'm waiting on the DVD, my lil guy's the same way
it was mommas idea. i've decided against telling her things are bad ideas. as i've gotten wiser (older), i'm pretty sure that my marriage works better when i hold the "i told you so's" back.

the best part is that the boy keeps repeating himself: i love cars2. i love cars2. i love cars2.
i asked him if he remembered any of the movie. his replied: no.
[Reply]
DMAC 08:40 AM 06-28-2011
it was mommas idea. i've decided against telling her things are bad ideas. as i've gotten wiser (older), i'm pretty sure that my marriage works better when i hold the "i told you so's" back.

the best part is that the boy keeps repeating himself: i love cars2. i love cars2. i love cars2.
i asked him if he remembered any of the movie. his replied: no.
How old is he?
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:52 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by DMAC:
How old is he?
4. he kept on jumping up and down on his seat. the final straw was when he ran up and down the main aisle.
yep, that's me. mr. no control over his 4 year old.:-)
[Reply]
007 01:13 AM 06-29-2011
4. he kept on jumping up and down on his seat. the final straw was when he ran up and down the main aisle.
yep, that's me. mr. no control over his 4 year old.:-)
You take your kids out in public?
[Reply]
pr_capone 01:21 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I had no real reason for saying that, I just really love that movie and don't think it gets enough love
I have to watch it again for my film class. Looking forward to it. Hopefully I don't get another allergy attack.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:58 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Depends on what you like. 1st one was basically a downhome feel good flick, slower paced but with more heart.

This one was a spy thriller with a little racing thrown in. Heck, Mater had a larger role than McQueen did.

It was really well made and fun, but all in all, i liked Rio and Kung Fu Panda 2 better this year.
Agree with all of this. Cars 2, to me, was trying way too hard to be clever for the adults, but it missed the boat in being entertaining for kids. It, basically, felt like an animated Bond movie. I enjoyed it, but my 4 year old wasn't crazy about it (he kept saying he was sleepy). My 6 year old watched it fine, but he'll watch paint dry if it's projected onto a screen.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was absolutely awesome. Best I've seen. Mr. Popper's Penguins was better than Cars 2 (for kids at least). My 4 year old was belly laughing his ass off during it.
[Reply]
Predarat 12:01 PM 06-29-2011
I thought it was pretty good, my 7 yr old loved it, he liked the 1st one better though.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:46 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Agree with all of this. Cars 2, to me, was trying way too hard to be clever for the adults, but it missed the boat in being entertaining for kids. It, basically, felt like an animated Bond movie. I enjoyed it, but my 4 year old wasn't crazy about it (he kept saying he was sleepy). My 6 year old watched it fine, but he'll watch paint dry if it's projected onto a screen.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was absolutely awesome. Best I've seen. Mr. Popper's Penguins was better than Cars 2 (for kids at least). My 4 year old was belly laughing his ass off during it.
Agreed. My 6 and 8 year olds were fine with it, but like i mentioned earlier, i saw alot of younger kids getting restless. I liked the Spy/Bond stuff, but kids are never going to get any of that. Alot of the dialogue was written way over their heads as well like the stuff about the alternative fuels vs gasoline.. Its not a bad movie, its just nothing truly special though like most of their work.
[Reply]
007 03:23 AM 06-02-2012
Watched this the other night with my kids. Definitely designed with the parents in mind. A lot of that humor would go right over kids heads.

I had to explain to them why certain parts were funny to me.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:35 AM 06-02-2012
I've never seen ANY of the Pixar or Dreamworks animated movies. Not even Finding Nemo. None of them. Not even any of the Toy Story movies. I've heard a lot of adults say that some of them were good, but I just can't bring myself to watch any of them. It's not that I have anything against them. Heck, I watch old kids movies sometimes. The stuff I watched when I was a tot.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up