ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Movies you onced loved but not so much anymore
Miles 05:56 PM 03-02-2010
Kinda borrowing an idea from avclub.com with this. Many movies can seem better after you have watched them multiple times but this is the opposite.

What are some movies that you highly regarded around the time you first watched them but upon revisiting them later they just didn't hold up or you might even consider to have drifted over into POS territory?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:48 AM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Other than Dogma, everything by Kevin Smith
Yup. I used to love clerks because at the time I worked in a convenience store. Now it's just ok.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Frazod 11:38 AM 03-03-2010
The Perfect Storm comes to mind. When I first saw it, I thought all the things that happened on the doomed boat were based on radio messages or a journal they plucked from wreckage or something like that, but apparently they just made it all up. Had it been about a fictional boat and a fictional crew, that would have been fine, but they took some serious liberties, and the more I thought about it, the more classless and disrespectful it seemed.

Great special effects - having been in a few nasty ocean storms, it takes a lot to impress me - but I doubt if I'll ever watch it again.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:28 PM 03-03-2010
the sixth sense should be in here.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 02:22 PM 03-03-2010
'Commando'.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:27 PM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
'Commando'.
What?! Come on, that's the awesomest of the awesome 80s "America, F&^K YEAH!" movies!

It's highly quotable, utterly ridiculous and campy, and Arnold weilds an M-60 machine gun with magical ammo belts: one scene, half a belt, same scene but different cut where he turns to blast more bad guys with piss-poor aims, full belt, then another cut, blasting, almost no rounds remaining, cut yet again to three quarters of a belt. Come on man, that shit is magical.

He kills baddies with tool shed items! Chucking radial saw blades like some badass uberninja... plants a pair of hedge trimmers into some other nameless bad guy who was stupid enough to kidnap "Jenny".... that's straight up Chuck Norris!

I think I need to put that movie in my instant watch queue now....
[Reply]
blaise 02:35 PM 03-03-2010
Beverly Hills Cop isn't very funny to me now. There's really only a couple of good lines in it.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 02:40 PM 03-03-2010
What?! Come on, that's the awesomest of the awesome 80s "America, F&^K YEAH!" movies!

It's highly quotable, utterly ridiculous and campy, and Arnold weilds an M-60 machine gun with magical ammo belts: one scene, half a belt, same scene but different cut where he turns to blast more bad guys with piss-poor aims, full belt, then another cut, blasting, almost no rounds remaining, cut yet again to three quarters of a belt. Come on man, that shit is magical.

He kills baddies with tool shed items! Chucking radial saw blades like some badass uberninja... plants a pair of hedge trimmers into some other nameless bad guy who was stupid enough to kidnap "Jenny".... that's straight up Chuck Norris!

:-) I guess you've seen it quite a few times?!?!

I loved it as a kid, not so much now. I mean...how can 30 guys shoot autos at Awnold and not hit him. Yet, he hits them all while not aiming, walking out in the open, and never run out of ammo.:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by blaise:
Beverly Hills Cop isn't very funny to me now. There's really only a couple of good lines in it.
The first one's still pretty good, IMO. The second one was pointless, though. And the third one was absolutely awful.
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:48 PM 03-03-2010

Commando rules so hard. All of the Hispanic bad guys, if you listen to their Spanish dialogue, they're actually just saying things like "Taco taco, burrito!" to each other. That movie, for the reasons you mentioned and more, is Reagan-era America.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:50 PM 03-03-2010
Commando is the shit. Not quite Gymkata badass, but very close.

[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:54 PM 03-03-2010
Dude... 50 kills in 3 minutes! That's classic Ahhnold.

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 04:33 PM 03-03-2010
I love it when he blows up the barracks and you can see cardboard cutouts of the badguys being destroyed. Its up there with Citizen Kane and Godfather in my book
[Reply]
Reaper16 05:46 PM 03-03-2010

[Reply]
Jenson71 06:04 PM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I liked spiderman then everyone pounted out how gay it was.
:-)
[Reply]
SLAG 06:27 PM 03-03-2010

and

pulp fiction
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up