ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Movies you onced loved but not so much anymore
Miles 05:56 PM 03-02-2010
Kinda borrowing an idea from avclub.com with this. Many movies can seem better after you have watched them multiple times but this is the opposite.

What are some movies that you highly regarded around the time you first watched them but upon revisiting them later they just didn't hold up or you might even consider to have drifted over into POS territory?
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:59 PM 03-02-2010
Other than Dogma, everything by Kevin Smith
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:01 PM 03-02-2010
I remember liking Independence Day when I was 13.
[Reply]
Miles 06:02 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I remember liking Independence Day when I was 13.
Damn, I should have added liking a shitty movie while growing up don't count.
[Reply]
Miles 06:18 PM 03-02-2010
Just to throw another example out there - Donnie Darko
[Reply]
HC_Chief 06:43 PM 03-02-2010
A buddy of mine kept going on and on about how awesome Boondock Saints was and how I would love it because I dig the gritty, terse films, ala Tarantino, Scorsese, Kubrick.

So I borrow the DVD from him and oh my God, what a #&*%@ing ghey, lame, retarted[sic] piece of shit movie. What's even more incredible is they made a freaking sequel to it! Damn man, microwaved diareha.
[Reply]
Miles 06:48 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
A buddy of mine kept going on and on about how awesome Boondock Saints was and how I would love it because I dig the gritty, terse films, ala Tarantino, Scorsese, Kubrick.

So I borrow the DVD from him and oh my God, what a #&*%@ing ghey, lame, retarted[sic] piece of shit movie. What's even more incredible is they made a freaking sequel to it! Damn man, microwaved diareha.
Couldn't agree more. I probably would have considered it a decent late night B movie if not for the absurd hype.

One of my friends has been telling me for a while that I need to check out the documentary "Overnight" which apparently details how big of a raging douch the director is.
[Reply]
jidar 06:49 PM 03-02-2010
Not a single one.

How could you like a movie then decide it sucks later? That doesn't make any sense at all.
If you liked it at one point then there was something good about it to make you like it, and it's not the movie that has changed so... why does it suck now? How could it? Maybe you don't enjoy it like you did, but that's not the movies fault, you've just changed.
[Reply]
Brock 06:51 PM 03-02-2010
Quite a few movies that I liked a lot when I first saw them, but never care to see them again.

American Beauty, for example.
[Reply]
Reaper16 06:56 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by Miles:
Couldn't agree more. I probably would have considered it a decent late night B movie if not for the absurd hype.

One of my friends has been telling me for a while that I need to check out the documentary "Overnight" which apparently details how big of a raging douch the director is.
Overnight is a delightful little piece of schadenfreude.
[Reply]
Miles 07:04 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by jidar:
Not a single one.

How could you like a movie then decide it sucks later? That doesn't make any sense at all.
If you liked it at one point then there was something good about it to make you like it, and it's not the movie that has changed so... why does it suck now? How could it? Maybe you don't enjoy it like you did, but that's not the movies fault, you've just changed.
Any music you once liked at the time but now realize it was actually shitty?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:07 PM 03-02-2010
Alot of movies i loved as a kid in the 80's havent aged well at all.
[Reply]
Brock 07:08 PM 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Alot of movies i loved as a kid in the 80's havent aged well at all.
Ha, I loved the Conan movies back then, now they are just good for a laugh.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:09 PM 03-02-2010
Boondock Saints is the first that comes to mind.
[Reply]
ChiefFripp 07:14 PM 03-02-2010
Less Than Zero
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up