ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Velus Jones, Jr.
kccrow 06:54 PM 01-20-2022
Keep an eye on this guy IMO.

5'11" 200 or so and just flies.

I think he's a chess piece that will intrigue Andy.

[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:33 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Keep an eye on this guy IMO.

5'11" 200 or so and just flies.

I think he's a chess piece that will intrigue Andy.

Yeah, Im liking that!

Where is he expected to be drafted?
[Reply]
kccrow 11:37 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Yeah, Im liking that!

Where is he expected to be drafted?
I've seen mostly 3rd round grades.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:40 PM 01-20-2022
I've seen mostly 3rd round grades.
Im liking that too. DE rd 1 another stud LB/S rd 2 and this guy in rd 3. Thats a major upgrade to positions of need.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:19 PM 01-21-2022
How is he out of the backfield? Did he rush very much?

I ask because he has similar traits to Jamaal in my opinion, albeit a little slower. Would be interesting to see his skills at RB.

EDIT: Not many carries in his career, only 15.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:43 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How is he out of the backfield? Did he rush very much?

I ask because he has similar traits to Jamaal in my opinion, albeit a little slower. Would be interesting to see his skills at RB.

EDIT: Not many carries in his career, only 15.
Yeah, I'm not sure if that's his forte. That said, Deebo Samuel only had 25 career carries in college. Looking at their stats, they had similar production in their Sr years.

One thing that's an added bonus for Velus is he's an experienced and very good kick and punt returner. Not many guys come in already well-versed in that and you end up with them being forced there because of skillset and making bonehead plays.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:02 PM 01-21-2022
You realize he’s 24? Affect the crush at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kccrow 07:13 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
You realize he’s 24? Affect the crush at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all. Use him up and churn him. Replacement for Hardman IMO.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:28 PM 01-21-2022
I like that he's from the USC room originally. They have done a really good job prepping their receivers for the NFL over the past several years.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:56 AM 01-22-2022
Not at all. Use him up and churn him. Replacement for Hardman IMO.
Okay, but Hardman doesn't need replacing.

I mean, he is what he is, but that's still an effective and useful weapon, he's just not a #2 WR.

We've got some gigantic holes that will need filling. This kid looks like an interesting talent, but I don't know that I'd spend a 2nd or 3rd on a 'potentially better Hardman'.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:58 AM 01-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Okay, but Hardman doesn't need replacing.

I mean, he is what he is, but that's still an effective and useful weapon, he's just not a #2 WR.

We've got some gigantic holes that will need filling. This kid looks like an interesting talent, but I don't know that I'd spend a 2nd or 3rd on a 'potentially better Hardman'.
It has absolutely nothing to do with Hardman's skill. I like Hardman quite a bit but he's a free agent after the 2022 season.

I can't imagine a situation where its a better cash decision to hang onto him over let him go to greener pastures. I may be wrong, but I think it's a similar scenario to Ward this year.

With it taking a hot minute to learn Reid's offense, yes the Chiefs should have an eye on replacing Hardman.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:09 PM 01-22-2022
You guys are both correct. Hardman is worth keeping but someone is going to offer him more money than we will.

I see him playing elsewhere when his contract is up.

I would like to retain him as he has a place here that contributes to the teams success and as mentioned, it appears to take a long time for some to grasp the offense.

Even if he stays, we need to keep the pipeline full of dynamic WRs for Patrick.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:04 PM 01-27-2022
Another guy I really like and is also a bit older of a prospect is Dontario Drummond from Ole Miss. What's with me liking the old fuckers, lol.
[Reply]
Up