« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:23 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
It doesn't matter how much you invest if those investments don't work out on the field. I'm skeptical of Andy Heck's coaching ability. We may have to continue to get linemen who received their initial training somewhere else.

If Heck does his job and these young guys work out, we are set for years. We won't have to invest much in the near future. Heck has plenty of talent to work with this year. If we don't have a Top-5 Oline this year, Heck has failed IMO.
You're ****ing skeptical the sun is going to come up tomorrow. And when it does, you'll say we just got lucky, and it's not coming up the day after.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:52 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Classic Veach. Only looks at actual production against people like Chase Young while completely ignoring calves.

On the other hand, Dave Gettleman building a real powerhouse in NY with his BCA (best calves available) draft strategy.
Gettleman. :-)

You’ve really been bringing the sarcasm game lately. Nice work.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It always made sense.

He suffered a severe hip injury in the Fall of 2019 and would have started out on the PUP list in 2020, if not IR. Even if he could have come back in December 2020, he wouldn't have been in football shape and would have faced limited snaps, so it was best for him and the team for him to sit out last season.

Now, they'll have him for at least 4 years so that he, OBJ, Humphrey, Thuney and a right guard to be named later can grow together over the next 4 to 5 seasons.
It also makes sense because we have another year in his rookie contract (that he didn’t blow with a known injury) and he gets another year to develop before his second contract.

So yeah, it has always made sense. For everybody.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:11 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Geoff Schwartz. Nice player, but short NFL career. Why?

Small coccyx.
Ahem, outstanding citizen-cyz.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:15 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're ****ing skeptical the sun is going to come up tomorrow. And when it does, you'll say we just got lucky, and it's not coming up the day after.
I freely admit that I'm skeptical and pessimistic. I really like the offensive lineman we added but I've never thought Heck was very good.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 06:49 AM 05-17-2021
I freely admit that I'm skeptical and pessimistic. I really like the offensive lineman we added but I've never thought Heck was very good.
After getting last year's injury plagued and opt out depleted offensive line to the Super Bowl, I'd like to see what Heck can do with the offensive line talent Veach has assembled this season before passing judgement.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:55 AM 05-17-2021
We lost 2 games with starters last year with catastrophic injuries/opt outs to our OL.

Only a fucking moron like JakeF would question the OL coach after that
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:00 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
They’re not going to give any clues they’re worried, but they have to be. It’s not unfixable, but dude needs a new workout/diet plan to reverse course. Right now this is worst look from a rookie since Ryan Sims.

All premature, man.

Look at tape/pictures of him as jr/sr at TCU. He had a noticeable paunch even with shoulder pads and full gear on.

He might have put on a few pounds above that, but it isn’t a huge amount. Around 10 pounds, if that.

And it isn’t just the Chiefs or his trainer saying his weight isn’t an issue or obvious reason for alarm bells.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:07 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We lost 2 games with starters last year with catastrophic injuries/opt outs to our OL.

Only a fucking moron like JakeF would question the OL coach after that
Wow, pretty damn hostile considering I just gave an opinion about a coach

I have to wonder what is so fucked about your real life that you feel the need to be a raging prick about such small things on CP. Seriously, take some Prozac and get laid or something. Geesh :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 07:24 AM 05-17-2021
Andy Reid says Lucas Niang is in better shape than he was in 2020

The Chiefs head coach said that during rookie minicamp, last season’s third-round pick looked fine.

As the Kansas City Chiefs labored to rebuild their offensive line during the offseason, some of the biggest unanswered questions surrounded offensive tackle Lucas Niang, who chose to opt out of his coronavirus-plagued rookie season.

Would he come back in football shape? Could he be well-versed enough in the offense to become a starter at right tackle as the season begins? Has he been preparing to play on both ends of the line? And if so... how much?

Technically still a rookie, he was one of those participating in the team’s rookie minicamp over the weekend. And we got answers for some of these questions.

“He’s done a nice job in this camp,” head coach Andy Reid said of Niang during a virtual press conference on Sunday afternoon. “He’s a big man — like really, a big man — that has these beautiful feet. So I look forward to getting him back in the pads in training camp: moving around, doing what offensive linemen do — the real football part of it.”

Plenty of chatter about #Chiefs Lucas Niang. Focused my lens on him and others during day 2 of rookie mini-camp @41actionnews pic.twitter.com/eG6rT7OOH7

— Aaron Ladd (@aaronladd0) May 15, 2021
For his part, Niang — a man of very few words — said that he had worked hard to be ready for his return to the Chiefs.

“I was just working out four days a week — whether that be on the field or the weight room stuff — but I did a lot of football stuff week-in and week-out,” he said of his year off. “I was watching, so I wanted to get back out there — and stay sharp.”

He said that during this period, he remained in contact with both his teammates and coaches, checking in every week or two. And that in his workouts, he worked at both tackle and guard — on both sides of the line.

Reid said that Niang’s work had paid off.

“He actually came in better shape than he probably was last year,” noted the head coach. “That’s a plus. You know he’s been doing stuff. So he came in — and it looked like he got right back into it. For what we asked him to do, he was fine.”

Because of the limited number of players in the minicamp — partly because the league had limited each team to just five tryout invitations — there were limits on what players like Niang were able to do.

“The thing with this [minicamp] is there was no offense versus defense with the lines,” Reid told reporters. “So we didn’t have one-on-ones or any of that.”

But Reid also noted that Niang had been through all of that during last season’s offseason — which is an important point to remember. Niang opted out on August 6, so he had already been through the entire offseason program up to that point — including the first week of training camp. Niang said that making it that far last year has helped him this time around.

“All the plays — all the thinking — is way easier this year,” he said. “I could focus more on my technique because I knew my assignments faster — having been through it one time.”

“He’s a very intelligent kid,” Reid reminded reporters. “I think you guys know that. He’s very intelligent. Just getting him back in the swing of things, [it] looked like he did that well.”

And when asked, Niang flatly denied that he was having to work through any rust.

“No, sir,” he declared. “It felt great to be back on the field. I’ve been around — working out — and I couldn’t wait to get back; I was working when I was home, too. So it was good to be back.”
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:48 AM 05-17-2021
Imagine the beef on the right with Smith and Niang, then OBJ on the left. And Thuney and Humphrey arent exactly small guys either. CEH should be doing back flips right now.
[Reply]
O.city 07:49 AM 05-17-2021
A NFL offensive lineman has a gut? I'm shocked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 05-17-2021
It doesn't matter how much you invest if those investments don't work out on the field. I'm skeptical of Andy Heck's coaching ability. We may have to continue to get linemen who received their initial training somewhere else.

If Heck does his job and these young guys work out, we are set for years. We won't have to invest much in the near future. Heck has plenty of talent to work with this year. If we don't have a Top-5 Oline this year, Heck has failed IMO.
What?

If Andy Heck is bad at developing talent, that's even LESS reason to draft more offensive linemen, not more.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:15 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What?

If Andy Heck is bad at developing talent, that's even LESS reason to draft more offensive linemen, not more.
Yup, like when the Chiefs went years on end without a decent WR, but it didn't matter because the QB and OC always sucked shit anyway. Why bother trying at WR?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:17 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yup, like when the Chiefs went years on end without a decent WR, but it didn't matter because the QB and OC always sucked shit anyway. Why bother trying at WR?
I think he means acquiring known quantities on the OL is a better strategy than drafting if you don't trust a coach to develop them.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:21 AM 05-17-2021
Morse, LDT, Fisher, Fulton, etc.

What reason is there to believe that Heck can’t develop young talent?

Another retarded JakeF take :-)
[Reply]
Page 30 of 46
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up