ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
tredadda 10:02 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Finally have someone else on my side of this! He wasn't enough and he hasn't been that good. It isn't about how good he WILL be, it's about what he's produced this year and how that has contributed to an improved DL or not.
Good grief. He doesn’t spend a first rounder on a DE people complain. He spends one on a DE and he’s not Myles Garrett after 12 games and people complain. I get it, but if you are unhappy what would you have done differently?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:05 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Good grief. He doesn’t spend a first rounder on a DE people complain. He spends one on a DE and he’s not Myles Garrett after 12 games and people complain. I get it, but if you are unhappy what would you have done differently?
Are you really that dense? Even if Karlaftis was Myles Garrett that alone wasn’t enough. This DL has been bad for several years now, Veach thought drafting a rookie at the end of the 1st and Dunlap was enough? The issue is he should have gone all out adding more talent across the line. He should have doubled down at DE and/or DT in the draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:06 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
The DL hasn't been good which is why we rely so much on blitzing to create pressure and why our #3 leading sacker is a DB.
The DL was always going to be a weakness this season, along with OT. I'm pretty sure Veach himself knew that.

That doesn't mean that it isn't "enough", and it definitely doesn't mean it isn't "ANYWHERE near enough".

The Chiefs are better than everybody thought they would be, and that's not just because of Mahomes, because everybody already knew we had Mahomes and how great he is already.

It's ok. You said something really stupid to try to blame Veach for a loss that had nothing to do with him. Just own it.
[Reply]
-King- 10:07 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The DL was always going to be a weakness this season, along with OT. I'm pretty sure Veach himself knew that.

That doesn't mean that it isn't "enough", and it definitely doesn't mean it isn't "ANYWHERE near enough".

The Chiefs are better than everybody thought they would be, and that's not just because of Mahomes, because everybody already knew we had Mahomes and how great he is already.

It's ok. You said something really stupid to try to blame Veach for a loss that had nothing to do with him. Just own it.
I'm blaming him for what the DL is right now. He identified it as a weakness and an area we needed to majorly improve in the offseason and then drafted Karlaftis and then did nothing else until late in the offseason when he signed Dunlap.

Again....topic.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Are you really that dense? Even if Karlaftis was Myles Garrett that alone wasn’t enough. This DL has been bad for several years now, Veach thought drafting a rookie at the end of the 1st and Dunlap was enough? The issue is he should have gone all out adding more talent across the line. He should have doubled down at DE and/or DT in the draft.
How can you say this (which is reeruned) then simultaneously pretend that this could've been solved by doubling down at DE in the draft?

What other DE could they have drafted that would've solved the DL for this year?

I'll wait...
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:08 AM 12-06-2022
Loss was on ONE thing: mistakes.
We made two (fumble, missed FG), they made none.
In an evenly played game, the mistakes make the difference.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:09 AM 12-06-2022
I'm blaming him for what the DL is right now. He identified it as a weakness and an area we needed to majorly improve in the offseason and then drafted Karlaftis and then did nothing else until late in the offseason when he signed Dunlap.

Again....topic.
Again you are using words like "enough" then failing to acknowledge what qualifies, because you know it's fucking stupid.
[Reply]
-King- 10:11 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
...they dropped a wide open easy touchdown...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:11 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Add in missed tackles and you've got it.

The only mistake they really made was that open TD that they dropped.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 AM 12-06-2022
Again you are using words like "enough" then failing to acknowledge what qualifies, because you know it's fucking stupid.
It qualifies what the topic we're talking about. Which is the DL.

Veach should have been more aggressive on the DL. Thus, he didn't do enough. Simple equation.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 AM 12-06-2022
...they dropped a wide open easy touchdown...
So, 1 mistake compared to several.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:13 AM 12-06-2022
It qualifies what the topic we're talking about. Which is the DL.

Veach should have been more aggressive on the DL. Thus, he didn't do enough. Simple equation.
No, the topic which you yourself started is whether the DL is "ANYWHERE near enough".

You refuse to clearly define what qualifies as enough, because you know it's enough to win a SB.
[Reply]
-King- 10:13 AM 12-06-2022
So, 1 mistake compared to several.
According to JaMarr Chase, they did make several mistakes in the 3rd quarter.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:15 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Not dense at all. He has addressed the line and is still doing so. He’s also addressed a lot of other positions as well. As you complain about everything it’s no surprise and I fully believe you would complain about the other positions that were neglected to go all out. Top tier DEs go well before where KC drafts. From what it seems like he tried to sign Z’Darius Smith, tried to trade for Burns, and Josh Allen. He is making an attempt so to think he is ignoring it is ridiculous. Can he and should he do more? Absolutely but across the board our defense is better this year than last.

I ask again, what would you have done in his spot?
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 AM 12-06-2022
No, the topic which you yourself started is whether the DL is "ANYWHERE near enough".
Originally Posted by :
what Veach did to address it isn't ANYWHERE near enough.
Read slower.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up