ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 270
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 03-21-2023
And don't come at me with the argument of "yeah...well if this team lost their best skill player...they would be hurting too!". Kelce is 34 and just said that last season was the toughest year of his career. We should be starting to lessen his load instead of putting more on his plate.

Does that need to be Hopkins? Nope but it damn sure better be something more than just a shot on a WR in the 3rd or 4th round.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:38 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And don't come at me with the argument of "yeah...well if this team lost their best skill player...they would be hurting too!". Kelce is 34 and just said that last season was the toughest year of his career. We should be starting to lessen his load instead of putting more on his plate.

Does that need to be Hopkins? Nope but it damn sure better be something more than just a shot on a WR in the 3rd or 4th round.
It's pretty simple, if you don't want Hopkins or Beckham then you're in favor of using a 1st on a WR.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:38 PM 03-21-2023
Noting that Kelce is considered our #1 WR at 34 yrs old but CP also knocking Hopkins for being 30 yrs old.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's pretty simple, if you don't want Hopkins or Beckham then you're in favor of using a 1st on a WR.
Yep. It's basically tunnel vision.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:40 PM 03-21-2023
Take a RT in the first if you lock down Hopkins, plenty of depth at situational pass rusher in the draft.

1st - RT
2nd - DE
3rd - [D Hopkins Trade]
4th - WR
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:40 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

There's NO WAY that we go into this next season with this WR corps plus a guy from the draft.
Of course not. Hell, we don't even have Hardman or Watson at present. There's definitely work to do.

But the list of possible and viable options doesn't stop at Hopkins and a reasonably productive WR room wouldn't necessarily require Hopkins OR a 1st round WR even if you're just sitting through the presently available options.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:41 PM 03-21-2023
This WR room is shoddy enough that if they traded for Hopkins and used a 1 on a WR you could justify it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:44 PM 03-21-2023
I'm content playing Tetris here and using whatever blocks I'm given to make things work.

And that's typically how Veach operates as well.

I think he has plenty of plates spinning and at some point something will be decided that breaks the dam and starts things moving forward.

If Tetris gives you the big cube, put it in place and get to work around it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:45 PM 03-21-2023
This WR room is shoddy enough that if they traded for Hopkins and used a 1 on a WR you could justify it.
I'd take Hopkins, and then draft Hyatt in the 2nd.

Yes, i think Hyatt will be there in the 2nd.

Hyatt would fill in wonderfully in the "Rookie WR Jet Sweep Guy" role while he develops behind Hopkins/MVS/Moore/Toney.

Or if Hyatt isn't there, i absolutely love the later round value guys like Mingo, Mims & Rice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Take a RT in the first if you lock down Hopkins, plenty of depth at situational pass rusher in the draft.

1st - RT
2nd - DE
3rd - [D Hopkins Trade]
4th - WR
This draft has some really good edge talent. There's no way they should draft a tackle in the 1st. It's a waste of resources.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 03-21-2023
It also has enough upside that if you can get DJ Chark and Olimade Zaccheus signed, you may be better served using that 1st and the 2nd you saved by not trading for Hopkins on a DE and OT.

There's not a single path forward here.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'd take Hopkins, and then draft Hyatt in the 2nd.

Yes, i think Hyatt will be there in the 2nd.

Hyatt would fill in wonderfully in the "Rookie WR Jet Sweep Guy" role while he develops behind Hopkins/MVS/Moore/Toney.

Or if Hyatt isn't there, i absolutely love the later round value guys like Mingo, Mims & Rice.
I'd use a 1 if it was Flowers or Addison, those guys would fit very easily into what Reid does.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:47 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm content playing Tetris here and using whatever blocks I'm given to make things work.

I think he has plenty of plates spinning and at some point something will be decided that breaks the dam and starts things moving forward.

I'd just like to remind you you're playing Tetris a game you can only play by yourself that you can't win maybe another analogy
[Reply]
O.city 12:48 PM 03-21-2023
It also has enough upside that if you can get DJ Chark and Olimade Zaccheus signed, you may be better served using that 1st and the 2nd you saved by not trading for Hopkins on a DE and OT.

There's not a single path forward here.
Eh, it worked out last year, but one could argue that was more because it was schemed around not because of.

I'm all for the spare parts approach, but you run a risk of a pretty low ceiling it things get sideways on you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 03-21-2023

Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 270
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up