Page 261 of 275
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:30 PM 04-24-2024
Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Originally Posted by :
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
scho63 01:23 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
3, 4, and 5 are done.

Let’s get a RB and DT.
100% agree. :-)
[Reply]
Woogieman 01:27 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This might end up being Veach's best draft. He's nailed each and every pick. He added another guy who might replace Kelce in the future, a guy who might finally replace Hill, and re-infused the depth at S with another do-it-all guy.

We'll have to see how this finishes but I see the point in every pick...
I'm as big a Veach defender as anyone, but in general, hate trading draft capital...this year is an exception, as the roster is young, talented and has very few openings. Go get your guy, but I think it's silly to dismiss the fact the Chiefs have selected Noah Grey, Trey Smith, Pops, Jaylen Watson, Nazeeh Johnson, Mike Danna etc in the 5th and after. I'm glad BV got his guys, but fans that want more darts aren't fools
[Reply]
Rausch 01:33 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I'm as big a Veach defender as anyone, but in general, hate trading draft capital...this year is an exception, as the roster is young, talented and has very few openings. Go get your guy, but I think it's silly to dismiss the fact the Chiefs have selected Noah Grey, Trey Smith, Pops, Jaylen Watson, Nazeeh Johnson, Mike Danna etc in the 5th and after. I'm glad BV got his guys, but fans that want more darts aren't fools
I wasn't super excited about this year's draft and how our picks matched up with the talent outside of WR. I went in wanting a trade down and adding picks for next year.

He may have added a starting G, a versatile Safety, a big play threat in the passing game, and a starting tackle for the next 10 years, as well as an athletic move TE that could also be a weapon for us down the road and be a true starter. I definitely didn't think we'd be able to pair need with talent like we have.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:37 PM 04-27-2024
I always want more shots at WR and wish we would take more.

Especially since we don't sign many in FA.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:37 PM 04-27-2024
Kimani Vidal is a 7th round back to keep an eye on.

Here’s a stat:

“Kimani Vidal was 1 of just 2 players in the FBS to have 35+ Broken Tackles and 35+ Missed Tackles on runs last season”

Sub 4.5 40 at 215 lbs.
[Reply]
scho63 01:38 PM 04-27-2024
No team is 100% with their draft picks and we are no exception.

I think Veach is a strong B+ or weak A-

I think the Packers are one of the best drafting teams and the Ravens and Steelers always seem to find a defensive nugget on rounds 4-7.

The Raiders are probably the worst.
[Reply]
Woogieman 01:39 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I wasn't super excited about this year's draft and how our picks matched up with the talent outside of WR. I went in wanting a trade down and adding picks for next year.

He may have added a starting G, a versatile Safety, a big play threat in the passing game, and a starting tackle for the next 10 years, as well as an athletic move TE that could also be a weapon for us down the road and be a true starter. I definitely didn't think we'd be able to pair need with talent like we have.
I was in the same boat. I would loved to have had a late 30, a 40 and a 64, but as we all know, that's not easy! If Kingsley is a rock by December, Nourzad is just Allegretti II, and Hicks can push cook and Conner, it's a phenomenal draft!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:40 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

I think the Packers are one of the best drafting teams and the Ravens and Steelers always seem to find a defensive nugget on rounds 4-7.

I'd love to hear the explanation of how this isn't an A+ draft.
[Reply]
Woogieman 01:41 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

I agree, and I would even lump the Colts in there, with the Eagles and Bengals. SOme franchises always seem to draft better than others (or at least take the players I like), but that one huge, missing element is QB!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:41 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I always want more shots at WR and wish we would take more.

Especially since we don't sign many in FA.
We signed the second best free agent WR and drafted one in the 1st and you STILL bitch.

:-)
[Reply]
xztop123 01:41 PM 04-27-2024
THE DEAL IS DONE
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:41 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I was in the same boat. I would loved to have had a late 30, a 40 and a 64, but as we all know, that's not easy! If Kingsley is a rock by December, Nourzad is just Allegretti II, and Hicks can push cook and Conner, it's a phenomenal draft!
Yeah, you will never get everything you want.

I think we went heavier on offense and seemed to grab players at positions that made sense at the time.

Obviously this draft will be decided on Worthy and Kingsley with the other guys providing the possibility of hitting on something more.
[Reply]
xztop123 01:41 PM 04-27-2024
Bertrand beach killed it!!!!!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:42 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We signed the second best free agent WR and drafted one in the 1st and you STILL bitch.

:-)

Change your tampon.
[Reply]
scho63 01:44 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'd love to hear the explanation of how this isn't an A+ draft.
These guys haven't played a single snap in the NFL and yet you give it an A+

To fill needs it has been great.

Look at Veach's history - that's how I'm grading him.
[Reply]
Page 261 of 275
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 > Last »
Up