ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>What was the first song you liked?
Stewie 08:31 PM 05-25-2022
Disregarding nursery rhymes and anything before age 6...

What's your first memory of a song that really caught your ear?

For me it was "Henry the Eighth" by Herman's Hermits. Catchy, and I could sing along to the simple lyrics. I think I was 6 or 7.

Also...

What was the first music you bought with your own money? Single, Album, etc..
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:29 AM 05-26-2022
Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:18 PM 05-26-2022
Interesting question..

My earliest memories of songs I liked are Tim McGraw's Don't Take the Girl, 2pac's Changes and Chaka Demus and Pliers' Murder She Wrote.

My mom mainly listened to country and my dad rap/R&B/reggae. It makes perfect sense but it is funny how your parents influence your tastes.

Neither of my parents were into rock or classic stuff. I'm in my 30s and I literally could not pick any one of the Beatles out of a lineup.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:33 PM 05-26-2022
I'm 56 years old. Like I'm going to remember the first song I liked. Could have been anything from a song I heard on Hee Haw to the theme song to Partridge Family. :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:44 PM 05-26-2022
Ratt: Lack of Communication
[Reply]
EPodolak 12:48 PM 05-26-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm 56 years old. Like I'm going to remember the first song I liked. Could have been anything from a song I heard on Hee Haw to the theme song to Partridge Family. :-)
Same here, had older siblings growing up and I absorbed their music very early in life.

It's either something by the Mamas & the Papas, Monkees, or Beatles.
[Reply]
tmax63 01:11 PM 05-26-2022
I'm same age group. Probably House of the Rising Sun since that was one of my mom's favorites. After that probably would some of the Beatles or Chuck Berry.
[Reply]
scho63 04:10 PM 05-26-2022
Led Zeppelin: Black Dog and Stairway to Heaven.
Kiss: Rock and Roll All Nite
David Bowie: Young Americans.

I can't remember the exact order but those all stuck out huge when I was around 14-15 years old.
[Reply]
srvy 05:44 PM 05-26-2022
Green Onions by Booker T and the MG's

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:48 PM 05-26-2022
My mom and dad listened to Neil Diamond, Abba, Earth Wind and Fire, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, stuff like that. I never really got into it much. But my best friend growing up (and the house I probably stayed at more than my own) was a Jamaican family and my boy Mikey dread. At his house I was exposed to reggae, and the first time I heard One Love I was in love. That music made more sense to my young brain than what my parents listened to. Went through lots of different musical phases in my life but I’ve always stuck with reggae/dancehall music. Some of my best memories are to sound of Jamaican Music.

First album I bought with my money was Prince Purple Rain.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:51 PM 05-26-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
I have a song written out to the beat of Uptown Girl, but it’s about Patrick Mahomes. Maybe one day I’ll get around to doing it to the music.

Pat Mahomes will kick your ass on fields or in domes
He’ll kick your ass anywhere he plays, he’ll probably turn a few straight Chiefs fans gay, I may I may
Pat Mahomes he’ll rock you harder than The Rolling Stones and he’s got a voice that sounds like Kermit
but he’s a bad ass he dont give a shit no shit no shit
And when he scrambles and throws on the di I ime
He makes opposing defenses lose their mi I inds
You have run out of luck, you better tuck, your balls when you walk by
Pat Mahomes, he’ll get Fangio fired and give Elway Krohns
Because he’s such an awesome qb, I heard his touch can even cure VD, could be could be
Pat Mahomes, the guys more clutch than fucking Johnny Gomes give him the ball when the games on the line, he’ll win it for you almost every time all right all right
And when you play him you don’t stand a cha a ance
Opposing corners better wear their brown pa a ants
Cuz he will carve you up then you’ll cuss and give up to
Pat Mahomes he’s more entertaining than Game of Thrones he’s born to win he’s born to shine, and help the crowd sing Sweet Caroline oh my oh my
Pat Mahomes I think he’s got titanium plated bones he’s what us Chiefs fans have been waiting for it seems since at least 1974 but maybe more

Pat Mahomes he’s our Pat Mahomes his nickname is showtime but he’s Pat Mahomes fuckin Pat Mahomes
[Reply]
srvy 09:14 PM 05-26-2022
Music was in our house since i was a baby. I was the youngest of four siblings When it rained we spun records on a suitcase player. So I noticed music early 6 to 7 I was picking favorite songs.

I remember this one, especially nearing Halloween.

[Reply]
Stewie 09:51 PM 05-26-2022
Ah. Forgot about posting my first record purchases.

Single - Hey Jude
Album - Machine Head (Deep Purple)
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:50 AM 05-27-2022

[Reply]
listopencil 06:36 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
While a very young child, my mom took me along on a trip to visit one of her friends that lived in a two story apartment complex near the beach in Virginia. It was the kind of complex that looked like a hotel. Upper and lower wooden walkways with dark wooden staircases at each corner. The lady that lived there, my mom's friend, started putting records on as they sat and talked. As soon as Ride Captain Ride started I was drawn to it. I hurried over to the turntable and just stared at the record for the entire song. I thought it was the greatest song I had ever heard, and I might have been correct as I was less than 5 years old. I still remember the label.
[Reply]
SuperChief 07:17 AM 05-27-2022
My mom used to sing this to me and my siblings before bed, so I'll go with this one:

[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up